Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6624915 times)

clarshack

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #42075 on: November 10, 2019, 02:24:55 PM »
I see Conor McKenna got a goal for Eglish today. Any reports on how he was in general play?
Edendork appealing the result due to McKennas ineligibility? Not registered due to his professional contract status?

What do you mean? Was he not registered by Eglish on the GAA membership system?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42076 on: November 10, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »
I see Conor McKenna got a goal for Eglish today. Any reports on how he was in general play?
Edendork appealing the result due to McKennas ineligibility? Not registered due to his professional contract status?

What do you mean? Was he not registered by Eglish on the GAA membership system?

Yesturday wasn't his first time this year playing for Eglish. Be a major shock if Eglish have been so silly.

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #42077 on: November 10, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »
RTE making noises about the League final yesterday handbags was all it was.Does the man who sent in the report get paid for it.Hardly think RTE was in Fintona.Irish News be on the case next.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 03:40:29 PM by skeog »

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #42078 on: November 10, 2019, 04:51:01 PM »
Did Loughmacrory really blow automatic promotion?

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #42079 on: November 10, 2019, 04:53:56 PM »

Counting the chickens i doubt...was talking to 2 lough men during the week both 100% sure of a win as Beragh had nothing to play for!!!!!

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42080 on: November 10, 2019, 06:30:20 PM »
The non-regular weekend round up...

Saturday saw Dromore defeat Errigal Ciaran to lift the Division 1 League title 1-10 to 1-6, while Edendork have been sent down to Division 2 thanks to Eglish - AFL pro Conor McKenna helping his home club win 2-9 to 1-10, with Eglish now awaiting whoever comes out of the Division 2 promotion play-offs in the interdivisional game.

Meanwhile, in Division 2, Pomeroy & Greecastle played their final league tie out a day early with Pomeroy victors on 0-16 to 1-4, thus also ending any hopes of Greencastle reaching the promotion play-offs.

In youth football, congrats to both Donaghmore and Loughmacrory whom won the Under 16 G1 League & G2 Championship respectively. The Dungannon hurlers however had to sit out their Ulster IHC final against St. Enda's of Co. Antrim as conditions at Owenbeg left the grounds unplayable. The refixture is to yet be announced.

Speaking of Loughmacrory, while it has been a great week for their U16 doing a G2 double, their senior team HAD JUST ONE JOB and blew it! A draw would have been good enough for them to achieve automatic promotion to Division 1 for 2020, but instead they succumbed to a one point defeat to Beragh at St. Mary's Park on Sunday afternoon, 1-9 to 1-8. The result ensuring that Pomeroy finished in second place and them instead getting automatic promotion. Meanwhile, Galbally wrapped up an Intermediate double with a four point win against Cookstown, 0-12 to 0-8, while their reserves also clinched their league title with a 3-20 to 0-11 win against Cookstown.

The potential nightmare permutations regarding play-off spots in Division 2 has thankfully not come to pass, with the four teams in the promotion play-offs now known - Loughmacrory, Clogher, Owen Roes & Gortin. Gortin sneaked into sixth place after a 2-12 to 1-13 win against a Clogher team that was already guaranteed of finishing fourth (had head to head win over Owen Roes), finishing on 15 points with Moortown - the league tie between Gortin & Moortown finished level so it went to score difference with Gortin winning out, -11 to -21.

At the bottom, both NTS and Cookstown lost their final league games so they will face each other in a relegation play-off with Newtown having home advantage based on head to head. Loser will be relegated to Division 3 while the winner will face Killeeshil in the interdivisional play off, Killeeshil winning their play-off tie against Kildress in Donaghmore by one point, 0-13 to 1-9.

So that now leaves in the play-offs in the ACL...

Division 1/2 play-offs...

Loughmacrory vs. Gortin
Clogher vs. Owen Roes

Then... Loughmacrory or Gortin vs. Clogher or Owen Roes (neutral venue)

Winner faces Eglish in Div 1/2 play-off (neutral venue)

Division 2/3 play-offs...

Newtownstewart vs. Cookstown

Loser is relegated to Div 3, winner faces Killeeshil in Div 2/3 play-off (neutral venue)

Elsewhere, commiserations to the Edendork womens footballers whom were defeated in the All-Ireland Junior club semi-final by the Mayo & Connacht championship CL McHale Rovers 4-12 to 1-13. Finally, of peculiar note fair play to Rock & Glenelly whom played their final Division 3 league tie of 2019 with neither side having anything whatsoever to play for! The Rock won 3-15 to 0-7.

