Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6550855 times)

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #40905 on: September 11, 2019, 10:06:06 AM »
Early days in the championship yet to be declaring players for Tyrone call ups.
Conn Kilpatrick will likely receive a call up.
After that Michael O’neill and Daniel Kerr be worth a look at. Another player worth a look would be Conor Shields from Clogher.
After that it will be the Tyrone U20s that will be looked at and considered.
That others mentioned I would very much doubt, Emmet McNabb very light and not an improvement on McCurry, Canavan or Bradley if he returns.

The_Slug

• View Profile
« Reply #40906 on: September 11, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »
After that Michael O’neill and Daniel Kerr be worth a look at. Another player worth a look would be Conor Shields from Clogher.
That others mentioned I would very much doubt, Emmet McNabb very light and not an improvement on McCurry, Canavan or Bradley if he returns.

Since MH will undoubtedly be calling more people up, will there be a few men dropped from the panel this time? he doesn't seem to ever drop too many players based on ability, the players usually leave of their own accord or break some rules etc. and get dropped for that

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #40907 on: September 11, 2019, 11:03:22 AM »

Since MH will undoubtedly be calling more people up, will there be a few men dropped from the panel this time? he doesn't seem to ever drop too many players based on ability, the players usually leave of their own accord or break some rules etc. and get dropped for that

Could do with getting rid of a few that have been there for 2/3 years and made little to no impact to be honest. Obviously aren't going to make it at this stage.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #40908 on: September 11, 2019, 11:07:48 AM »
The standard of club championship has been dreadful.MH has an unenviable task improving his current panel imo.The names suggested are not county standard bar Lee Brennan.Suggesting adding players from a team just beaten by 17 points beggars disbelief.

Its a quite simple task to improve the squad if you really wanted to but only Harte is too stubborn to do it..

(In my opinion and I'm sure there are more players out there but this is straight off my head)

Players who will improve team immediately:

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe
Mackers - Coalisland
Big Conn - Edendork
Lee Brennan - Trillick
Big Dan McNulty (Wild card but worth it and it could free Matty up if it works) - Clonoe

Then players to add in and work with for future years:

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)
Johnny Harkin (Tattyreigh)

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #40909 on: September 11, 2019, 11:10:25 AM »
The standard of club championship has been dreadful.MH has an unenviable task improving his current panel imo.The names suggested are not county standard bar Lee Brennan.Suggesting adding players from a team just beaten by 17 points beggars disbelief.

Its a quite simple task to improve the squad if you really wanted to but only Harte is too stubborn to do it..

(In my opinion and I'm sure there are more players out there but this is straight off my head)

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe
Mackers - Coalisland
Big Conn - Edendork
Lee Brennan - Trillick
Big Dan McNulty (Wild card but worth it and it could free Matty up if it works) - Clonoe

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)

If we are being honest, he can't start on a fairly poor Clonoe team. Has fitness issues and from what I've heard has quit Gaelic Football a few times.

It's a pity because he had it all.

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #40910 on: September 11, 2019, 11:12:53 AM »

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe
Mackers - Coalisland
Big Conn - Edendork
Lee Brennan - Trillick

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)

How many games has Dan McNulty played for Clonoe over the last few years? He has struggled with injury and only came off the bench on Saturday. To suggest he would improve the Tyrone team immediately is crazy talk. McNally played for Tyrone before and didn't stand out. I think if he he'd been there another few years he could have improved but the time for talking of him as a county player is gone.

TyroneOnlooker

• View Profile
« Reply #40911 on: September 11, 2019, 11:17:06 AM »
Do you watch any club football??

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe - worth a call up
Mackers - Coalisland - must be at least 31. Great club player but county days are long over
Big Conn - Edendork - worth a call up
Lee Brennan - Trillick - has been on squad and will be next year if he wants
Big Dan McNulty (Wild card but worth it and it could free Matty up if it works) - Clonoe - seriously? doesn't start for clonoe and has constant injury issues

Outside the above there is very little of county standard that aren't already there. Most call ups in next few years will be from last couple of u20 squads and let's be honest, none of those boys are developed enough to make an impact at senior county level

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #40912 on: September 11, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »
Next bunch of players that will be looked at will be the Tyrone U20s this year, likes of Conal Grimes, Canavan, Conor Quinn, Antoin Fox someone like Joe Oguz might even get a look

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #40913 on: September 11, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
Only reason Dan McNulty didn’t start V Moy is he’s only back from a broken cheekbone injury he got playing against Carrickmore. Looked good when he came on. See how he performs against Trillick.

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #40914 on: September 11, 2019, 11:27:45 AM »
Next bunch of players that will be looked at will be the Tyrone U20s this year, likes of Conal Grimes, Canavan, Conor Quinn, Antoin Fox someone like Joe Oguz might even get a look

Darragh Canavan, Conor Quinn, Antoin Fox and Joe Oguz are all still U20 next year.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #40915 on: September 11, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »

Darragh Canavan, Conor Quinn, Antoin Fox and Joe Oguz are all still U20 next year.

Mickey is in his last year my friend. If he wants them he will have them.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #40916 on: September 11, 2019, 11:45:19 AM »
Do you watch any club football??

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe - worth a call up
Mackers - Coalisland - must be at least 31. Great club player but county days are long over
Big Conn - Edendork - worth a call up
Lee Brennan - Trillick - has been on squad and will be next year if he wants
Big Dan McNulty (Wild card but worth it and it could free Matty up if it works) - Clonoe - seriously? doesn't start for clonoe and has constant injury issues

Outside the above there is very little of county standard that aren't already there. Most call ups in next few years will be from last couple of u20 squads and let's be honest, none of those boys are developed enough to make an impact at senior county level

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)

Yes so you've just agreed with more or less everything I've said except that Big Dan isn't good enuf which I disagree on and that Mackers is past it, hmm I guess you've no idea and don't watch much club action

Tyrone95

• View Profile
« Reply #40917 on: September 11, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »

Do you honestly believe that.. The dictatorship will continue for at least another 3 or 4 I would imagine.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #40918 on: September 11, 2019, 11:51:37 AM »

Do you honestly believe that.. The dictatorship will continue for at least another 3 or 4 I would imagine.

When Mickey goes, Mark will take over the reins.

The_Slug

• View Profile
« Reply #40919 on: September 11, 2019, 01:47:35 PM »

this will be the u17 allireland wining team? so Lorcan Quinn, Matthew Murnaghan, Micheal Conroy and Ethan Jordan (v.impressive against errigal) all also available. Could be another ulster and all-ireland on the way. Apologies that ive included this on the wrong thread.