Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO 4

Nally Heritage Centre' Pairc Colmcille Carrickmore
18 March 2009

Sunday 22nd March sees the culmination of 5 years work as the final phase of the Nally Stand project at Pairc Colmcille Carrickmore, the 'Nally Heritage Centre', is officially opened by President of the GAA, Nicky Brennan.

As has been well documented the Nally Stand having been demolished in Croke park by Mc Callan Brothers was re-erected at Pairc Colmcille the famous home of Tyrone kingpins An Charráig Mhór. Since that a fully equipped gym has been incorporated into the complex and now an exhibition centre sees the project reach its conclusion. The Nally Heritage Centre is a joint enterprise which saw the committee of An Charráig Mhór CLG work in conjuction with the Termonmaguirc Historical Society. The two groups working closely together have succeeded in creating an exceptional centre of knowledge with the assistance of additional funding from the Lottery Heritage Fund.

The key exhibitions in the centre include one to the sporting and political life of P.W. Nally after which the stand and heritage centre take their names. Another display is a tribute to the sporting achievements associatd with the club since its inception in 1932. This incompasses a detailed decade by decade exhibition on the fortunes of An Charráig Mhór GFC supplemented by exhibitions on hurling, handball, camogie and boxing. A display on the 'Social Life of the People' examines the impact of education, the churches and entertainment on the lives of the people in the parish.

'Making a Living' looks closely at the development and demise of the Great Northern railway, farming as well as industry both in the home and in larger scale most noteably the quarry at the 'foot of the rock'. "Townlands of Termonmagurk" provides visitors with an insight into the famous places and place names of the parish. It also explores pictures, maps and the geographical history of the area. A display is dedicated to the lives of two of the most noteable sons of the parish, Joseph Mc Garrity and Dr Patrick Mc Cartan who had a profound impact on both the national and international political scene of the early 20th century.

A large crowd is expected to attend this great day for the parish with the Chairman of An Charraig Mhór, Mick Daly, welcoming President of the GAA, Nicky Brennan,Tom Daly, the Ulster President and County Chairman Pat Darcy. Members of the lottery Heritage Fund team will also be present at the event. The ceremony begins at 2:00pm. Refreshments will be served afterwards. After the opening the heritage centre will be open to the general public who can take the opportunity to examine the vast aray of artifacts on display.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 18, 2009, 07:19:47 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 18, 2009, 05:44:16 PM
Is Q101 covering the game tonight?
what game is on 2nite? Sent from my blackberry wireless mobile
don't talk sh*te dd12, as if you can use a blackberry :-*
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rois

For the interest of any Belfast-based Tyronies, Club Tyrone are hosting a ceili on Thurs 14 May in the Wellington Park.

Sam Maguire will be there - perfect opportunity for a photo!

It isn't for Club Tyrone members specifically either - everyone is welcome but admission is by ticket only as it's expected Sam will draw a crowd.

More details to follow but if anyone's interested, PM me.

billy the kid

hi there folks could someone be kind enough to post directions to TATTYREAGH (not sure of spelling) football field from Omagh.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

billy the kid

greencastle - Omagh - Tattreagh
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

orangeman

Clubs should be gearing up nicely for the start of the league in 2 weeks time  - the countdown is one - as usual we can expect some great matches on the opening day of the season - Errigal and Dromore was a clinker last year on the first day out.

Anyone got the whole fixtures - Donaghmore and Galbally was played on the Saturday last year. Will it be the same this year ?

longball

Was just chatitng to a couple of ones last week about the rules to do with the championship. is it true that if u get sent off in the championship you miss the next championship game whenever that may be? They were saying this happened carrickmore ones that they missed last years first round VS lochmacrory for being sent off in championship the year previous! can anyone clear this up?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 23, 2009, 03:13:07 PM
Quote from: longball on March 23, 2009, 03:09:16 PM
Was just chatitng to a couple of ones last week about the rules to do with the championship. is it true that if u get sent off in the championship you miss the next championship game whenever that may be? They were saying this happened carrickmore ones that they missed last years first round VS lochmacrory for being sent off in championship the year previous! can anyone clear this up?
I believe that is the case. My understanding is that if you get a straight red card in a competition you will miss at least one game regardless of the length of the suspension, and if the next game is the following year then it applies to that competition, even if its a different grade.
Yip. Can confirm that is how I understand it too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

how come ryan mellon got red carded in the moy's S.F.C defeat to kildress in 2007 but played in the 2008 I.F.C first round game against Moortown?

Final Whistle

Mellon's suspension didn't apply for that against kildress. Ref was making a name for himself!!

In truth iv seen lots of players sent off and playing the next round. This rule was meant to be enforced three years ago but iv seen no one obey it!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: clarshack on March 24, 2009, 09:54:28 AM
how come ryan mellon got red carded in the moy's S.F.C defeat to kildress in 2007 but played in the 2008 I.F.C first round game against Moortown?
Double yellow maybe?

Norf Tyrone

Does anyone know what time the games on Easter Tuesday will throw in?

Final Whistle

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 24, 2009, 12:36:03 PM
Quote from: clarshack on March 24, 2009, 09:54:28 AM
Double yellow maybe?

Definitely straight red. its an area that needs clarification.

WeeDonns

QuoteDoes anyone know what time the games on Easter Tuesday will throw in?

What all dates for league/championship have been confirmed?

bigfrank

3 changes for sat:

J Curran, PJ Quinn, C Gormley, C McCarron, D Harte, S O'Neill, P Jordan, K Hughes, R Mellon, C Cavanagh, A Cassidy, T McGuigan, C McCullagh, S Cavanagh, O Mulligan.