Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 7396680 times)

Tyrone95

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #42855 on: February 12, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »
whos the dark horses for the championship and top 4 league finish this season?

always find these predictions interesting. ill start it off with Dungannon being a top 4 side this season

and ill start by ringing you a taxi

:-X haha very good, we'll see come the end of the year

In fairness they only finished a few points off top 4 last year but a lot of teams will be hoping to improve this year which will leave Dgn lower in the table IMO. 

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42856 on: February 12, 2020, 10:00:09 AM »
Not an overly big shout by including Dungannon in top four, surely their aim? Just off it last year, no county panelists, added Paul Donaghy from Edendork, playing in Ulster League at the moment so you would expect they'll be flying out the gates like last year.

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42857 on: February 12, 2020, 10:48:35 AM »
Not an overly big shout by including Dungannon in top four, surely their aim? Just off it last year, no county panelists, added Paul Donaghy from Edendork, playing in Ulster League at the moment so you would expect they'll be flying out the gates like last year.

Very true. Not affected in starred games and an additional forward added. Any departures from there squad last year?

The_Slug

• View Profile
« Reply #42858 on: February 12, 2020, 11:31:11 AM »

Very true. Not affected in starred games and an additional forward added. Any departures from there squad last year?

you just told me to get a taxi and now you're agreeing they will be flying. must have forgot to switch accounts

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42859 on: February 12, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »

you just told me to get a taxi and now you're agreeing they will be flying. must have forgot to switch accounts

had clean forget about your fella donaghy jumping clubs. Who put 50p in you hai

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42860 on: February 12, 2020, 11:42:25 AM »

Don't think so, I'm not a Dungannon man but when we played them last year there wasn't too many older fellas playing from memory they have a very young set up. They have a right few u20s though, duno about minors....I don't think the latter will be any bother to Senior games but open to correction?

The_Slug

• View Profile
« Reply #42861 on: February 12, 2020, 11:42:25 AM »

haha have some free time on my hands today, making the most of it.

not an overly mad outsider call from myself saying dungannon, i know they done well last year but this will only be their second year back in division 1 and the top 4 has been dominated by the same 5/6 teams over the last number of years. So i would still class them as a dark horse... at least until they become more established in the coming years.

for example some people would say donaghmore as a dark horse and theyve been in the same position as dungannon were last year, on a number of occassions.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42862 on: February 12, 2020, 11:44:21 AM »

not an overly mad outsider call from myself saying dungannon, i know they done well last year but this will only be their second year back in division 1 and the top 4 has been dominated by the same 5/6 teams over the last number of years. So i would still class them as a dark horse... at least until they become more established in the coming years.

for example some people would say donaghmore as a dark horse and theyve been in the same position as dungannon were last year, on a number of occassions.

My shout would be for them to go down.

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42863 on: February 12, 2020, 11:46:32 AM »

My shout would be for them to go down.

Bold.
pardon the pun

HalfBack7

• View Profile
« Reply #42864 on: February 13, 2020, 10:32:42 AM »

No sign of Urney at U14, U16 or Minors, I believe they were either playing with Newtown or else planning to but that has changed now since the formation of Naomh Eoghain. Are they playing with some other club? Possibly the Derg, dont see them there either but? Can't see it being Strabane

Urney players going to Newton now too? Newton are becoming as bad as errigal.

Urney U16s and Minors are playing with Naomh Eoghan (Newtown/Dregish) for 2020 season. They have also transferred in some youth players from Omagh and Strabane who have family ties to the old Dregish club.
Castlederg had been sending their players down to Newtownstewart this past two years, but I hear they are sending them to Aghyaran this year for U16 and U18. Apparently due to members of the Naomh Eoghan club approaching their youth players to try and persuade them to transfer permanently.

Tyrone95

• View Profile
« Reply #42865 on: February 13, 2020, 04:39:27 PM »
Championship draw this day week apparently. With Healy Park out of action from the start of the summer. Who is likely to host the big games/ county finals?

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #42866 on: February 13, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
Carrickmore the front runner always well run on big match days.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42867 on: February 13, 2020, 04:52:17 PM »
I'd imagine the County Final will be in the Athletic Grounds.

Tyrone95

• View Profile
« Reply #42868 on: February 13, 2020, 05:20:44 PM »
Carrickmore the front runner always well run on big match days.

I suppose they let Omagh play county finals on their home pitch, no reason why this year should be no different...  ;)

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #42869 on: February 13, 2020, 06:43:11 PM »
Dont think Carmen be togging out final day.But you never can tell would love to see MP get a senior medal.