Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Bloody hell, that hit on the omagh guy is unreal, that is as blatent as you can get, its no wonder the omagh ones are agrieved...scandulous refereeing..leaves a sour taste..wud say thats the end of that guy refereeing..

amigo

Quote from: amigo on September 15, 2009, 11:22:07 AM
I was just watching a few clips of the Ardboe V Omagh game on the tyrone website there!! My god how did Omagh not get a free in the lead up to Ardboes goal in the second half!! Big McConville nearly took the omagh man's head off with a shoulder straight up the mouth!! It was a straight red offence never mind a free!!
What was your take on it orangeman?? Have a look at it there if you want!!

Orangeman,
No Comment ?

orangeman

You'd need to ask the referee who is alleged to have had a good view if it why he allowed play to continue. Definitely looks like a free but the ref didn't blow it.

DCR

Quote from: amigo on September 15, 2009, 11:22:07 AM
I was just watching a few clips of the Ardboe V Omagh game on the tyrone website there!! My god how did Omagh not get a free in the lead up to Ardboes goal in the second half!! Big McConville nearly took the omagh man's head off with a shoulder straight up the mouth!! It was a straight red offence never mind a free!!
What was your take on it orangeman?? Have a look at it there if you want!!

Did you happen to get a look at Marty McKeown's first half injury time challenge on Justy which resulted in a Yellow for McKeown and a free/point for Omagh. According to WHISTLEWATCH in today's TYRONE TMES "Sean McCartan issued bookings when appropriate. Alas his decision to penalise a 50 - 50 shoulder on Justin McMahon in first half stoppage time with a yellow card and a free which McMahon converted....." shows that different people take different views. Or as a very successful businessman acquaintance of mine says "Opinions are like ar*eholes - everybody has one".

healypark

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 15, 2009, 12:12:39 PM
Bloody hell, that hit on the omagh guy is unreal, that is as blatent as you can get, its no wonder the omagh ones are agrieved...scandulous refereeing..leaves a sour taste..wud say thats the end of that guy refereeing..
noted a few comments in people understanding our frustrations with that decision which was a major turning point. at that stage we were 4 points up. Ardboe totally dominated after. as for ec unique we are not bad losers (& don't believe the c**k & bull us looking for a replay). we are not a club to cry foul. its just in this instance we feel / haunted by a scandalous decision. im sure om would be aggrieved in the same way if it was the other way round.

as for randomask or whatever he's called - lads dont get worked up and tar all of us with the one brush. i would prefer to listing a forthcoming semi final fixture rather than a recent list of underage achievements. agree with om 'potential is a great starting point' but not the end product which are championship days. In our case not a winning championship day!

we will move on from this but just feeling somewhat ultra sensitive at the moment
  :-\ 

Big Mickey

Quote from: healypark on September 15, 2009, 12:39:32 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on September 15, 2009, 12:12:39 PM
noted a few comments in people understanding our frustrations with that decision which was a major turning point. at that stage we were 4 points up. Ardboe totally dominated after. as for ec unique we are not bad losers (& don’t believe the c**k & bull us looking for a replay). we are not a club to cry foul. its just in this instance we feel / haunted by a scandalous decision. im sure om would be aggrieved in the same way if it was the other way round.

as for randomask or whatever he's called - lads dont get worked up and tar all of us with the one brush. i would prefer to listing a forthcoming semi final fixture rather than a recent list of underage achievements. agree with om ‘potential is a great starting point’ but not the end product which are championship days. In our case not a winning championship day!

we will move on from this but just feeling somewhat ultra sensitive at the moment
  :-\ 

agree totally.there is no way we are looking for a replay, no-one in the club would want or even allow that so it must just be a wind up. and as for listing underage success, great yes and hopefully it will come good at senior level.

someone pointed out, that yes two years ago we were in a relegation playoff, but we'r working hard to turn it around and so far we'r going in the right direction but we'r not stupid we know we have a long way to go yet (doesnt mean we'r not gona get there though;) ) result at the weekend although short term...painful, sickening whatever, we'l get over it, learn from it.

honestly hope arboe go on to win it, great forward line, dubious defence alright but the way they play with pulling alot of men back, closing down the space compensates for this. should be too good for killyclogher anyway but i could be wrong,its happened before you know ;)

redhandloo

Have watched the incident a few times now and it looks pretty bad.  Doesn't look that McConville lifted his elbow though.  I think the size difference between the two players could explain a lot of it.  McPeake seems to come into contact with the Ardboe player's shoulder.  Don't really think that there any intent in it.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

mick999

I see that Jerome has 9  more videos up of the weekend's action:

http://vimeo.com/user1785268/videos/sort:date

Big Mickey

Quote from: redhandloo on September 15, 2009, 01:47:59 PM
Have watched the incident a few times now and it looks pretty bad.  Doesn't look that McConville lifted his elbow though.  I think the size difference between the two players could explain a lot of it.  McPeake seems to come into contact with the Ardboe player's shoulder.  Don't really think that there any intent in it.

