Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 7142670 times)

Tyrone95

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #42930 on: February 21, 2020, 10:49:15 AM »
I'll have a go at this then for a bit of value, lets see who times proves correct.

Clonoe v Coalisland

I'll have a go with the Rahillys here, Coalisland are an ageing team at this stage and O'Hagan probably won't be the man to finish off players that have served him well in the past. I think Clonoe will benefit massively from McAliskey with the club all year and the McDonnell factor might bring a bite of badness back to Clonoe. Clonoe gave Trillick a good run of it last year but ultimately just didn't have enough, they'll quietly fancy themselves to chin Coalisland. Tie of the round.

Moy v Derrylaughan

Great tie for both teams who I reckon will be struggling badly in the league by the time this game comes around. This one could go eitherway, I'd stick my head on the block for Derrylaughan as any kind of injury to either of the Cavanaghs will finish off the Moy hopes. Won't be surprised if this one ends in the annual brawl that the first round of the Championship usually brings.

Galbally v Trillick

Trillick are Trillick, do the basics so well - don't make many mistakes and have about 4/5 players all capable of scoring their quota. They'll be favourites for this and the Championship so I can't really see past them myself. But Galbally will not be one bit worried about playing them, in a strange way this could be the best tie they could have got. I fancy Galbally to be rightly up in the league come this one being played - I think Trillick will win this by experience but don't think it will be the walkover some might predict.

Killyclogher v Carrickmore

What do Carrickmore have left in the tank? Still playing a right few of the older players, Gormley probably kept them in the Championship v Edendork last year. This could be the year it all catches up with them. Killyclogher are a very good senior side. I would imagine they'll win this one but Carrickmore won't give them anything on the plate that can be certain.

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Has to be Dungannon, learned hard lessons v Omagh last year. Recruitment of a former Tyrone U20 player. now and the pressure will be on with this draw to go on a bit of a run. Loughmacrory have a lot of very good young players - this could be one of the games of the first round. The Lough will have no fear of Dungannon but Dungannon now have that years experience. Lough might be going balls out in first 8/9 league games to get the points and could be worn down by that stage depending on how Senior football treats them on their return.

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Fancy Donaghmore to struggle in the league. They've always been comfortable without setting the world alight in Senior. Do they have anything about them or ambition? This draw gives them a big chance to take on a good team and make a statement. I think Ardboe will be too cute and probably might just resort to bullying Donaghmore to get the job done.

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

The disaster draw for Pomeroy. With all their county men fit and up to speed they'll give it a good rattle - they'll fancy themselves but Senior will be tough for them this year. Depends how they hold up with injury and how they are doing in the league but Errigal go into this one as heavy favourites and probably the tie you'll put the house on right now if forced to pick a winner.

Omagh v Dromore

Dromore have a huge point to prove to all of Tyrone after last year. That will be ringing in their ears at every training session from now to this tie. I can imagine exactly what they are being told up in Gardrum every night. What happened them last year won't be allowed to happen again. Omagh are a very good team though, this will be a great game. I will call this one a draw with Omagh to go on in the replay for a bit of variety. Both teams need to win this one as their recent Championship records haven't been great and should be one of the ties of the opening round too.

Gormley didn't start vs Edendork or Errigal through injury although he did pop up with a wonder score at a vital time against Edendork.  I am not even sure if he has been out training yet this year. With Jonny Munroe + Ruairi Loughran returning from Oz and a few of last years minors threw into the mix I would have to disagree that it may all catch up on us this year and would in fact hope that this may be the start of a new generation of players kicking on from breeding a few new faces in last year.. Interesting tie vs KC who are in a similar position to ourselves

Localexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #42931 on: February 21, 2020, 11:09:32 AM »
I'll have a go at this then for a bit of value, lets see who times proves correct.

Clonoe v Coalisland

I'll have a go with the Rahillys here, Coalisland are an ageing team at this stage and O'Hagan probably won't be the man to finish off players that have served him well in the past. I think Clonoe will benefit massively from McAliskey with the club all year and the McDonnell factor might bring a bite of badness back to Clonoe. Clonoe gave Trillick a good run of it last year but ultimately just didn't have enough, they'll quietly fancy themselves to chin Coalisland. Tie of the round.

Moy v Derrylaughan

Great tie for both teams who I reckon will be struggling badly in the league by the time this game comes around. This one could go eitherway, I'd stick my head on the block for Derrylaughan as any kind of injury to either of the Cavanaghs will finish off the Moy hopes. Won't be surprised if this one ends in the annual brawl that the first round of the Championship usually brings.

Galbally v Trillick

Trillick are Trillick, do the basics so well - don't make many mistakes and have about 4/5 players all capable of scoring their quota. They'll be favourites for this and the Championship so I can't really see past them myself. But Galbally will not be one bit worried about playing them, in a strange way this could be the best tie they could have got. I fancy Galbally to be rightly up in the league come this one being played - I think Trillick will win this by experience but don't think it will be the walkover some might predict.

