Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Slug

Quote from: Honda300 on September 10, 2019, 02:20:54 PM
Won't be much standing room round killyclogher though... By half time in the first game be some crowd in id say. Thought at this stage championship would be taking preference to league games??

Last time i was in killyclogher they had the stand extended, no cover though. Would imagine it will be packed yes, would have thought carmen would have been the better option but sure the county board know best...

All teams still in the championship will be likely to field weaker teams this weekend and some teams that are safe may also field some weaker teams to give a few fringe/reserve players senior game time, so there might be some 'shock' results coming up

HealyHellRaiser

Killyclogher need a big sale half time lotto to pay for their management set up.

Donal Magee gets his way once again. Killyclogher an awful venue for games of this magnitude fine if its a stand alone but a double header!! The room for people to stand is one issue but the parking is worse. They will be parking in Carrickmore and getting buses to ferry them in!! Madness.

Tyrone95

Quote from: The_Slug on September 10, 2019, 03:00:32 PM
Won't be much standing room round killyclogher though... By half time in the first game be some crowd in id say. Thought at this stage championship would be taking preference to league games??

Last time i was in killyclogher they had the stand extended, no cover though. Would imagine it will be packed yes, would have thought carmen would have been the better option but sure the county board know best...

All teams still in the championship will be likely to field weaker teams this weekend and some teams that are safe may also field some weaker teams to give a few fringe/reserve players senior game time, so there might be some 'shock' results coming up

I heard various reports that we could be hosting a senior double header in 2 weeks.. For the atmosphere it would be ideal and i'm sure everyone would agree. The only problem is with our current training pitch under re development which was previously used to handle a couple of hundred cars, the crowd control and parking could be an issue as people will not want to walk a mile or 2 down the road.

Wee Roddy

That is a little harsh Healy. Killyclogher has the same roadside parking as every other club in Tyrone, a main road outside their ground.

scout

From what I seen of Loughmacrory, I'd be surprised if they beat Pomeroy. If Beragh had any sort of forward line, they would have won.

Moortown-Gortin was the most entertaining game I watched this weekend.

All games seemed to be void of any atmosphere, maybe cause it's 80% neutrals at these games?

No players I seen would be an improvement on any of the players starting for Tyrone at present time.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 10, 2019, 03:28:59 PM
Quote from: The_Slug on September 10, 2019, 03:00:32 PM

I heard various reports that we could be hosting a senior double header in 2 weeks.. For the atmosphere it would be ideal and i'm sure everyone would agree. The only problem is with our current training pitch under re development which was previously used to handle a couple of hundred cars, the crowd control and parking could be an issue as people will not want to walk a mile or 2 down the road.
[/quot

I really don't see parking as an issue here. There are a number of options available within a half a mile from the ground. If the weather was dry which it supposed to be is the actual training field might be an option.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: scout on September 10, 2019, 03:36:20 PM
From what I seen of Loughmacrory, I'd be surprised if they beat Pomeroy. If Beragh had any sort of forward line, they would have won.

Moortown-Gortin was the most entertaining game I watched this weekend.

All games seemed to be void of any atmosphere, maybe cause it's 80% neutrals at these games?

No players I seen would be an improvement on any of the players starting for Tyrone at present time.

Have to agree, even Ardboe and Coalisland offered little. Next round games should all be a step up.

scout

How many points did Beragh score from play? I would guess 3points and the 2nd goal came from a penalty.

Only giving my opinion but could you name some of these players, that should be starting Tyrone that are not on the squad?

HealyHellRaiser

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 10, 2019, 03:33:13 PM
That is a little harsh Healy. Killyclogher has the same roadside parking as every other club in Tyrone, a main road outside their ground.

Wee Roddy take carrickmore for example. I know there is cars parking on one side of the road but Jesus yous can accommodate a lot of cars in the car park and grass pitches beside it.

Aside from that Carrickmore creates a lethal atmosphere. the open side of Killyclogher is very mute in a game.

scout

Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 10, 2019, 03:58:58 PM
Quote from: scout on September 10, 2019, 03:51:21 PM
How many points did Beragh score from play? I would guess 3points and the 2nd goal came from a penalty.

Only giving my opinion but could you name some of these players, that should be starting Tyrone that are not on the squad?

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

McNally best club player in Tyrone i would say, but guessing county ship has sailed now. McNabb good club player, not a county player. O'Donnell also (isnt better than McShane/Bradley/Skeet/McCurry), Brennan been there before and will be on squad if he wants. Kilpatrickk probably will get a McKenna cup call up (but i would judge him against better opponent than Tattyreagh)

square_ball

Drumraghexile you're a great salesman for your club. Though you are right on this occasion great facilities. Sure it could even host your Ulster junior club quarter final instead of having to go to Healy Park.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 10, 2019, 04:19:24 PM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on September 10, 2019, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 10, 2019, 03:33:13 PM

Wee Roddy take carrickmore for example. I know there is cars parking on one side of the road but Jesus yous can accommodate a lot of cars in the car park and grass pitches beside it.

Aside from that Carrickmore creates a lethal atmosphere. the open side of Killyclogher is very mute in a game.

A very reasonable alternative is Clanabogan Park? a lot of parking, 5 pound in at the gate, fantastic facilities and a few free golf balls from the driving range lying on the pitch; you couldn't bate it. I remember years ago coaching there and they only had the steel huts, storage containers essentially. Great to see how far the club has came.

Although the ever sinking patch in the middle of the pitch could be a problem. However the games could be played on the pitch beside it, the training pitch - be able to take 2 games on it not a bother.

Driving range closed for a few years now.
Training pitch isnt full size.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

aqua_allsorts

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

I'd have to agree with DE here.

John Harkin
Eoghan Murray
Michael O'Neill
Emmet McNabb

Above players will all be in with a chance of a McKenna Cup call up for next year in my opinion.

Pmk1987

Quote from: aqua_allsorts on September 10, 2019, 05:12:42 PM

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

I'd have to agree with DE here.

John Harkin
Eoghan Murray
Michael O'Neill
Emmet McNabb

Above players will all be in with a chance of a McKenna Cup call up for next year in my opinion.

Would have to agree with all the above except have not seen much of J Harkin but have heard he is superb athlete. Conn kilpatrick looks a good player also, seen him playing for Tyrone u21 last season and was impressed. Brennan is tyrones mossy quinn (may aswell bring a fold up chair to games as does zero from open play) however he is by far best free taker in tyrone.

P.S it is great to have championship season back in full swing

Club boi

Junior:
Eskra V Errigal 3rds
Drumragh V Kildress
Kileeshil V Brockagh
Glenelly V Rock

Intermediate:
Pomeroy V Loughmacrory
Galbally V Aghyaran
Urney V Owen Roes

Moortown V Gortin