Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6950159 times)

barelegs

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #40035 on: April 25, 2019, 04:17:12 PM »
Coming up to a 3rd of the season in after Fridays games.

D1
Just looking at the table the Derrylaughan/Donaghmore game looks to be a big one already for D'More. They are struggling. Eglish and Tattyreagh will need to get something, somewhere soon. Will the Tatts smell blood at home to Omagh? Could be interesting.

No surprises at the top, pretty much as you expected - the demise of Clonoe has been predicted for a few years now....they are still there, one last hurrah for some? Moy look to have the house in order after a bit of a scare last year.

How do you work that out? Derrylaughan have taken 3 points from Dromore, Coalisland and Trillick. They've Errigal this week. That could be the top 4 played already.

Donaghmore lost to Omagh and Dromore and drew with Trillick. I don't think either team will be too panicked at this stage.

Similarly Eglish have played some of the top teams already. They'll want to get points soon so they don't get cut adrift

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #40036 on: April 25, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »
Coming up to a 3rd of the season in after Fridays games.

D1
Just looking at the table the Derrylaughan/Donaghmore game looks to be a big one already for D'More. They are struggling. Eglish and Tattyreagh will need to get something, somewhere soon. Will the Tatts smell blood at home to Omagh? Could be interesting.

No surprises at the top, pretty much as you expected - the demise of Clonoe has been predicted for a few years now....they are still there, one last hurrah for some? Moy look to have the house in order after a bit of a scare last year.

How do you work that out? Derrylaughan have taken 3 points from Dromore, Coalisland and Trillick. They've Errigal this week. That could be the top 4 played already.

Donaghmore lost to Omagh and Dromore and drew with Trillick. I don't think either team will be too panicked at this stage.

Similarly Eglish have played some of the top teams already. They'll want to get points soon so they don't get cut adrift

If you start off bad in 1, with a small enough panel. It's not easy to turn the tide....we've all seen clubs get into the quick sand that shouldn't be there but when morale goes down etc.

No insult to either club nor any bias towards them. I'm just surprised to see both there considering how they went last year - but, who knows....time to go yet.

Eastie

• View Profile
« Reply #40037 on: April 27, 2019, 03:14:45 PM »
Eglish Not going well, 5 losses from 5, Few big absences from the team. Many losing patience, maybe lucky tatts are here in the long run, although they are above us atm. How did clarkes and dork game go? Heard there was abit of a row

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40038 on: April 27, 2019, 03:36:59 PM »
We rescued a point from a goal straight from a 20m free deep into injury time. We had a very poor start to the game but came storming back in last 15. We're now second by ourselves with Galbally out in front on 10 points.

Galbally will be the team tonight. They fairly put the brakes on Clogher's fine start to the year. Hammered them last night.

Other stand out results were Pomeroy being held by Strabane and Beragh taking a point against Moortown.

SkillfulBill

• View Profile
« Reply #40039 on: April 27, 2019, 10:52:45 PM »
General question here what is the feeling about the level of referring  in the county. My understanding is that we have lost a number of referees to other counties this year and I would wonder what the general feeling is for the level of officiating this year.Given that we have lost what is in my mind a couple of decent refs over the last few years.

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #40040 on: April 27, 2019, 11:43:21 PM »
General question here what is the feeling about the level of referring  in the county. My understanding is that we have lost a number of referees to other counties this year and I would wonder what the general feeling is for the level of officiating this year.Given that we have lost what is in my mind a couple of decent refs over the last few years.

We had a fella from killyclogher (not sure of his name) refereeing our game on Friday night who was awful. He kept Strabane in the game with frees. 11 of their 12 points game from frees, the majority of them soft. One of the frees he gave was inside the box and should it have been deemed a free it was a penalty but apparently he said ‘it was too soft to be a penalty’. Frustrating!

referee

• View Profile
« Reply #40041 on: April 28, 2019, 01:38:48 AM »
Beragh beat the moortin

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40042 on: April 28, 2019, 08:26:19 AM »
Beragh beat the moortin

Just noticed my error. Meant to say "Beragh taking the points."

TF15

• View Profile
« Reply #40043 on: April 29, 2019, 04:52:25 AM »
Realistically we'll keep losing referees as our treatment of them in Tyrone and in the GAA as a whole is very poor. It's an extremely difficult job where generally management are barking constantly from the sideline and 30 players in some form or another are trying to con the referee in some regard. I've done it myself, everyone has. Whether that's as blatant as exaggerating contact to win a free or calling a sideline ball for your team when you know it's not actually yours. Generally they all try their best, most of the time it probably is substandard. However, because of our treatment of referees you generally will scare off many potential candidates.

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #40044 on: April 29, 2019, 08:58:35 AM »
Realistically we'll keep losing referees as our treatment of them in Tyrone and in the GAA as a whole is very poor. It's an extremely difficult job where generally management are barking constantly from the sideline and 30 players in some form or another are trying to con the referee in some regard. I've done it myself, everyone has. Whether that's as blatant as exaggerating contact to win a free or calling a sideline ball for your team when you know it's not actually yours. Generally they all try their best, most of the time it probably is substandard. However, because of our treatment of referees you generally will scare off many potential candidates.

Its a thankless task. Yes there are some poor referees but the abuse they get from the sideline and stands is a disgrace. I actually find the majority of players generally are not too bad.

I do always question the mentality of  the morons in the dugout roaring abuse at the ref. If I was a ref and was getting dogs abuse from a particular team I would take great delight in awarding the next 50:50 (or 70:30) call against them! I certainly would not be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Wee Roddy

• View Profile
« Reply #40045 on: April 29, 2019, 10:47:18 AM »
This is the problem as far as I can see. Some idiot in the crowd who goes to 3 matches a year shouts at a referee and the referee then makes 30 lads and management suffer by wasting a whole years training on 1 decision, perhaps evening meaning a manager is asked to step down.
Generally the standard of refereeing is ok but there are two referees who i know when i see them coming to Carrickmore I know we will have a tough afternoon, and this just isn't right.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #40046 on: April 29, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
Some display by Darragh kavanagh yesterday. Kicked 1-13. Would have been interesting to see him get a bit of county football to see if he up to it.

The Bearded One

• View Profile
« Reply #40047 on: April 29, 2019, 12:03:31 PM »
He's not.
It is what it is. Presumably.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #40048 on: April 29, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »
He's not.
and you would know this because?

TyroneOnlooker

• View Profile
« Reply #40049 on: April 29, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »
He's not.
and you would know this because?

Daire Kavanagh is a good club footballer and would start in every club team in the county but he's not a county footballer. I have seen him on several occasions against top level club and county defenders and he doesn't get the better of them. No shame in that, he'll still terrorise most defenders he plays against in div 2 and nothing wrong with being classed as a good club player but just below county standard.