Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Good to hear about the good performances from these new guys?

Were any of the college lads playing this time?
I read on Friday Tyrone agreed not to play them any more in the McKenna cup?

Was at a party with a few Down lads and I was making the point that it would be hard on the 4 lads if they didnt make the panel just for the benefit of their college and then later in the year Tyrone happened to win the AI.

They would be devasted if they missed out on an AI medal just because of some silly rule to benefit their university who have no realistic hope of winning the McKenna cup anyway.

Just because they might make the panel next year would be of no consolation as AI winning teams don't come along too often and you gotta make the most of the squad you currently have.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 22, 2007, 09:21:08 AM
Havent seen Rouse play, hes from brackaville?  What height is he?

Don't know what height he is Nrico but for the benefit of Dublin, Kerry and indeed any other county I believe the people either side of him are at least 6 feet.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 22, 2007, 07:40:49 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 22, 2007, 09:21:08 AM
Havent seen Rouse play, hes from brackaville?  What height is he?

Don't know what height he is Nrico but for the benefit of Dublin, Kerry and indeed any other county I believe the people either side of him are at least 6 feet.

Thats Dermot Gormley from Carrickmore on the right and hes 5 FT nothin!!!!!!! :P

never kickt a ball

Thats Dermot Gormley from Carrickmore on the right and hes 5 FT nothin!!!!!!!

(Fr. Gerry Cairns (Tallest priest in Ireland), Third Level Officers Paul Rouse and Gary Mallon) Bit wide of the mark there Carmen.

Carmen Stateside

Sorry bout that nkab!!  8) Jesus hes the pure double!! By the way played against Rouse and he is a big lad and a very good player, good to see him getting a run!

Norf Tyrone

Why is rouse kneeling down in that pic?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 22, 2007, 11:07:38 PM
Why is rouse kneeling down in that pic?

Not only that Norf, the other two are standing on chairs!

goal and a point

How many of these new boys do we think will make the panel - will some of the regulars will have to disappear to make way, harte may go with 35 now but when comes to championship you only have 30, surely there will be no more than 5 new faces

realredhandfan

I have a problem with this photograph, why didnt they let Keiren Donaghy stand in front of these guys, hes been completely blocked out.  

realredhandfan

goal and a point.  It cant work like that this year.  The benefit of hindsight has been a great thing.  Last year our wider panel couldnt take us into the business end of the championship.  The last 10 of that panel at least must be in serious trouble of retaining their places.   

ClosetotheHarte

This will be the toughest job MH has had in picking a League panel since he took over. It's refreshing and exciting to see so many new players pushing for places in the final panel, more than in any season before. Last year our panel was pushed beyond its limits with injuries but this year we look to have a serious amount of good back up players (and some first team challengers) pushing to get in. The players numbered 20 to 30 this year should be a lot stronger than last year.
Some very decent young players are going to lose out when MH cuts his McKenna panel. The team will still have the same backbone as before but the experienced men are going to have more hungry young players bursting a gut to take their places off them than they've had before.
realredhandfan, as you say, there could be as many as ten of last year's panel in danger of being replaced. This new competition can only be good for Tyrone and I'm sure most of us on here could even name another twenty men from around the County who also wouldn't be far away.

Over the Bar

There might well be a shock or two in store for some for the established panellists.

realredhandfan

Thats tough on some very loyal servants, but Mickey has the power at his fingertips to win maybe another 1 or 2 sams, If I was him Id keep an open  panel of 35 training throughout the year.  This means no 30 works just as hard as no 3 for his place.  I believe we were very badly caught out last year and our panel was exposed, even with the injuries Tyrone should have made the last 16 of the championship at least.  Another thing that is a measure of how far Tyrone has come, In 2002 if you were sitting on The Tyrone bench, ye grumbled complained etc.  now to even make the first 30 of that Tyrone panel would be an honour for any footballer.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: realredhandfan on January 23, 2007, 09:56:14 AM
I have a problem with this photograph, why didnt they let Keiren Donaghy stand in front of these guys, hes been completely blocked out.  
They only had two chairs RRHF!

realredhandfan

The message is if you want to play a big mans game, we've got the big man.  Rousey and Ricey are coming.