Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6565154 times)

Drumraghexile

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #40890 on: September 10, 2019, 04:31:38 PM »
Drumraghexile youíre a great salesman for your club. Though you are right on this occasion great facilities. Sure it could even host your Ulster junior club quarter final instead of having to go to Healy Park.

Not a bother, for we'll probably be in it all going well - home advantage always a plus.
Wouldn't go to healy park if it was in my back garden.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #40891 on: September 10, 2019, 05:05:29 PM »
That is a little harsh Healy. Killyclogher has the same roadside parking as every other club in Tyrone, a main road outside their ground.

Wee Roddy take carrickmore for example. I know there is cars parking on one side of the road but Jesus yous can accommodate a lot of cars in the car park and grass pitches beside it.

Aside from that Carrickmore creates a lethal atmosphere. the open side of Killyclogher is very mute in a game.

A very reasonable alternative is Clanabogan Park? a lot of parking, 5 pound in at the gate, fantastic facilities and a few free golf balls from the driving range lying on the pitch; you couldn't bate it. I remember years ago coaching there and they only had the steel huts, storage containers essentially. Great to see how far the club has came.

Although the ever sinking patch in the middle of the pitch could be a problem. However the games could be played on the pitch beside it, the training pitch - be able to take 2 games on it not a bother.

Driving range closed for a few years now.
Training pitch isnt full size.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

aqua_allsorts

• View Profile
« Reply #40892 on: September 10, 2019, 05:12:42 PM »
How many points did Beragh score from play? I would guess 3points and the 2nd goal came from a penalty.

Only giving my opinion but could you name some of these players, that should be starting Tyrone that are not on the squad?

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

Iíd have to agree with DE here.

John Harkin
Eoghan Murray
Michael OíNeill
Emmet McNabb

Above players will all be in with a chance of a McKenna Cup call up for next year in my opinion.

Drumraghexile

• View Profile
« Reply #40893 on: September 10, 2019, 05:23:07 PM »
That is a little harsh Healy. Killyclogher has the same roadside parking as every other club in Tyrone, a main road outside their ground.

Wee Roddy take carrickmore for example. I know there is cars parking on one side of the road but Jesus yous can accommodate a lot of cars in the car park and grass pitches beside it.

Aside from that Carrickmore creates a lethal atmosphere. the open side of Killyclogher is very mute in a game.

A very reasonable alternative is Clanabogan Park? a lot of parking, 5 pound in at the gate, fantastic facilities and a few free golf balls from the driving range lying on the pitch; you couldn't bate it. I remember years ago coaching there and they only had the steel huts, storage containers essentially. Great to see how far the club has came.

Although the ever sinking patch in the middle of the pitch could be a problem. However the games could be played on the pitch beside it, the training pitch - be able to take 2 games on it not a bother.

Driving range closed for a few years now.
Training pitch isnt full size.

They still find there way believe you me.
The small pitch would make it a tighter, more intense affair, would really be a spectacle

Pmk1987

• View Profile
« Reply #40894 on: September 10, 2019, 05:34:20 PM »
How many points did Beragh score from play? I would guess 3points and the 2nd goal came from a penalty.

Only giving my opinion but could you name some of these players, that should be starting Tyrone that are not on the squad?

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

John Harkin
Eoghan Murray
Michael OíNeill
Emmet McNabb

Above players will all be in with a chance of a McKenna Cup call up for next year in my opinion.

Would have to agree with all the above except have not seen much of J Harkin but have heard he is superb athlete. Conn kilpatrick looks a good player also, seen him playing for Tyrone u21 last season and was impressed. Brennan is tyrones mossy quinn (may aswell bring a fold up chair to games as does zero from open play) however he is by far best free taker in tyrone.

P.S it is great to have championship season back in full swing

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40895 on: September 10, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »
TBH everything (other than the golf balls) mentioned in the last few posts about Clanabogan Park just as easily applies to Fintona, at least if the games were to be on the main playing field.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #40896 on: September 10, 2019, 05:38:23 PM »
Junior:
Eskra V Errigal 3rds
Drumragh V Kildress
Kileeshil V Brockagh
Glenelly V Rock

Intermediate:
Pomeroy V Loughmacrory
Galbally V Aghyaran
Urney V Owen Roes

Moortown V Gortin
Winners V Greencastle

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40897 on: September 10, 2019, 06:36:11 PM »
Junior:

Eskra V Errigal 3rds
Drumragh V Kildress
Kileeshil V Brockagh
Glenelly V Rock (draw)

Intermediate:

Pomeroy V Loughmacrory
Galbally V Aghyaran
Urney V Owen Roes
Moortown V Gortin

Moortown/Gortin V Greencastle
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #40898 on: September 10, 2019, 09:31:34 PM »

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there
A Beragh forward scored 2-2 and couldnít make your list?

ANON2018

• View Profile
« Reply #40899 on: September 11, 2019, 08:23:33 AM »
Is local expert really an expert and is he even local. Or maybe he is even a she?

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #40900 on: September 11, 2019, 08:44:09 AM »
Or somewhere in between... takes all sorts to be a keyboard warrior.. Donít pigeonhole me!! ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:45:58 AM by rrhf »

The Golden Years

• View Profile
« Reply #40901 on: September 11, 2019, 08:45:14 AM »

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

John Harkin
Eoghan Murray
Michael OíNeill
Emmet McNabb

Emmet would need to leave his wing mirrors behind him if he is to step up to county level. 

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #40902 on: September 11, 2019, 09:36:27 AM »
Do you boys not get tired of registering new usernames everyday?
Honda300
LocalExpert
TheShooter
topofthesoil
aquaallsorts

Ive seen the way you go on in the forum, i would not be surprised in the slightest if 1 or more of them accounts were created by you as a secondary account. so dont be so quick to point the finger and try and divert the blame.
I voice my own views on this, not to listen to nonsense like this from you.

Cool story bro. You must be a real hoot to spend time with.

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #40903 on: September 11, 2019, 09:43:51 AM »

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

John Harkin
Eoghan Murray
Michael OíNeill
Emmet McNabb

Emmet would need to leave his wing mirrors behind him if he is to step up to county level.
Donít think king mick would agree, too close of a personality to roro sludden and that ship has sailed I think

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #40904 on: September 11, 2019, 09:48:02 AM »
The standard of club championship has been dreadful.MH has an unenviable task improving his current panel imo.The names suggested are not county standard bar Lee Brennan.Suggesting adding players from a team just beaten by 17 points beggars disbelief.