Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Quote from: WT4E on September 06, 2023, 04:06:16 PM
I see eoin mcelhome is being targeted by AFL. Also heard lough won't play him in minors and that's why they are div 2. Must be some talent

he's a super talent, but he's not the typical AFL recruit. Im suprised they have targeted him.

clarshack

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 07, 2023, 10:01:47 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 06, 2023, 11:31:57 PM
Why has he not played for the minors?
Loughmacory decided McElholm and Eoin Donaghy should focus only on Seniors. I believe Loughmacrory are the only club to have gone down this route of not letting players involved with their seniors not play their final year of Minor.

And what happens if Trillick knock them out of the senior championship in 2 weeks time and their senior season is over? I find it very hard to believe they then won't tog out for the minors in Grade 2.

Jerome

Quote from: clarshack on September 07, 2023, 10:54:12 AM
Loughmacory decided McElholm and Eoin Donaghy should focus only on Seniors. I believe Loughmacrory are the only club to have gone down this route of not letting players involved with their seniors not play their final year of Minor.

And what happens if Trillick knock them out of the senior championship in 2 weeks time and their senior season is over? I find it very hard to believe they then won't tog out for the minors in Grade 2.

He is going to Australia the day after the Trillick game- win, lose or draw.

Tyronechampionship

What are the predictions for the first round of the Junior Championship this weekend?

Here are mine:

Cookstown vs Donaghmore
Killyman vs Aghaloo
Drumquin vs Brockagh
Clann na nGael vs Glenelly - Draw
Urney vs Fintona
Castlederg vs Errigal
Derrytresk vs Drumragh
Brackaville vs Eskra

marty34

Bit silly that.

Lads are only 17. They'll have loads of time with the seniors. 15 years plus.

Silly decision.

marty34

Quote from: Tyronechampionship on September 08, 2023, 03:25:36 PM
What are the predictions for the first round of the Junior Championship this weekend?

Here are mine:

Cookstown vs Donaghmore
Killyman vs Aghaloo
Drumquin vs Brockagh
Urney vs Fintona
Castlederg vs Errigal
Derrytresk vs Drumragh
Brackaville vs Eskra

Htf are Cookstown a junior side?

clarshack

Quote from: marty34 on September 08, 2023, 07:14:52 PM
Quote from: Tyronechampionship on September 08, 2023, 03:25:36 PM

Here are mine:

Cookstown vs Donaghmore
Killyman vs Aghaloo
Drumquin vs Brockagh
Urney vs Fintona
Castlederg vs Errigal
Derrytresk vs Drumragh
Brackaville vs Eskra

Htf are Cookstown a junior side?

They've been relegated twice from Intermediate to Junior since 2019 and wouldn't be shocked if they were to get relegated back to Junior again next year as they still seem to be relying on veterans such as Murray, O'Hare and Gilmore. But once that U-16 team they have comes through to Senior they'll likely get back to Division 1 at some stage.

Wildweasel74

No reason the lad couldn't played both like many a lad done. Get more enjoyment playing minor, instead getting the crap kicked out him at Senior.

Jerome

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 08, 2023, 09:42:45 PM
No reason the lad couldn't played both like many a lad done. Get more enjoyment playing minor, instead getting the crap kicked out him at Senior.

Yeah Evan Ferguson should really be playing for Ireland U21s instead of going to play for seniors.

breakingball78

Can guarantee you right now that cookstown team won't win junior championship.

Tyrone11234

clarshack

Cookstown only narrowly beat Fintona and Drumragh at home in the league and if the venue had have been reversed they would have dropped points for sure, so if they were to meet either of those teams later on in the championship it will be close. If the draw is A v B then they will likely play Aghaloo in the 1/4 Finals which would be very tricky for them also.

TabClear

Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2023, 08:16:26 AM
Cookstown only narrowly beat Fintona and Drumragh at home in the league and if the venue had have been reversed they would have dropped points for sure, so if they were to meet either of those teams later on in the championship it will be close. If the draw is A v B then they will likely play Aghaloo in the 1/4 Finals which would be very tricky for them also.

Would agree with that. Drumragh missed an injury time penalty against them that would have given them full points and Fintona will consider themselves unlucky up there as well.

Aghaloo have experience of playing and winning big games so they will be difficult s as well. If they can get their best 15 on the field for the championship they will be hard to beat but I don't think they have the strength in depth of the other contenders. The short turnaround between opening rounds could be an issue for teams if key men pick up injuries