Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

The Grading has been shocking this year. I even include my own club in that as they won the Grade 2 U-14 Og Sport in 2022 and were still Grade 2 U-15 Feile this season (beat Drumragh in the final) especially after gaining 5 players from Donaghmore. That team should have been put in Grade 1.
Brackaville as well won an U-15 title at Grade 4 level in 2022 and are just after winning an U-16 title at Grade 4.

Onthe40

AFAIK you are graded for Feile in relation to your club competition grading so if in grade 1or 2 at club competition level you play grade1 feile, if in grade3-4 at club comp level you play grade2 feile.
S'stwon play grade 3 at club level hence.

Brackavilles issue is numbers, they wouldn't have the 13 + subs required to play consistently at grade 3

clarshack

Brackaville had about 19 lads togged out in the final they recently won.

LeoMc

Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2023, 02:17:17 PM
The Grading has been shocking this year. I even include my own club in that as they won the Grade 2 U-14 Og Sport in 2022 and were still Grade 2 U-15 Feile this season (beat Drumragh in the final) especially after gaining 5 players from Donaghmore. That team should have been put in Grade 1.
Brackaville as well won an U-15 title at Grade 4 level in 2022 and are just after winning an U-16 title at Grade 4.
5 transfers at one age level seems excessive. Would there be a natural flow between yourselves and Donaghmore, do the parishes border each other?

clarshack

Quote from: LeoMc on July 12, 2023, 06:17:02 PM
5 transfers at one age level seems excessive. Would there be a natural flow between yourselves and Donaghmore, do the parishes border each other?

No natural border. Ones moved back to the area.

Mikhailov

Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2023, 07:12:07 PM

But in fairness only few mile between the 2 clubs. That is another issue in East Tyrone. A lot of clubs are on top of each other. The 5 lads as far as I know have all moved back to their parents home club after living in Donaghmore for a while.

Onthe40

Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2023, 04:25:03 PM
Brackaville had about 19 lads togged out in the final they recently won.

Think you'll find some of those in the photo we're taking the obligatory co final photo spot 😀
Though I agree if their able to they should play up to even test and improve themselves

Whilst it's great winning trophies at youth I think clubs loose sight of the big picture of bringing as many through to senior as possible.. the crossmaglen mentality
Playing 11 aside and many non competitive games in a lower grade imo doesn't help that transition to the ultra competitive world of senior football

marty34

If these underage teams have big numbers should they not have a team in a higher grade, then another team down  2 leagues?

Gives more chance to develop younger players.

LeoMc

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 12, 2023, 07:56:31 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2023, 07:12:07 PM

But in fairness only few mile between the 2 clubs. That is another issue in East Tyrone. A lot of clubs are on top of each other. The 5 lads as far as I know have all moved back to their parents home club after living in Donaghmore for a while.
Irish Quintuplets? That is a lot in one age group?

rrhf

Yeah it has definitely weakened a few of the age groups around Dmore at 14 and 16 but the lads would be v well thought off and wished well.

trailer

Worried now for Donaghmore's O'Neill cup 5 in a row challenge

Dark_Arts_Master

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 12, 2023, 02:07:43 PM
CCC needs to seriously look at clubs playing down
we could have a number of situations this year where a number of big clubs have walked Grade 2 competitions
has already happened at u16 level

Surely the TCB have to put in place sanctions on clubs crying that their main minors are focusing on Senior when it comes to knockout stages.

Without McElholm & Donaghy, Lough would still be competitive with young MCCullagh & Co, but with those two back, they'll walk to a Double.

Will be severely unfair on the other clubs in the grade, given Lough's strong 2nd place finish in grade 1 last year

Mikhailov

Quote from: marty34 on July 13, 2023, 11:17:37 AM
If these underage teams have big numbers should they not have a team in a higher grade, then another team down  2 leagues?

Gives more chance to develop younger players.

A lot if them do have 2 youth graded teams st same age group.  One in a higher grade and one in the lower development league.

Tyrone95

Back at it this week...

Round 7

Dromore v Ardboe
Dungannon v Carrickmore
Greencastle v Edendork
Moortown v Trillick
Omagh v Loughmacrory
Donaghmore v Eglish
Killyclogher v Errigal Ciaran
Galbally v Coalisland

clarshack

Thoughts on replays being re-introduced to the club championships from the 1/4 Final stage?