Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6876360 times)

skeog

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #42885 on: February 13, 2020, 06:43:11 PM »
Dont think Carmen be togging out final day.But you never can tell would love to see MP get a senior medal.

Fionntamhnach

• "The truth is not a popularity contest..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42886 on: February 13, 2020, 07:02:59 PM »
Championship draw this day week apparently. With Healy Park out of action from the start of the summer. Who is likely to host the big games/ county finals?

Fintona's training pitch. 😛
"I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie." 😵

Eire90

• View Profile
« Reply #42887 on: February 14, 2020, 04:36:56 AM »
Edendork

Eire90

• View Profile
« Reply #42888 on: February 14, 2020, 04:37:57 AM »
Does every club have floodlights

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42889 on: February 14, 2020, 09:18:40 AM »

No. Infact very few do.

The_Slug

• View Profile
« Reply #42890 on: February 14, 2020, 09:32:47 AM »

No. Infact very few do.

i was thinking about this also, does this mean there will be no friday night championship games this season... I can't see the use of the athletic grounds being a go-to option

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42891 on: February 14, 2020, 09:40:21 AM »

No. Infact very few do.

i was thinking about this also, does this mean there will be no friday night championship games this season... I can't see the use of the athletic grounds being a go-to option

Depends really, Fintona and the Dungannon Hurling pitch last year were really the saviours of the Championship. This year could be different with the lack of qualifiers maybe easing up the club calender but you would still have to expect Senior Championship will not be to September no matter how Tyrone do so I would expect any Friday night game to be at either of those locations. We might return to the days of 4 games Saturday and the same Sunday.

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #42892 on: February 14, 2020, 11:15:20 AM »

No. Infact very few do.

Depends really, Fintona and the Dungannon Hurling pitch last year were really the saviours of the Championship. This year could be different with the lack of qualifiers maybe easing up the club calender but you would still have to expect Senior Championship will not be to September no matter how Tyrone do so I would expect any Friday night game to be at either of those locations. We might return to the days of 4 games Saturday and the same Sunday.
Stewartstown could be used also

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #42893 on: February 14, 2020, 11:45:00 AM »
Stewartstown proved a great venue, great pitch..lot of east Tyrone games played mid week last year

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #42894 on: February 14, 2020, 12:15:28 PM »

No. Infact very few do.

I don't think Healy park is closing now this season, change of plans, but time will tell

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #42895 on: February 14, 2020, 12:32:49 PM »
Stewartstown proved a great venue, great pitch..lot of east Tyrone games played mid week last year

It was a fantastic venue however would only cater fro Junior and some intermediate. Atmosphere was great due to spectator set up.
We had a junior champo game their with a reasonable big crowd there and it was tight goin for parking and getting into game on time.

giveherlong

• View Profile
« Reply #42896 on: February 14, 2020, 01:55:13 PM »

No. Infact very few do.

I don't think Healy park is closing now this season, change of plans, but time will tell

Omagh not up for contributing enough cash?

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #42897 on: February 14, 2020, 04:39:14 PM »
Greencastle another option.

Fionntamhnach

• "The truth is not a popularity contest..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42898 on: February 14, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »
Off me head, venues that can hold floodlight fixtures...

* Stewartstown
* Greencastle
* Eoghan Ruadh, Dungannon
* Fintona (Training)
* Dromore (Training)
* Carrickmore (Training)

To add, has the work at Garvaghy on its floodlight pitch been completed, and is Strabane's training pitch suitably floodlight?
"I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie." 😵

Ty4Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #42899 on: February 14, 2020, 10:25:49 PM »
Off me head, venues that can hold floodlight fixtures...

* Stewartstown
* Greencastle
* Eoghan Ruadh, Dungannon
* Fintona (Training)
* Dromore (Training)
* Carrickmore (Training)

To add, has the work at Garvaghy on its floodlight pitch been completed, and is Strabane's training pitch suitably floodlight?

Garvaghey floodlite pitch looked pretty much ready a few weeks ago. Strabanes pitch and floodlights are top class but there is no fence around the pitch which Id assume you would need.

Greencastles floodlights are IMO not good enough to host a match (unless they have been upgraddd in the last year?) although night matches have been played there recently
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:28:03 PM by Ty4Sam »