yea mcconville is a big man and dont think he went to hurt mcpeake but its still a blatent free cos he just stepped straight into him and shouldered him on the face/chest when he was tackling him. dont know what the ref was thinking not blowing.said my piece on it, dont wana talk about the ref again!talk about something else like the weather or something, women anything  cept the ref  ;)

Archie Mitchell

Thought Ardboe were lucky that he wasn't blown, but from where I seen it, looked more like Big John caught the ball, and your man went into him. Anyway, the ref had a good view and obv felt the same as let play go on. He gave Omagh a dubious free in the buildup to the 2nd goal and also booked an Ardboe player for a hard shoulder on Justy at end of 1st half. Ah well, the decisions even themselves out over the course of a season. 

LeoMc

Quote from: Big Mickey on September 15, 2009, 01:57:08 PM

yea mcconville is a big man and dont think he went to hurt mcpeake but its still a blatent free cos he just stepped straight into him and shouldered him on the face/chest when he was tackling him. dont know what the ref was thinking not blowing.said my piece on it, dont wana talk about the ref again!talk about something else like the weather or something, women anything  cept the ref  ;)

Now I haven't seen the clips yet but the descriptions I am now hearing are sounding a bit more like my memory of what happened. A lot of people claimed an elbow at the time but to me it looked like McPeake run into McConvilles shoulder. If it had been an elbow at that speed he would not have got up.

I would have made an argument at the time that McConville raised the Shoulder to protect himself from a player running at him but "shoulder to face" as opposed to "face to shoulder" would be considered a shoulder charge and should have been a free out.
The interpretation of what happened would come down to the direction the 2 players were travelling in.

Big Mickey

Quote from: LeoMc on September 15, 2009, 02:13:46 PM

Now I haven't seen the clips yet but the descriptions I am now hearing are sounding a bit more like my memory of what happened. A lot of people claimed an elbow at the time but to me it looked like McPeake run into McConvilles shoulder. If it had been an elbow at that speed he would not have got up.

I would have made an argument at the time that McConville raised the Shoulder to protect himself from a player running at him but "shoulder to face" as opposed to "face to shoulder" would be considered a shoulder charge and should have been a free out.
The interpretation of what happened would come down to the direction the 2 players were travelling in.

very true. to be fair mcpeake was running towards mcconville to tackle him but in my opinion, mcconville had caught the ball and stepped into mcpeake with the shoulder and caught him square on the face. cant see any elbow but mcpeake still ended up with a broken nose (couldve been earlier hit that broke it cos he was down a few times but not sure). i would say a definite free but not dirty in any way. others may see it differently (and probably will) :)

Tommo2

What is the view of the senior championship now. Ardboe or Carmen favourites??

Would expect Dromore to beat Errigal without 2 Hartes.

Dromore v Carmen would be a humdinger. Very hard to call, but would go for Carmen.

Can't see past Ardboe in the other semi.

That leaves a Carmen v Ardboe final - Carmen to win. Just too experienced and battlehardened.

tyrone86

Quote from: Big Mickey on September 15, 2009, 02:31:44 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 15, 2009, 02:13:46 PM

very true. to be fair mcpeake was running towards mcconville to tackle him but in my opinion, mcconville had caught the ball and stepped into mcpeake with the shoulder and caught him square on the face. cant see any elbow but mcpeake still ended up with a broken nose (couldve been earlier hit that broke it cos he was down a few times but not sure). i would say a definite free but not dirty in any way. others may see it differently (and probably will) :)

That's the way I'd have saw it, McConville turned back to nail McPeake to make sure he was going to get the ball away without much pressure. Cynical perhaps, but not dirty.

I can't believe they haven't included Wylie's point in the second half in the clips - that was some score!

carol6

Just to point out Jerome wasn't anywhere near Pomeroy on Saturday nor Omagh on Friday night. All those highlights and interviews from those four games came from Kieran Mc Mullan on camera and Gerard Jet "we won the lottery" Tracey on the mike. Saturday's game was tough on Omagh but I still feel they are in with a great chance of winning the league. Put the Ardboe game down to experience and learn from it.