Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClosetotheHarte

A truly fantastic result for Greencastle and their result was greeted with a huge roar at Healy Park, where the story was a very different one for Tyrone.
I'm so thrilled for the Greencastle people and just don't know how they're going to get back down to earth in time for the new season.
Does anybody know anything about their game?
PS. Congratulations Ziggy - I don't think anybody on this board would begrudge you this result.

Norf Tyrone

Anyone know is the Greencastle squad coming home tonight, or the moro?

Might be good craic up there the moro!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ClosetotheHarte

Think they're home tomorrow. Imagine the party atmosphere up there for the next few weeks!

down22

Congrats Ziggy. Enjoy the celebrations!

KIDDO

They are expected home at 3pm ,Sunday.

bigpaul

A mighty achievement Greencastle. I have always believed that the Kerry teams were graded miles above the teams from any other county. Greencastle's victory is therefore miles ahead of the rest!!!!

realredhandfan

Unbelievable stuff.  What a day for Greencastle.  What a day for Tyrone football as we have now made an all Ireland club breakthrough, domination to follow. ;)
Lets hope that fresh hard working clubs like Greencastle can lead the way for fresh effort and impetus from all other clubs and we can win on the national stage more often in the future. 

ziggysego

Well guys and gals, I'm home and my head is throbbing!! Totally worth it. I still can't get used to saying "Greencastle - All Ireland Champions". The Greencastle lads are having a meal in the hall, but rest assured I'll be heading back up.

The game last night had everything. True to form, Greencastle went in at half time down. When they came out.. well it was the Greencastle team I've been boasting about.

Danny McDermott was substituted 20mins into the half time and he kicked started the come back. Damien Hagan was outstanding and to my knowledge he received MoM. Both of these players are young. Congratulations.

I'm sure you'll forgive me for being too hyped to give a report of the game, but that shall come in the days a head.

A credit to the players and backroom team, they've done the local community proud. Now we've won, they are already talking about their next game with Moortown in three weeks time!

Testing Accessibility

loughshore lad

Congratulations to Greencastle, fantastic achievement

Bensars

Well done Greencastle, brilliant result. Having played in  greencastle many times, it fantastic to see a small club getting recognition for this great achievement.

Enjoy Eddies over thje next few days lads.

Well done ziggy, look forward to the photos

Hereiam

Make no mistake lads Eriggal Ciaran will be out to win whatever they can. Dont know what short of quailty they will have at their disposal but I'm sure they will be no push over. Should be an interesting year for them.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Hereiam on March 12, 2007, 12:49:30 PM
Make no mistake lads Eriggal Ciaran will be out to win whatever they can. Dont know what short of quailty they will have at their disposal but I'm sure they will be no push over. Should be an interesting year for them.

Who is managing Errigal this season?

Bensars

would that be the seniors, reserves or the thrids ??

realredhandfan

anybody have a report of the Carmen Bellaghy friendly yesterday?

Over the Bar

QuoteWho is managing Errigal this season?

Cathal McAnenly.  I heard how much O'Rourke allegedly wanted to stay on and almost choked on me paris-bun!