What do Carrickmore have left in the tank? Still playing a right few of the older players, Gormley probably kept them in the Championship v Edendork last year. This could be the year it all catches up with them. Killyclogher are a very good senior side. I would imagine they'll win this one but Carrickmore won't give them anything on the plate that can be certain.

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Has to be Dungannon, learned hard lessons v Omagh last year. Recruitment of a former Tyrone U20 player. now and the pressure will be on with this draw to go on a bit of a run. Loughmacrory have a lot of very good young players - this could be one of the games of the first round. The Lough will have no fear of Dungannon but Dungannon now have that years experience. Lough might be going balls out in first 8/9 league games to get the points and could be worn down by that stage depending on how Senior football treats them on their return.

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Fancy Donaghmore to struggle in the league. They've always been comfortable without setting the world alight in Senior. Do they have anything about them or ambition? This draw gives them a big chance to take on a good team and make a statement. I think Ardboe will be too cute and probably might just resort to bullying Donaghmore to get the job done.

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

The disaster draw for Pomeroy. With all their county men fit and up to speed they'll give it a good rattle - they'll fancy themselves but Senior will be tough for them this year. Depends how they hold up with injury and how they are doing in the league but Errigal go into this one as heavy favourites and probably the tie you'll put the house on right now if forced to pick a winner.

Omagh v Dromore

Dromore have a huge point to prove to all of Tyrone after last year. That will be ringing in their ears at every training session from now to this tie. I can imagine exactly what they are being told up in Gardrum every night. What happened them last year won't be allowed to happen again. Omagh are a very good team though, this will be a great game. I will call this one a draw with Omagh to go on in the replay for a bit of variety. Both teams need to win this one as their recent Championship records haven't been great and should be one of the ties of the opening round too.

you do realise of the 14 outfield coalisland players against trillick in last years semi final 9 are under 25?  however i'm looking forward to see how McDollar copes with the pressure of another well paid clonoe manager coming up against us in the championship!

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42932 on: February 21, 2020, 11:13:49 AM »

you do realise of the 14 outfield coalisland players against trillick in last years semi final 9 are under 25?  however i'm looking forward to see how McDollar copes with the pressure of another well paid clonoe manager coming up against us in the championship!

I hope come closer to the time you can tell us more of Coalislands tactics and player availability Local Expert.

Will Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane start for Coalisland this year v Clonoe in the Championship?

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #42933 on: February 21, 2020, 11:34:39 AM »

I hope come closer to the time you can tell us more of Coalislands tactics and player availability Local Expert.

Will Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane start for Coalisland this year v Clonoe in the Championship?
Does a bear shit in the woods? One trick pony them boys

Drumraghexile

• View Profile
« Reply #42934 on: February 21, 2020, 11:39:12 AM »
Junior - Killeeshil look in a good position to make the final, be some good games deciding who makes the final with Cookstown, Kildress, Derrytresk, Eskra and Urney all in the other side.
Intermediate - Edendork be very happy with the draw, avoided Eglish and are in the generally easier side of the draw. Their expected game with Moortown in the quarter final has all the makings of a good game, but you’d fancy Edendork to make the final. Eglish a big challenge ahead of them to reach the final, any of Gortin, Owen Roes and Aghyaran will fancy nipping them and pushing into the final.
Senior - likely to come down to winners of Coalisland and Trillick in the Semi Final again. Dungannon look in a good position to reach a semi final and potential final in their side of the draw. Fully expect Donaghmore to nip Ardboe and Carrickmore to beat Killyclogher in the first round.

Ill have what your taking after coming out with that bizarre statement. Been counting the days to that draw and i couldn't be happier.

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42935 on: February 21, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
Senior Championship First Round

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

slim pickings

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42936 on: February 21, 2020, 12:54:09 PM »

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

slim pickings

Coalisland v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Carrickmore

Dungannon v Arboe

Errigal v Omagh

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #42937 on: February 21, 2020, 12:57:31 PM »

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

slim pickings
The Trillick hater returns.. only man in Tyrone happy seeing Trillick beat on penalties

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42938 on: February 21, 2020, 02:28:23 PM »

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

slim pickings
The Trillick hater returns.. only man in Tyrone happy seeing Trillick beat on penalties
Galbally not a good team, no?
Got a lot further than trillick did in ulster

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #42939 on: February 21, 2020, 02:46:45 PM »
The last time the intermediate champions faced the reigning senior champions there was an upset. Stranger things have happened.

Keyboard Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #42940 on: February 21, 2020, 03:23:45 PM »

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

R.e. Coalisland's age profile - above point is continually missed. They should be there or there abouts for a good few years.

Localexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #42941 on: February 21, 2020, 06:01:31 PM »

I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42942 on: February 22, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »
Asking you opinon just on that. Add in Peter Donnelly in nets.....McGahan is the go to man off the bench. The Fianna aren't that young.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #42943 on: February 26, 2020, 10:48:12 AM »
When will league fixtures be available

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #42944 on: February 26, 2020, 11:28:32 AM »

I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

Id say Clonoe would love to meet a Coalisland team without Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane, they would no longer be a top 4 side in Tyrone without them