Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 21, 2007, 03:47:04 PM
Any truth that the thirds will be copying the Donaghmore jersey?

The Errigal reserve Jersey from last year will prob be used and it is similar to the d-more Jersey. 42 at thirds training last week. Another 45 train on senior and reserve panel. Might field a reserve team in division 3. ;D

phpearse

That's a massive turn out at training. But don't forget Errigal is a parish of 4 chapels and 4 primary schools. Should the monolopies commission not move in here and break up this massive business  ;) Just thinking of our own parish where we have Galbally and Donaghmore in the one parish, each with its own primary school, chapel and senior football clubs. Probably the strongest parish in Tyrone, eh RRHF. Carrickmore and Loughmacrory in the Termonmaguirc parish (Creggan as well). Does anyone know of any other parishes with a pick as strong as Errigal, with 3-4 primary schools to choose from?

ONeill

Clonoe Parish has 4 primary schools - but also four teams.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hereiam

I doubt changes are on the horzion. Alot of these schools now do not have the numbers to keep them open so u will see alot of them joining into one school to serve the whole parish. This will surly affect numbers in the coming years in local clubs. I blame durex. ;D

EC Unique

I would be interested in seeing the breakdown of populations or club memberships before Errigal is accused of having too many to choose from. I suspect that we are not the biggest!  The large numbers at training is more down to the massive enthusiasm within the club that success breeds. I think that our underage teams have similar numbers turning out as other large clubs, we just have less players giving up at the 18-19-20 age and now these players will get more chance to play competitive football. ;)

realredhandfan

The Donaghmore and Galbally clubs indeed are both flourishing in division 1a this year, a credit to all involved.  As for Errigal, I think if Donaghmore and Galbally joined up they would be winning championships without the same blowing from their supporters.  Sometimes I ask the Carmen people how do they listen to their neighbours and they answer .....we dont!!!.   :P  As for the decline in the rural poulation I dont think either Dmore or Galbally can use that as an excuse, - the randiest parish in Tyrone seems to be 'bucking' the trend.   ;)

EC Unique

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 22, 2007, 09:35:27 AM
I think if Donaghmore and Galbally joined up they would be winning championships

:o :o :D :D :-\ :-\  Nothing like a good laugh in the morning..   Name the wonder team that would win championships ??? ???

realredhandfan

Well I think we all know that only 3 teams have been consistently winning the O Neill cup over the last 15 years.  Carrickmore, Ballygawley and Glencull.  :-*

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Bensars

Quote from: EC Unique on March 22, 2007, 09:25:04 AM
I would be interested in seeing the breakdown of populations or club memberships before Errigal is accused of having too many to choose from. I suspect that we are not the biggest!  The large numbers at training is more down to the massive enthusiasm within the club that success breeds. I think that our underage teams have similar numbers turning out as other large clubs, we just have less players giving up at the 18-19-20 age and now these players will get more chance to play competitive football. ;)

Taken from a previous post

QuoteStarted by Gabriel_Hurl, Message by Norf TyroneRelevance: 23.6%
The same but in order:

An Gallbhaile 624
Trí Leac 540
Aireagal Chiaráin 501
An Charraig Mhór 475
Droim Ratha 460
An Droim Mhór 451
An Ómaigh 450
Cabhán a'Chaoirtainn 443
An Srath Bán 430
An Mhaigh 417
Coill an Chlochair 390
Oileán a'Ghuail 380
Clann na nGael 370
Doire Locháin 368
An Chorra Chríochach 359
Cill Íseal 359
Éadán na dTorc 352
Dún Geanainn 350
Achadh Uí Aráin 330
Loch Mhic Ruairí 320
Ard Bó 320
Domhnach Mór 320
Baile na Móna 310
An Goirtín 300
An Caisleán Glas 300
An Eaglais 300
An Taite Riabhach 300
Eochar 300
Eascair 290
An Chraobh 281
Cill Dhreasa 276
An Bruach Áille 275
Cluain Eo 272
Achadh Lú 270
An Bearach 266
Gleann Éallaigh 260
An Brocach 258
Doire Treasc 254
An Charraig 251
Droim Caoin 250
E. R. Uí Néill 250
An Baile Nua 230
Fionntamhnach 217
Caisleán na Deirge 214
An Clochar 195
Urnaí 190
Cill na mBán 164
An Deargais 173

Observations:
* Is it just a statistical oddity that there are 5 teams with exactly 300 members.
* I am sure Loughmacrory had the smallest membership the last few years, what's changed?
* Drumragh's membership is higher than I imagined.
* What the hell do Galbally do with all their members!!  

]

realredhandfan

how many clubs register their kids though in an effort to get more all ireland tickets.  Does this distort the figure as some have over 18s regsitered and some have the kids registered as full members. Im not sayinmg anythings underhand Im just sying different clubs may use diffrent systems.

EC Unique

I think the above stats go a long way in proving my point. As for the Glencull thing, it is a worn out argument that a townland that was never a club on its own joined Errigal. It was a part of Ballygawley club and is a part of Errigal club, as are a lot of other townlands.  :-*

realredhandfan

see point above your point before you use these stats to back your point up please.  BTW what makes you unique?

snappiered

Are many going down to Limerick for the game on Sunday. Im thinking of heading down Sunday morning and coming up again that evening. How long it take?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: snappiered on March 22, 2007, 11:35:43 AM
Are many going down to Limerick for the game on Sunday. Im thinking of heading down Sunday morning and coming up again that evening. How long it take?

Depends whereabouts you are in the county, try: http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp?database=I
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...