Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Heard last night that Raymond Munroe has gone to Carrickmore

Where from Ziggy ?

ziggysego

A fella from Greencastle. I checked with my Dad this evening and he heard last night too.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Would availability of referees not be a problem ?

clarshack

if a thirds league does come about there should be no silverware. it should only be for a bit of craic.

amigo

Quote from: amigo on January 25, 2008, 12:45:25 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 25, 2008, 12:27:32 PM
Sre cthe cracks starting to appear ? Will the whole thing start top crumble ? Hopefully not - MH and the team deserve more than this.

I am afraid it looks like a slipperry slope orangeman. Take Peter Canavan, Steven O Neill and more than likely Brian McGuigan out of a Tyrone Championship team. Three of the best players in the country over the last ten years or so!!! The only way is down for this team i am sorry to say !!

Boys i am afraid it will not be long to i am proven right!! Things are looking ominous! We need Stevie !!

orangeman

I don't think you'll find too maby people disagreeing with you this morniing Amigo - but where there's life, there's hope and perhaps with Stevie back we can get going again up front.

ziggysego

Could the real reason Stevie has quit the team be because he's getting married in August. That plus the prolonged injury worries means he has a lot on his plate in 2008. I can say with a certain degree of confidence he'll be back. I know he says he won't, but that's because he'll only be harassed as to when. 2009 or 2010 will see Stevie back in the Tyrone colours again.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

I would have to disagree with you Ziggy - IF SON doesn't return this year, I honestly think that's it - over - finished - I hope therefore that in April or May we'll see a return.

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on February 04, 2008, 10:45:20 AM
I hope therefore that in April or May we'll see a return.

Not a chance, he's getting married. The soon-to-be Mrs O'Neill wouldn't hear of it.

I used to go to school with Stevie. The man lived and breathed football.... he'll be back.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

How do you live it and breathe it and then walk away at 27 ?????

EC Unique

Quote from: feetofflames on February 02, 2008, 12:45:53 PM
Listen, in this age when we are talking of burnout etc.  and whilst the Ulster minor league has an element of importance its still school time and its important these guys get the best chance possible with the schools, the Mc Crory cup is much more advanced and a biigger boost for the county if its won than the Ulster minor league.  Last years Ulster title win was based on the schools wins and lets put it like this if a man cant win get a minor team to an all ireland final with  v/s and hogan cup winning teams bolstering his armour then I think he needs to look at his own management ability.  Watch the school lads and if they are good enough they can come in after.  Why not look and take forward fringe members of the squad - give them as much football as possible because the other guys will be getting it anyway.  I think Munroes wrong on this one and Darcy is wrong to back him.  Is he copying the example of Harte and the university lads?  Let him huff I say. Theres undoubtedly a direct correlation between Tyrones wins at school level and ultimately ulster and Ai success at county level minors.  Now the schools traditionally have their success first so who are the real unsung heros here.

If a minor team has ambition to win an all-Ireland should the full squad not be playing together through the league to build team spirit and for the players to get to know each other??  Throwing them together after the school competitions are over is a bit late IMHO and Im sure with a bit of comprimise both parties can be kept happy. An all-Ireland medal is bound to be more important than a schools compeition any day... Is it not? ???

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on February 04, 2008, 11:15:32 AM
How do you live it and breathe it and then walk away at 27 ?????

10 years of constant football and being plagued with injuries. Everyone needs a break.
Testing Accessibility

Dabhog

Stephen O'Neill is getting married in August 2009.