Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viiv

How many games have been played when scores look dubious or questionable? If they were all appealed there would be no end.

Aaron Boone

A local derby against Killyclogher if they get it.

DCR

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 14, 2009, 07:13:54 PM
Omagh have now lost to Ardboe twice this year; they were also beaten by Killyclogher; they have won 8/14 League games and 1match in the Championship - not really earthshattering stuff.
Fans need to face the facts and not loose the run of themselves.

tyssam5

Quote from: ziggysego on September 14, 2009, 06:00:43 PM
Jerome said yesterday that there would be jock highlights up today and he would spend the rest of the week editing the footage, with more of the individual games shown. Give the man a break, a one man show trying to get 8 games videoed, edited and uploaded himself!

Fair enough it is a lot of work alright.

randomtask

Quote from: DCR on September 14, 2009, 08:29:21 PM
Omagh have now lost to Ardboe twice this year; they were also beaten by Killyclogher; they have won 8/14 League games and 1match in the Championship - not really earthshattering stuff.

whats facts are these you are talking about, that over the last three years there has been a noticeable improvement in our seniors. and also there is a massive tide of younger players that are now making the step up to senior footballer ceelan mc crossan, shane oneill, barry tierney, ronan o neill, darren bradley and conan grugan to name a few,we are also showing that the transition from youth to senior is successful i.e we are in under 21 championship final, which hopefully we will win other successes in the last four years include:

3x under 14 championships
2x under 14 league
3x under 16 championships
1x under 16 league
2x minor leagues
1x minor championships

also we have 3 tyrone seniors, 2 tyrone under 21's, 5 tyrone minors. and 9 players who play mc kenna cup football, so i can safely say that we are not loosing the run of ourselves because the fact is we have a very useful senior team, which will improve significantly every year and learn from this hard unfortunate defeat, and the season isn't over for the seniors we have the semi finals of the league and league cup, so we could still lift silver ware this season. rant over!

EC Unique

Quote from: randomtask on September 14, 2009, 11:21:03 PM

whats facts are these you are talking about, that over the last three years there has been a noticeable improvement in our seniors. and also there is a massive tide of younger players that are now making the step up to senior footballer ceelan mc crossan, shane oneill, barry tierney, ronan o neill, darren bradley and conan grugan to name a few,we are also showing that the transition from youth to senior is successful i.e we are in under 21 championship final, which hopefully we will win other successes in the last four years include:

2x under 14 league
1x under 16 league
2x minor leagues
1x minor championships

also we have 3 tyrone seniors, 2 tyrone under 21's, 5 tyrone minors. and 9 players who play mc kenna cup football, so i can safely say that we are not loosing the run of ourselves because the fact is we have a very useful senior team, which will improve significantly every year and learn from this hard unfortunate defeat, and the season isn't over for the seniors we have the semi finals of the league and league cup, so we could still lift silver ware this season. rant over!

RT I could come up with a long list of our recent success which I am sure would be equally impressive as that if not more but I can assure you if Dromore beat us next Saturday I will not feel like typing it out next week. Get over your defeat and move on FFS.

Drumanee 1

ec you made remarks on the derry board yesterday,can i ask you a question?how did your club come about?

see top of page 1518 of the derry page

DCR

2x under 14 league
1x under 16 league
2x minor leagues
1x minor championships

I am sorry to annoy you but your Senior Team results this year point to an "average" Senior Team - no more - no less. That's a fact.

orangeman

2x under 14 league
1x under 16 league
2x minor leagues
1x minor championships

There's no doubting the huge potential that exists within the Omagh club. It's a massive club with an enviable record of underage achievements particularly in the last 10 years. Omagh are now fielding A and B teams at underage. That's how strong they are. This is at a time when rural clubs are barely able to field at all grades.

Potential is a great starting point. Consistency is needed. Don't forget there were posters from Trillick on here a couple of years ago giving out that a certain referee gave all of the decisions to Omagh on the occasion of the relegation / promotion play off that year. A lot of the Omagh players got on the plane that year and went to different parts of the world it has to be said in Omagh's defence.

