Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Another thing about yesterday's disgracefull scenes that I forgot to mention is that the dromore keeper, Ward, ran half the pitch 
to start the row that has taken the shine off what should be remembered as a great day for Clonoe. I would encourage the county board to come down hard on him as he is an up-start who always comes running out of his goals to get in a sneaky dig. A coward of
the first degree >:(  Shame on Dromore..

ziggysego

Congratulations to Clonoe on winning the Tyrone Championship yesterday. Thrilling game of football, that could have went either way. The tough games against Carmen, Errigal and Donaghmore stood them well for the final and give them at little bit extra in the dying minutes of extra time.

Enjoy your success and I wish you all the very best in the Ulster Championship, all of Tyrone are supporting you.
Testing Accessibility

Tommo2

Are there any club fixtures in Div 1 this weekend?

orangeman

Donaghmore and Cookstown is on Saturday and Dromore v Ardboe on Sunday.

Tommo2

Is that the only fixtures for the weekend Orangemen?

ziggysego

Greencastle v Gortin is this weekend too. Should be interesting.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: Tommo2 on October 27, 2008, 03:45:37 PM
Is that the only fixtures for the weekend Orangemen?

FULL LIST

SATURDAY 1 Nov 2pm (ET IF NECESSARY)

SHOULD ANY OF THESE GAMES NOT GO AHEAD SATURDAY DUE TO WEATHER THEY WILL BE REFIXED SUNDAY 12PM
U21 Grade 1 K/O Q/Fs

Errigal Ciaran v An Charrig Mhor               

Coalisland v Killyclogher

ACL Div 1 Round 12 – senior only ; SHOULD ANY OF THESE GAMES NOT GO AHEAD SATURDAY DUE TO WEATHER THEY WILL BE REFIXED SUNDAY 12PM

Cookstown v Donaghmore

ACL Div 2 Round 12

Gortin v Greencastle

ACL Div 2 Round 13

Moortown v Eskra

Stewartstown v Clann na nGael

ACL Div 2 Round 11 senior and reserve 1:30PM AND 3PM

Rock v Trillick

SUNDAY 2 NOV 12PM

ACL Div 1 Round 12

Dromore v Ardboe

ACL Div 2 Round 11

Killeeshill v Edendork

ACL Div 2 Round 13

Pomeroy v Dungannon

ACL Div 2 Round 15

Tattyreagh v Derrylaughan

Newbridge Exile

Congratulations to all involved from Clonoe,I have a lot of good friends from the parish and that along with McGinns actions had me roaring at a TV set as passionately as I can remember during a game of football

BennyHarp

Has anyone got the current ACL Div 2 table?
That was never a square ball!!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

BennyHarp

Got it, Cheers Ziggy! Doesnt make pleasant reading tho!  :-\
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

24 hours after the dust has settled, let me congratulate the Rahillys, a proud club who beat all in front of them en route to a historic and memorable victory - nobody should let the incidents at full time to get in the way of a remarkable victory for Clonoe - credit to John Morrison who obviously laid a good foundation for Damien Cassidy who all Clonoe people say, has instilled a self belief into this group of players, which was more than evident yesterday.

Commiserations to a galant Dromore side, who gave us a lesson the previous week in the semi final, and maybe this was part of their undoing in that they didn't get a good test.

The sending off really hurt Dromore as Clonoe exploited the 14 men. No team does this better and I thought Mc Cann was superb in defence and attack.

There were a lot of big performances on both sides - Dromore's defence is as good a unit as there is out there, particularly the full back line.

But the winner takes it all and on this occasion, it's Clonoe. Clonoe are a breath of fresh air and it's good to see a local team in the winners enclosure.

But Dromore will be back, of that there's no doubt.

With regard to the incidents at half time, I'd say that after the TV pictures and media coverage, both clubs can expect sanctions, some of which will be very lengthy.

The Tyrone board have a habit of handing out 48 week bans and given the high profile nature of the match and the coverage, I'd be very surprised if 48 week bans ( at least ) aren't handed down.

Paul Devlin got 96 weeks for an indiscretion in the Derry decider. 

The full time incidents marred what was otherwise a very tough contest - it was by no means a classic but credit to both teams for giving their all in extremely difficult conditions.

Final Whistle

another witch hunt on the hoganstand website underway!

i dont think it has much time left, and i for one will certainly not be viewing it again.
congrats to clonoe, worthy champions, well done also to dromore who have been there or there abouts in tyrone this last 5 years.

im starting to think cassidy could make a team out of the derry pre-madonnas!!! :o

Puckoon

Orange man - as a St Endas exile - give us your views on the minor final?

orangeman

Quote from: Puckoon on October 27, 2008, 05:32:33 PM
Orange man - as a St Endas exile - give us your views on the minor final?

The minor match was an absolute thriller.

I thought both teams were very positive and gave it all. Omagh would have shaded the first half and in truth could have been a lot further ahead at half time. There was a bit of uneceesary sledging of young Coney by an Omagh official which seemed to inspire our team on the restart. Ardboe upped their work rate and camped in the Omagh half for a good part of the second half culminating in a 3 point lead with around 5 to go. Unfortunately it seemed, we tried to defend this lead instead of building on it. In fact but for a bit of poor shooting on our part, we'd have won.

But credit to Omagh whose big players all stood up near the end and reduced the deficit to a point before young O'Neill held his nerve and showed a couple of great pieces of individual skill and a lot of bottle to stick over the equaliser.

A drwa was in my opinion a fair enough result in a game that was played in a very competitive way. I was very surprised and extremely disappointed by the sledging of our player by a highly respected Omagh official. But we all make mistakes and I'd say, he realises today that he made one.

Replay next Saturday in Galbally at 2.30.

Omagh pitch was not fit for 2 games yesterday by the way. It was cut up badly after the minor match.