Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6629434 times)

HealyHellRaiser

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #40815 on: September 09, 2019, 10:48:04 AM »
Everyone saying its Trillicks to lose, Tyrone Championship is the most unpredictable championship about.
 Omagh, Errigal, Killyclogher, Coalisland, Carrickmore, Clonoe, Edendork and Trillick. Anyone of them 6 will have their eyes on progressing.

To call a winner and possible candidate in a run in Ulster is foolish. Yes the Tyrone winners could well make an impact in Ulster but there are too many variables to make a call.

All good games to look ahead to all the same!

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #40816 on: September 09, 2019, 11:45:55 AM »
Michael O Neill was v good, impressed with him last year also in the championship, must be worth a call up..cassidy and coney were good when on the ball, just weren't on it enough from an Ardboe perspective..Mulgrew v poor, offered nothing.
Hampsey doesn't look fully fit.
4 good Qfs to look forward to....still hard to call at the stage... Omagh Errigal winner will have a big say.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #40817 on: September 09, 2019, 12:26:20 PM »
Michael O Neill was v good, impressed with him last year also in the championship, must be worth a call up..cassidy and coney were good when on the ball, just weren't on it enough from an Ardboe perspective..Mulgrew v poor, offered nothing.
Hampsey doesn't look fully fit.
4 good Qfs to look forward to....still hard to call at the stage... Omagh Errigal winner will have a big say.

O'Neill looks county material when I've seen him. We have alot of half back options though as it is.

Jeremiah O

• View Profile
« Reply #40818 on: September 09, 2019, 12:27:47 PM »
Mulgrew should not have been playing yesterday.Was badly hampered with injury in the build up to the game,as were Michael O’Neill and Kyle Coney.
Coalisland the better and stronger team,our full back line struggled all night while our forwards particularly in the 2nd half gave up possession when on the attack.Disappointing night for the Rossa but best of luck to Coalisland moving forward.
Four really good games to look forward to.Would be swaying towards Trillick at this stage but will be keeping my money in my pocket!
Unconquered and unconquerable

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #40819 on: September 09, 2019, 12:32:10 PM »
Mulgrew should not have been playing yesterday.Was badly hampered with injury in the build up to the game,as were Michael O’Neill and Kyle Coney.
Coalisland the better and stronger team,our full back line struggled all night while our forwards particularly in the 2nd half gave up possession when on the attack.Disappointing night for the Rossa but best of luck to Coalisland moving forward.
Four really good games to look forward to.Would be swaying towards Trillick at this stage but will be keeping my money in my pocket!

Yeah it was hard to watch in the 2nd half now. In fairness Ardboe should have had a decent enough wee lead at HT but this is a Coalisland thing, they tend to kick on in 2nd half after looking average enough in the 1st.

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #40820 on: September 09, 2019, 12:35:08 PM »
everyone jumping on the trillick hype train after one game, comical. Not convinced as of yet. Aghyaran breezing past augher. Greencastle beating clogher in a very exciting last 10 mins - not to my surprise. Still have no idea how killyclogher won. what a weekend folks.   

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #40821 on: September 09, 2019, 12:37:36 PM »
Greencastle manager also summoning his inner Jurgen Klopp after the winning goal - the knee slide was worth the admission fee alone

Jimbop

• View Profile
« Reply #40822 on: September 09, 2019, 01:18:18 PM »
Clogher must be kicking themselves. Should never have lost that game.
Dromore were as bad as ive seen them. Was a very poor game to watch but fair play to trillick. Looked sharp but wouldnt be convinced on them just yet.

Drumraghexile

• View Profile
« Reply #40823 on: September 09, 2019, 01:43:00 PM »
great week of footballing action both championship and league. Aghaloo winning the junior league, only the third league in there history? although the sarsfields were beat this week, they were unlucky - it was a game of fine margins, a grain of rice would have tipped the scales in each team favours, but this week it was not to be unfortunately.

tyronerebel

• View Profile
« Reply #40824 on: September 09, 2019, 01:56:01 PM »
everyone jumping on the trillick hype train after one game, comical. Not convinced as of yet. Aghyaran breezing past augher. Greencastle beating clogher in a very exciting last 10 mins - not to my surprise. Still have no idea how killyclogher won. what a weekend folks.

i agree, not one mention about clonoe. lets not forget they gave that same Dromore team a walloping down in Gardrum park only a few weeks ago. I can see clone rattling Trillick with there physical power although skeet will be a massive blow aster picking up that injury... Aghyarans breeze could just stop when up against a very well organised Galbally team although i do see that going right to the wire. Greencastle have an upperhand on the winner of moortown/ gortin now anyhow when they have to play 3 times in 8 days.  KC men look to believe there run is over and and seem happy with their first round win by the way they celebrated on Saturday night.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:57:32 PM by tyronerebel »

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #40825 on: September 09, 2019, 03:36:29 PM »

i agree, not one mention about clonoe. lets not forget they gave that same Dromore team a walloping down in Gardrum park only a few weeks ago. I can see clone rattling Trillick with there physical power although skeet will be a massive blow aster picking up that injury... Aghyarans breeze could just stop when up against a very well organised Galbally team although i do see that going right to the wire. Greencastle have an upperhand on the winner of moortown/ gortin now anyhow when they have to play 3 times in 8 days.  KC men look to believe there run is over and and seem happy with their first round win by the way they celebrated on Saturday night.

I agree with that, Trillick still a lot to prove, Clonoe a dark horse in all of this i feel. Aghyaran and Galbally be a tight affair no doubt. Going by all the stories i seen on social media i thought Killyclogher won the oneill cup, only later to find out they got through the first round. Astonishing stuff.

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #40826 on: September 09, 2019, 03:43:37 PM »
Highlight for me was Coalisland getting a 52 seater bus for the 3.5 mile journey to Edendork

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #40827 on: September 09, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
Highlight for me was Coalisland getting a 52 seater bus for the 3.5 mile journey to Edendork

Plenty of cash round the 'island

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #40828 on: September 09, 2019, 03:50:00 PM »

Apparently they were away on the morning of the game doing a fartlek. Incredible sports team and even better people.

tyronerebel

• View Profile
« Reply #40829 on: September 09, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »

I agree with that, Trillick still a lot to prove, Clonoe a dark horse in all of this i feel. Aghyaran and Galbally be a tight affair no doubt. Going by all the stories i seen on social media i thought Killyclogher won the oneill cup, only later to find out they got through the first round. Astonishing stuff.

even started rubbing it into the Donaghmore lads face in omagh that night in sallys think it was started again by the lad that was mentioned on here a few weeks ago from pomeroy... GG.. mans making a name for himself! Young drayne and a few mates had to saved by the bouncers