Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6624902 times)

southtyronegael

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #42030 on: November 07, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
If lads have any sense next year they'll book their stags/holidays for July or August and they will miss f**k all football.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #42031 on: November 07, 2019, 09:59:28 AM »
If lads have any sense next year they'll book their stags/holidays for July or August and they will miss f**k all football.

Anyone who went to play football in the states in the last 2 summers actually missed very little football back home.

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42032 on: November 07, 2019, 10:01:21 AM »

Anyone who went to play football in the states in the last 2 summers actually missed very little football back home.

and had played several more games out there than they would have back home

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42033 on: November 07, 2019, 10:19:55 AM »
Newtonstewart will stay up imo.

If they can survive this relegation dog fight they will be in a strong place for next season. With them and Dregish joining forces youd imagine they will find themselves in Div 1 the following year.

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #42034 on: November 07, 2019, 10:48:06 AM »

Is there any flexibility when fixtures are arranged for a club to request a "free weekend"? It it would probably be too hard to get the fixture list to work if you have 16 teams each submitting a request but it might be worth considering. I am thinking of weddings in particular.   I know there are 2 weeks in July which are free but I'm not sure how far in advance clubs know exactly what date this applies to?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42035 on: November 07, 2019, 10:52:45 AM »

Is there any flexibility when fixtures are arranged for a club to request a "free weekend"? It it would probably be too hard to get the fixture list to work if you have 16 teams each submitting a request but it might be worth considering. I am thinking of weddings in particular.   I know there are 2 weeks in July which are free but I'm not sure how far in advance clubs know exactly what date this applies to?

Once the CCC set the fixture, it's set. Unless the two clubs agree and the CCC accept thereafter.

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #42036 on: November 07, 2019, 11:02:49 AM »
I actually think its got to the stage where there is a case for saying, ok lads, there will be no club football at all for 4-6 weeks from the beginnning  of July untill the end of the super 8s ( if Tyrone get to the AI final, or semi final, this will obviously be longer)
Play away at the league up to that and use all 5 starred games
Take a break during the super 8s and come back end of August with the business end of the league and then the championship September

At least players and clubs know there will be a guaranteed 4 week break in the middle of the year and plan accordingly, giving room for weddings, stag weekends, holidays, club fundraisers etc.
We end up having this type of break or longer as it is anyway, just without any sort of pre warning at all, making it very very frustrating fro all involved
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #42037 on: November 07, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »
I actually think its got to the stage where there is a case for saying, ok lads, there will be no club football at all for 4-6 weeks from the beginnning  of July untill the end of the super 8s ( if Tyrone get to the AI final, or semi final, this will obviously be longer)
Play away at the league up to that and use all 5 starred games
Take a break during the super 8s and come back end of August with the business end of the league and then the championship September

At least players and clubs know there will be a guaranteed 4 week break in the middle of the year and plan accordingly, giving room for weddings, stag weekends, holidays, club fundraisers etc.
We end up having this type of break or longer as it is anyway, just without any sort of pre warning at all, making it very very frustrating fro all involved

If they did that, and then Tyrone were beat in the first round of the Qualifiers, they'd have even more bother with Clubs, Players etc having made other plans.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42038 on: November 07, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »
You boys make it sound like you can stroll in and book a wedding on the exact dates you want, for the prices you want, when you want.

A wedding in late August/Sept/Oct is much, much less expensive than July. Assuming you even have the availability of the venue your fair lady wishes...

PeterEli

• View Profile
« Reply #42039 on: November 07, 2019, 01:21:21 PM »
Maybe a case of what goes around comes around for Augher. I heard they refused to change their derby with Clogher, their request was to play it at any other time that didn't clash with the full round of fixtures, later in the evening or Friday night. So I suppose how do you expect to be accommodated when you have refused to be accommodating previously yourself.

TimmyTrumpet

• View Profile
« Reply #42040 on: November 07, 2019, 03:29:29 PM »
word on the street is that Loughmacrory are conceding the game over the weekend. if they are going into div 1 they want to bring silverware with them

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #42041 on: November 07, 2019, 04:02:51 PM »

If they can survive this relegation dog fight they will be in a strong place for next season. With them and Dregish joining forces youd imagine they will find themselves in Div 1 the following year.
Ignoring the bold because they will never be in Division 1. Does a new club (St Eugenes) not have to start at the bottom?? So in other words, is there any point in Newton trying to stay up as they have to go to junior level next year as a new club??? Or am i completely doating?

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42042 on: November 07, 2019, 04:31:16 PM »

Ignoring the bold because they will never be in Division 1. Does a new club (St Eugenes) not have to start at the bottom?? So in other words, is there any point in Newton trying to stay up as they have to go to junior level next year as a new club??? Or am i completely doating?

Who told ye that, Marty morrissey?

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #42043 on: November 07, 2019, 04:34:20 PM »

Ballygawley joined with Glencull and got staying in Division 1.

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42044 on: November 07, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »

Ballygawley joined with Glencull and got staying in Division 1.

what about when they joined with the rest of them?