Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6561976 times)

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #41565 on: October 09, 2019, 09:47:38 AM »
Are Errigal or Trillick good enough to give ulster a rattle this year? Who's more likely to perform in ulster?

No bluesy. Both aren't near it, i have no idea how two teams, as bad as these two have found themselves in a county final, beyond me. Could be embarrassing to watch one of them in Ulster.
Think Coalisland would've showed well in ulster this year after Ladecima season last year.

Pearse blue no chance they wouldn't have the discipline to progress in ulster. You can get away with their nonsense in Tyrone but not in ulster

Coalisland only team that would have given ulster a rattle. Errigal/trillick might win one or two games in ulster but wont get near the final - unless more brown envelopes are dished out.

Behave yourself lad. Your talking shite now and becoming a nuisance. Nobody likes trolls.

If they win two games they'll be in the final,

Your correct it would appear. They cant meet donegal champions until the final? Ghaoth Dobhair youd imagine that would be, who will simply make wee boys out of the winners of tyrone if they manage to scrape past the winners of down/derry.

Eire90

• View Profile
« Reply #41566 on: October 09, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »
is there playoffs for the tyrone league championship or is it just the team thats top of the league win it

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #41567 on: October 09, 2019, 09:04:11 PM »
Are Errigal or Trillick good enough to give ulster a rattle this year? Who's more likely to perform in ulster?

No bluesy. Both aren't near it, i have no idea how two teams, as bad as these two have found themselves in a county final, beyond me. Could be embarrassing to watch one of them in Ulster.
They did it by beating whoever was in put in front of them. ;)

Errigal did have a handy run but Trillick beat Dromore, Clonoe and Coalisland who between them won 7 of the last 12 titles.

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #41568 on: October 09, 2019, 09:13:16 PM »
Heard Coalisland had their annual dust up yesterday then when exiting the Championship.

Local Expert?
Their u16s managed something similar up in Glenelly at the weekend.

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #41569 on: October 09, 2019, 10:01:54 PM »
is there playoffs for the tyrone league championship or is it just the team thats top of the league win it
Who ever finishes top wins the league

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #41570 on: October 10, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
Heard Coalisland had their annual dust up yesterday then when exiting the Championship.

Local Expert?

Coalisland play Glenelly at U16 level? Something not quite right about that.

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41571 on: October 10, 2019, 02:42:33 PM »

Local Expert?

Coalisland play Glenelly at U16 level? Something not quite right about that.
They were playing Both Domhnaigh (Badoney) in the Grade 2 Championship quarter final, Badoney being a youth amalgamation of Gortin & Glenelly. Badoney had home advantage, thus the game in Glenelly. Badoney won the tie 1-13 to 2-5.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #41572 on: October 10, 2019, 02:46:28 PM »
Clears that one up, thanks - don't have the finger on the pulse with the youth amalgamation clubs sorry.

I'm assuming it's going to become a more popular model going forward for clubs.

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #41573 on: October 10, 2019, 03:25:01 PM »
Clears that one up, thanks - don't have the finger on the pulse with the youth amalgamation clubs sorry.

I'm assuming it's going to become a more popular model going forward for clubs.

No worries - a lot of us are here to help others and ourselves fill the knowledge gaps.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #41574 on: October 10, 2019, 03:25:46 PM »
Dregish football club apparently is no more. All players transferred to Newtownstewart is the talk.

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #41575 on: October 10, 2019, 03:38:25 PM »
Dregish football club apparently is no more. All players transferred to Newtownstewart is the talk.

If true, then that's sad news concerning Dregish, though it seemed inevitable that they would fold sooner or later given that they had no youth teams of their own for many years, and even before then, they were struggling to field players (rules introduced concerning the minimum age of players at different age groups no doubt made that job impossible, no more U14's playing at Minor for example). I'll have to check to see whom the last football club in Tyrone was to fold but it's definitely some time back, probably 80's. I think it was Mountfield, though could have been Windmill.

time ticking away

• View Profile
« Reply #41576 on: October 10, 2019, 03:47:42 PM »

If true, then that's sad news concerning Dregish, though it seemed inevitable that they would fold sooner or later given that they had no youth teams of their own for many years, and even before then, they were struggling to field players (rules introduced concerning the minimum age of players at different age groups no doubt made that job impossible, no more U14's playing at Minor for example). I'll have to check to see whom the last football club in Tyrone was to fold but it's definitely some time back, probably 80's. I think it was Mountfield, though could have been Windmill.
Windmill definitely played when there was no Mountfield.
I remember a club called Mountjoy on the lough shore also
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #41577 on: October 10, 2019, 04:09:18 PM »

Windmill definitely played when there was no Mountfield.
I remember a club called Mountjoy on the lough shore also

Lord Mountjoy changed their name to Brocagh

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #41578 on: October 10, 2019, 04:11:46 PM »
Not to start a bit of a war on this....but did Glencull as a club actually fold or was it a club' or what exactly was the craic there?

SG08

• View Profile
« Reply #41579 on: October 10, 2019, 04:13:18 PM »
Forgive me if I'm being ignorant but what happened to Washingbay years ago? did they simply change to Derrylaughan. Or was it split into several clubs?