Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Ballygawleyman, why would Carmen have some laugh? Fairplay to Errigal for getting that far. Why are these games not played at a neutral venue anyway? Have you some Carmen allegence? ;)

ziggysego

Ballygawleyman, what's your gripe with the Errigal Ladies? They did powerful well to get to where they got. I, for one, am a proud Tyrone Gael because of them.

Incase you were unaware, All-Ireland Club medals don't come easy to Tyrone clubs.
Testing Accessibility

ballygawleyman

believe me i have no gripe with them, i just am a litle embarrased by the scoreline. i am not a big fan of ladies football but i do know there are two better teams in tyrone. carmen will laugh, they got further by getting to the all ireland club final, getting that far is good but i feel st macartans and carmen would have done better and been more prepared and off course more experieced. but it would indeed be good to win the double over thier old rivals. keep going girls
what about carmen and the island wee roddy

ziggysego

Never thought I'd see the day, where I'd see a Ballygawley man praising a Carrickmore team...... over an Errigal one  :D
Testing Accessibility

ballygawleyman

:D i dont sit back and say we are this we are that i speak fact. i said we werent good enough till beat donaghmore, i say we should not have beat coalisland in the 2006 championship. i hate clubs saying they are the best when there not so i do the same for my club. we deserved this years minor championship so il say it.

KIDDO

Dromore v Crossmaglen 2.15pm, Clones , 2.15pm next Sunday Nov 18th , ref Joe Mc Quillan Cavan,  preceeded by Rock vKillashandra   ,at 12.30pm.ulster junior championship  semi final.

ziggysego

Tyrone Senior Hurlers will once again come under the watchful eye of Kevin McNaughton in 2008.

The Cushendall (Co. Antrim) clubman is recognised as a top hurling coach and will bid to guide his new charges to promotion from Division Three of the National Hurling League this season, and also to challenge for the Nicky Rackard Cup.

Under the guidance of McNaughton Derry won two Ulster SHC titles and also ran a strong Offaly side close in the All-Ireland SHC quarter-final.

The new Tyrone manager has already begun the task of assembling a county squad for the league, which commences on the Sunday 10th February with a home game against near-neighbours, Donegal.

NATIONAL HURLING LEAGUE FIXTURES - 2008

Division 3

Sunday 10th February              Tyrone v Donegal
Saturday 16th February            Sligo v Tyrone
Sunday 9th March                     Tyrone v Longford
Sunday 16th March                   Louth v Tyrone
Testing Accessibility

Aaron Boone

Quote from: KIDDO on November 12, 2007, 07:24:10 PM
Dromore v Crossmaglen 2.15pm, Clones , 2.15pm next Sunday Nov 18th , ref Joe Mc Quillan Cavan,  preceeded by Rock vKillashandra   ,at 12.30pm.ulster junior championship  semi final.
[/quote

I'd have put my house on that match being in Casement.

ziggysego

I'm glad it's in Clones, Casement is a hole.

Hopefully it'll be a half decent day, as I'm hoping to get to the game.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Good luck to the Rock and to Dromore on Sunday - I'm confident of a Tyrone double.

snappiered

Just getting back to basics this morning after our win at the weekend. It was really special to us to achieve promotion to Division 1 for next season. Personally thought we could have beat Killeshil by more as we missed a few goal chances but we will take the 2 point victory. Our lads deserved it for the hard work they put in all season and thankfully it paid off in the end. But we face bigger challanges next year and will relish them as well. Hopefully we will apply ourselves like this year and meet these challanges head on and give it our best shot.
Any neutrals at the game? What your opinions? Who impressed or caught the eye?

hoopsaaa

snappiered - The Lough worked very hard for every score. Defended OK - although they were exposed down the centre a few times in the first half. They had a chance to seal it with 5 to go and went for a goal - poor decision. But they held it together for the last 10 when decisions were REALLY going against them big time. They will do well next year if they put the same effort in as they did this year. Meenagh has to be in with a shout on the County panel.

loughshore lad

Quote from: snappiered on November 13, 2007, 09:00:38 AM
Just getting back to basics this morning after our win at the weekend. It was really special to us to achieve promotion to Division 1 for next season. Personally thought we could have beat Killeshil by more as we missed a few goal chances but we will take the 2 point victory. Our lads deserved it for the hard work they put in all season and thankfully it paid off in the end. But we face bigger challanges next year and will relish them as well. Hopefully we will apply ourselves like this year and meet these challanges head on and give it our best shot.
Any neutrals at the game? What your opinions? Who impressed or caught the eye?

Didnt make the game snappiered but heard you were value for the victory.  Next year offers yourselves a good chance to become established in the top tier with 2 percieved weaker teams also coming up from this seasons division 2.
What do yous make of Paddy McGuigan? He appears to have done well there an yous will be looking him to stay?

Norf Tyrone

Anyone have a team pic of the Tyrone team prior to the UF with Monaghan??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

snappiered

Quote from: loughshore lad on November 13, 2007, 10:08:53 AM

Didnt make the game snappiered but heard you were value for the victory.  Next year offers yourselves a good chance to become established in the top tier with 2 percieved weaker teams also coming up from this seasons division 2.
What do yous make of Paddy McGuigan? He appears to have done well there an yous will be looking him to stay?

Paddy Mc Guigan cum in this year and has transformed our club. He has got the best out of our players. His great strengths are his willingness to listen to other peoples opinions as well as his excellent man managment skills. The players really like him and we had 34 players togged out on Saturday and this speaks volumes for Wee Paddy. Yeah he will be stayin with us next year surely (or at least we hope)!!!