Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6786955 times)

BIGONE

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #40680 on: September 02, 2019, 11:42:25 AM »
few red cards in the rock/aghaloo game i hear?

6 in total.

Rock 1 - 2 yellows
Aghaloo 5. One for 2 yellows and 4 straight reds. 2 of them were at the final whistle after rock scored last goal. goal scorer kicked ball of goalkeepers tee and the keeper and aghaloo full back lost the rag

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #40681 on: September 02, 2019, 11:57:10 AM »

6 in total.

Rock 1 - 2 yellows
Aghaloo 5. One for 2 yellows and 4 straight reds. 2 of them were at the final whistle after rock scored last goal. goal scorer kicked ball of goalkeepers tee and the keeper and aghaloo full back lost the rag

Stephen Donnelly, Ulster GAA, punched young Liam Nugent in the face.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 12:26:36 PM by GlenMan »

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #40682 on: September 02, 2019, 12:12:30 PM »
Why does it matter where he works?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #40683 on: September 02, 2019, 12:24:59 PM »
Who is the Galbally manager? John Moylan - is he a Galbally man or what's his background?

Cork man married and living in Galbally

Making quite the name for himself, interesting to see what way he gets on with them (assuming they are for senior either way at this stage).

BG_Gael

• View Profile
« Reply #40684 on: September 02, 2019, 01:49:00 PM »

6 in total.

Rock 1 - 2 yellows

Stephen Donnelly, Ulster GAA, punched young Liam Nugent in the face.

Aghaloo got some shock, they were talking Ulster and All Ireland's down there after the Drumquin game. Leaves junior very open now with realistically 4 teams in with a shout. Rock must be favourites though?

Jimbop

• View Profile
« Reply #40685 on: September 02, 2019, 02:50:49 PM »
It is a pity Aghaloo went out. They were move than capable of an all ireland tilt. Sadly i dont think any of those left are at that level.

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #40686 on: September 02, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »
Carmen most impressive team at the weekend and sets up a cracker against Edendork who once again appear to be putting a poor league campaign behind them at the right time of year. Omagh impressive too in a different way and again sets up a cracker against Errigal.
A lot of one sided games in Intermediate and it looks like it could be between Pomeroy and Galbally. What a game that could be. Could Cookstown or Stewartstown now slide into Junior?
Sounds like Rock stole if at the death. Bad week for Micky Donnelly who also lost out on Derry job. Opens up that championship though it could come down to another derby tussle between Kildress and Rock.

HealyHellRaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #40687 on: September 02, 2019, 03:39:24 PM »
I was at every game this weekend and it wasnt a good start to the Championship at all. Attendances were woeful due the fact of the awful times some of the game. Tatts v Edendork at 1pm on a Saturday, Holy lord who thinks of this stuff.

Owen Roes beat a brutal Stewartstown team
Errigal fell over the line against an Eglish team who if they took their chances could have caused an upset. (Shane Dorrity woeful as well btw)

Saturday games were a mixed bag Edendork very good, Omagh played well in snatches but still didnt kill Dungannon off until late on.

Cookstown were Rubbish awful stuff and Urney were slightly less shit.

Carrickmore beat a Derrylaughan team that lost their manager a few weeks ago. Bar Kennedy they had no threat at all. Carrickmore played well but will never get as much room to manoeuvre like they did yesterday.

Last nights games were not good either, bad crowd and in turn no programmes that were being handed out.

Pomeroy not good in the first half but decent going forward in the 2nd.

Galbally very sharp but beat a Strabane team missing 5 so i'm sure Galbally wont be letting their heads go yet. big games ahead this weekend few good derbys on the cards. I would say there will be decent crowds this weekend. Ardboe and Coalisland will be a hot and heavy affair along with Trillick and Dromore. Hard to call them!!

BG_Gael

• View Profile
« Reply #40688 on: September 02, 2019, 03:42:34 PM »
It is a pity Aghaloo went out. They were move than capable of an all ireland tilt. Sadly i dont think any of those left are at that level.

Quite a strange presumption. Surely the fact that they didnt make it past the 1st round in Tyrone would suggest they weren't?

Drumraghexile

• View Profile
« Reply #40689 on: September 02, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »
I was at every game this weekend and it wasnt a good start to the Championship at all. Attendances were woeful due the fact of the awful times some of the game. Tatts v Edendork at 1pm on a Saturday, Holy lord who thinks of this stuff.

Owen Roes beat a brutal Stewartstown team
Errigal fell over the line against an Eglish team who if they took their chances could have caused an upset. (Shane Dorrity woeful as well btw)

Saturday games were a mixed bag Edendork very good, Omagh played well in snatches but still didnt kill Dungannon off until late on.

Cookstown were Rubbish awful stuff and Urney were slightly less shit.

Carrickmore beat a Derrylaughan team that lost their manager a few weeks ago. Bar Kennedy they had no threat at all. Carrickmore played well but will never get as much room to manoeuvre like they did yesterday.

Last nights games were not good either, bad crowd and in turn no programmes that were being handed out.

Pomeroy not good in the first half but decent going forward in the 2nd.

Galbally very sharp but beat a Strabane team missing 5 so i'm sure Galbally wont be letting their heads go yet. big games ahead this weekend few good derbys on the cards. I would say there will be decent crowds this weekend. Ardboe and Coalisland will be a hot and heavy affair along with Trillick and Dromore. Hard to call them!!

suppose on the flip side of all that - the games can only get better?
im tipping na fianna and dromore to do the business this weekend.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #40690 on: September 02, 2019, 04:35:35 PM »

Tilt at the All Ireland Boxing by the sounds of it. Bundle of wankers.

Jimbop

• View Profile
« Reply #40691 on: September 02, 2019, 04:37:05 PM »
Dont think there can be any doubt that Aghaloo are head and shoulders above everyone else in Division 3. With cooler heads and a full compliment of players and they would have won that game without a doubt.

HealyHellRaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #40692 on: September 02, 2019, 04:40:37 PM »
Dont think there can be any doubt that Aghaloo are head and shoulders above everyone else in Division 3. With cooler heads and a full compliment of players and they would have won that game without a doubt.

Flip me such an analogy.

Sure if your granny had a c**k she would he your granda!

SG08

• View Profile
« Reply #40693 on: September 02, 2019, 04:42:17 PM »

With better players they could win the senior all-ireland too

valley19

• View Profile
« Reply #40694 on: September 02, 2019, 04:48:13 PM »
From a neutral point of view it was nice to see Aghaloo get beat. It makes the Junior Championship more open with 3/4 teams now with a big chance of winning it.

Galbally looking very impressive and going by last nights performance Pomeroy would not be beating them. If they avoid each other i reckon it will be a Galbally v Loughmacrory final.