Coming up for next weekend will be the Senior Reserve & Junior Reserve Championship Knockout finals, on Friday night the SRFC final between Omagh and Errigal Ciaran, throw-in 7.30pm at Healy Park (no, me neither) while on Saturday, Rock and Drumragh are due to meet on the JRFC final, throw-in 2.00pm with venue TBA. Meanwhile all three play-off games in Division 2, Loughmacrory vs. Gortin, Clogher vs. Owen Roes & Newtownstewart vs. Cookstown, are provisionally fixed for Sunday, throw-ins for all games 2.30pm with first named side having home advantage. Finally, all the best to Galbally in their Ulster IFC Semi-Final tie against Naomh NŠille of Co. Donegal this Sunday in Celtic Park, throw-in 2.30pm.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

pressupking

• View Profile
« Reply #42081 on: November 10, 2019, 07:37:51 PM »

couldn't of happened to a better team...even if they do go up through play-offs at least they go up with no silverware!!! their behaviour and antics throughout the year doesn't deserve rewarding!!!  i seen videos of them celebrating the night they beat galbally in the clubhouse as if they'd just won the league, id like to see the videos of them tonite ;)

redhandofgod

• View Profile
« Reply #42082 on: November 10, 2019, 07:41:57 PM »
Another bottle job by loughmacrory! Couldnt beat pomeroy in championship when 4 points up with 10 to play and pomeroy down to 12 men!
Choked today again against a team safe with nothing to play for!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:52:24 PM by redhandofgod »

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #42083 on: November 10, 2019, 07:56:20 PM »

couldn't of happened to a better team...even if they do go up through play-offs at least they go up with no silverware!!! their behaviour and antics throughout the year doesn't deserve rewarding!!!  i seen videos of them celebrating the night they beat galbally in the clubhouse as if they'd just won the league, id like to see the videos of them tonite ;)
Send £5 to my PayPal account.... ;)

Dee2018

• View Profile
« Reply #42084 on: November 10, 2019, 09:23:19 PM »
From a galbally point of view itís great to see our neighbours go up over lochmacrory. I guess lochmacrory didnít have the BITE to win today. Pun intended

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #42085 on: November 10, 2019, 10:26:14 PM »
Great to be back in senior football. I didnít see it coming but Beragh done us a massive favour. Few could argue that us along with Galbally were the two best teams in intermediate. There wonít be a lot of sympathy for Loughmacrory following their antics all year.

OurKid

• View Profile
« Reply #42086 on: November 11, 2019, 01:29:48 AM »
We havenít gone away you know!!! Not the title that would have been our first choice but serious bottle shown by our young team to win the league title today, 8th league title since 2003. Added to our U21 Ulster title and Reserve league title it hasnít been a bad year for a team in transition that is supposed to have no future, still the U21 semi final to come too
Think Iíve heard another club say that first sentence before? Maybe get your own material , this post is about as pointless as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #42087 on: November 11, 2019, 08:24:40 AM »
RTE making noises about the League final yesterday handbags was all it was.Does the man who sent in the report get paid for it.Hardly think RTE was in Fintona.Irish News be on the case next.
Fionntamhnach telling tales again.. Great weekend/year for Galbally. Next year in D1 will be a polar opposite to last year, that team will be very hard beat in Championship and League. Loch seem to be making big headway in youth grades however the seniors have unfortunately bottled again

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42088 on: November 11, 2019, 08:47:53 AM »
Fionntamhnach telling tales again.. Great weekend/year for Galbally. Next year in D1 will be a polar opposite to last year, that team will be very hard beat in Championship and League. Loch seem to be making big headway in youth grades however the seniors have unfortunately bottled again

The report on rte.ie is credited to Francis Mooney, a long time freelance sports journalist whom often writes up reports in the Irish News.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #42089 on: November 11, 2019, 09:12:19 AM »

The report on rte.ie is credited to Francis Mooney, a long time freelance sports journalist whom often writes up reports in the Irish News.

Headline from Irish News Website

Brawl mars final clash between Dromore and Errigal Ciaran
Francis Mooney 11 Nov, 2019
THE Tyrone Division One final was marred by a brawl in the closing stages of the clash between Dromore and Errigal Ciaran.

From the video I've seen - How that 'brawl' made a headline in a national newspaper I'll never know.