Maybe the reffing decisions even themselves out over time ? Maybe not.

Final Whistle

Quote from: redcard on September 14, 2009, 04:56:14 PM
Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2007, 10:08:59 PM
That Mickey Hughes just loves himself - he banished Pillar Caffrey to the stands today in Croke Park, inspeted the pitch at Casement and had still time to send off 4 players at Galbally this evening - it's time this man caught himself on and quit refereeing - he should take a course in being in love with oneself - he'd be doing him and the rest of us a service - otherwise - he should be charged with briniging the game into disrepute -
Quote from: orangeman on September 14, 2009, 03:27:02 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on September 14, 2009, 02:54:56 PM
Wylie exposed the Moy in 1st round, we didnt have our tighest marking defender to stick with him. 

That and Sludden gave us nothing of course......... ::) ::) ::)

Was any of the County Contingent assaulted at the weekend or did Forbes stay at home??? :D :D :D :D :D

Martin would definitley be one of only a handful of refs that can be relied upon to do a good job each time he goes out. Reffing is not an easy job. Picking holes in referees' performances seems to be nearly a full time job. The same critical analysis isn't done on players' performances so it's unfair to do it with refs surely ?.

Thought he did a good job of the Greencastle and Moortown fixture yesterday as well.

people in glass houses...........

Your tone has mellowed Orangeman, will you be retracting your criticism of Hughes with your new found enlightened perspective on life???

tyrone86

Quote from: Final Whistle on September 15, 2009, 11:00:45 AM
Quote from: redcard on September 14, 2009, 04:56:14 PM
Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2007, 10:08:59 PM
That Mickey Hughes just loves himself - he banished Pillar Caffrey to the stands today in Croke Park, inspeted the pitch at Casement and had still time to send off 4 players at Galbally this evening - it's time this man caught himself on and quit refereeing - he should take a course in being in love with oneself - he'd be doing him and the rest of us a service - otherwise - he should be charged with briniging the game into disrepute -
Quote from: orangeman on September 14, 2009, 03:27:02 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on September 14, 2009, 02:54:56 PM
Wylie exposed the Moy in 1st round, we didnt have our tighest marking defender to stick with him. 

That and Sludden gave us nothing of course......... ::) ::) ::)

Was any of the County Contingent assaulted at the weekend or did Forbes stay at home??? :D :D :D :D :D

Martin would definitley be one of only a handful of refs that can be relied upon to do a good job each time he goes out. Reffing is not an easy job. Picking holes in referees' performances seems to be nearly a full time job. The same critical analysis isn't done on players' performances so it's unfair to do it with refs surely ?.

Thought he did a good job of the Greencastle and Moortown fixture yesterday as well.

people in glass houses...........

Your tone has mellowed Orangeman, will you be retracting your criticism of Hughes with your new found enlightened perspective on life???

:D

It's easy to be righteous about slagging referees when the one in question has done nothing on you in the past.

amigo

I was just watching a few clips of the Ardboe V Omagh game on the tyrone website there!! My god how did Omagh not get a free in the lead up to Ardboes goal in the second half!! Big McConville nearly took the omagh man's head off with a shoulder straight up the mouth!! It was a straight red offence never mind a free!!
What was your take on it orangeman?? Have a look at it there if you want!!

Tommo2

McConvilles challenge on McPeake was horrific. Can't believe the ref let that go. In another clip, he also seemed to become involved with Jusin McMahon. Seemed to be preventing him from getting up and then making a run. Has McConville got a poor disciplinary record or was this just a one-off!

Final Whistle

Quote from: amigo on September 14, 2009, 04:11:00 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on September 14, 2009, 03:33:41 PM
Lets just say that Sluddens refereeing style definitely suits the Loughshore teams style of footballl!!!! ;) ;) ;)

I agree you loughshore boys are too rough for all of our wee teams  :'( :'(

omagh_gael

Can't believe the ref let that one go indeed, was a full frontal charge! Ref had a perfect view as well, young mc guigan finished well tho, couple of nice points too. Great job done by Jerome, fair play