Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO 4

Cookstown and Killyclogher drew1.10 each in  the senior league tonight in Cookstown.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

na cleirigh

what about this for a twist in the dooher story- heard this evenin that dooher and mickey harte rang the young fella who was allegedly kicked by dooher, ciaran gervin from derrylaughan and a county minor, and pleaded with him to help clear doohers card by saying the kick was accidental. For the 'greater good'. If this is true then what kind of lesson is this for our future footballers and a shocking amount of pressure to put on a 17 year old lad
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

ONeill

Quote from: na cleirigh on April 28, 2008, 10:51:41 PM
what about this for a twist in the dooher story- heard this evenin that dooher and mickey harte rang the young fella who was allegedly kicked by dooher, ciaran gervin from derrylaughan and a county minor, and pleaded with him to help clear doohers card by saying the kick was accidental. For the 'greater good'. If this is true then what kind of lesson is this for our future footballers and a shocking amount of pressure to put on a 17 year old lad

Sure how can a player affect the referee's report?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

redcard

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on April 28, 2008, 09:14:37 PM
Dromore minus the injured Ronan Mc Nabb  defeated Killyclogher 0.12, to 0.9  in the first round of the  minor championship tonight in Dromore , with  Conor o Neill 0.4, Stephen Mc Mahon 0.4 ,Niall Slevin 0.1,  Mickey o Neill0.1,  Sean Mc Nabb0.1 and  Shane Mc Nabb 0.1 on target  for the winners , with Brackaville or Dungannon  their quarter final opposition . 
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on April 28, 2008, 09:16:00 PM
Cookstown and Killyclogher drew1.10 each in  the senior league tonight in Cookstown.

A minor team playing a championship match at the same time their seniors play a league game.  ???. Is this not unusual?

Tyrone Dreamer

Considering the unbelievable effort Dooher has put into Tyrone footabll since 1996 I think the least he deserves is for people not to start making judgements on rumours. As I said already there seems to be a lot of talk that the kick was accidental as Dooher tried to free his leg. If it was accidental I dont care how he got off as long as he did because after working his arse of to get back from yet another serious injury then it would be sad to see him stuck on the sidelines once more. If one man in Tyrone deserves a bit of specila treatment (if he was innocent) then its him.

red knight

Quote from: tyroneboi on April 27, 2008, 08:37:12 PM
Must be a big change in the EC III set up this year. Beragh reserves are normally quite strong so thats a bit of a surprise.

Looks like the two tonys are working wonders with the Hill - surely the fianna job is theres in a year or two.

KIDDO 4

Killyclogher were unable to play the senior match on Sat or Sun due to  the Scor in Killarney , that is why the league game was played on Monday night.

KIDDO 4

Quarter Finals    minor championship - Wednesday 21st May 2008
Moortown v  Derrylaughan/ Gortin
Dromore v Brackaville/ Dungannon
Ardboe v Errigal Ciaran/ Cookstown
Omagh/ Donaghmore v Coalisland/ An Charraig Mhór

red knight

The reason EC 3rds r so good this year is because they are playing there 1st team res as there 3rd team this season. think they will not be far away in div 3 this year. an EC man told me on sunday that they hope to get the 3rds out of div 3 this season and this is the way they plan to do it. we totally threw sundays game away just like we did our first game but to be 3 points up with 4 mins go there is really no excuse for us

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: red knight on April 29, 2008, 12:26:17 AM
The reason EC 3rds r so good this year is because they are playing there 1st team res as there 3rd team this season. think they will not be far away in div 3 this year. an EC man told me on sunday that they hope to get the 3rds out of div 3 this season and this is the way they plan to do it. we totally threw sundays game away just like we did our first game but to be 3 points up with 4 mins go there is really no excuse for us

I would've thought they'd do that too, but their reserve side has won all 3 games!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

red knight

yea the 3rd team from last year now play as the 4ths

Zapatista

Quote from: hardstation on April 29, 2008, 01:11:09 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 28, 2008, 11:22:11 PM
As I said already there seems to be a lot of talk that the kick was accidental as Dooher tried to free his leg.
I didn't see the incident and never will but let's be serious, if a referee sees a kick, that makes him dish out a red card, how can the player be "trying to free his leg"? Surely the referee had to see a striking motion i.e his leg was free to allow him to make the striking motion. Please do not play the "he's done so much for Tyrone" card because that just highlights the point that certain players are above the law. Dooher is a great player, for whom I have a lot of respect but it stinks to high heaven if certain players can be let off the hook. We'll never know but I do have my suspicions.....

I agree HS although I would say it would not suggest Dooher holds himself above the law as any player in this situation would do the same. It might suggest that the holier than thou Tyrone GAA (in regard to the grants scheme) do hold some players above the law.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on April 29, 2008, 01:11:09 AM
As I said already there seems to be a lot of talk that the kick was accidental as Dooher tried to free his leg.
I didn't see the incident and never will but let's be serious, if a referee sees a kick, that makes him dish out a red card, how can the player be "trying to free his leg"? Surely the referee had to see a striking motion i.e his leg was free to allow him to make the striking motion. Please do not play the "he's done so much for Tyrone" card because that just highlights the point that certain players are above the law. Dooher is a great player, for whom I have a lot of respect but it stinks to high heaven if certain players can be let off the hook. We'll never know but I do have my suspicions.....

This is why there is a two tier system in Tyrone GAA and probably in other counties as well ( Club Derry spent £ 25,000.00 ) on getting the expert legal services in order to free Paddy Bradley after he had assualted a referee after a Derry club game ) - why should a county player get off with indiscipline - does this mean that from now on, you can simply go and get your opponent to say it was an accident and that the referee was wrong - no referee wants to send a player off and there is pressure on them not to send IC players off in the first instance, so this referee was brave - some would say foolish.

loughshore lad

Considering the unbelievable effort Dooher has put into Tyrone footabll since 1996 I think the least he deserves is for people not to start making judgements on rumours. As I said already there seems to be a lot of talk that the kick was accidental as Dooher tried to free his leg. If it was accidental I dont care how he got off as long as he did because after working his arse of to get back from yet another serious injury then it would be sad to see him stuck on the sidelines once more. If one man in Tyrone deserves a bit of specila treatment (if he was innocent) then its him.

There are a lot of "ifs" in that! The only thing that is certain is that the ref sent Dooher off on a straight red as a result of some type of contact he made with an opposing player. It doesnt matter if it was accidental or not the ref at the time must have deemed it a sending off offence. Why should Dooher get preferrential treatment just because he is the Tyrone captain? Its a poor show alround  in my opinion that he has not had to serve any suspension.