Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6333722 times)

Frank_The_Tank

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #39735 on: January 06, 2019, 11:50:07 AM »
Scored 2.09 yet Hackett was still given MOTM. He reminds me a lot of Aidan McCarron from Fintona a few years back. Scored plenty in the league for the club yet just was nowhere near that level of a county player. So much so that he sought a transfer to play within another county. Given the past of DK it wouldn't surprise me if he tried something similar ;D . All joking aside I would not argue he is their main scoring threat but IMO Finbar McQuaid is the standard bearer in that Augher team and Cassidy (when fit) would have been similar.

He was MOTM in those first 3 championship games in the Tyrone Hearld.  And anyone who was at the SF would be in no doubt he was MOTM although Conor was excellent on the day as well.  Agree with you about Cas unfortunately just a career blighted with injuries.  I think Finbar should have def got a McKenna cup trial at one point..excellent man to man marker which Tyrone weren't blessed with at one point.  McKernan now is great option for that role.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
« Reply #39736 on: January 06, 2019, 03:54:05 PM »
Scored 2.09 yet Hackett was still given MOTM. He reminds me a lot of Aidan McCarron from Fintona a few years back. Scored plenty in the league for the club yet just was nowhere near that level of a county player. So much so that he sought a transfer to play within another county. Given the past of DK it wouldn't surprise me if he tried something similar ;D . All joking aside I would not argue he is their main scoring threat but IMO Finbar McQuaid is the standard bearer in that Augher team and Cassidy (when fit) would have been similar.

He was MOTM in those first 3 championship games in the Tyrone Hearld.  And anyone who was at the SF would be in no doubt he was MOTM although Conor was excellent on the day as well.  Agree with you about Cas unfortunately just a career blighted with injuries.  I think Finbar should have def got a McKenna cup trial at one point..excellent man to man marker which Tyrone weren't blessed with at one point.  McKernan now is great option for that role.

McQuaid a quality operator and definitely worthy of a shot over the past 6 or 7 seasons. I've been wrong before but I just don't think Kavanagh is anywhere near that standard, an interesting way to look at it would be, if McQuaid (who was not seen as County standard) were to be marking him then I would fancy him to get very little change off him.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #39737 on: January 07, 2019, 07:50:30 AM »
Any truth that Loughmacrory have a new recruit in from Killyclogher?

Heard this aswel, massive addition for on and off the field!!!

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #39738 on: January 07, 2019, 08:18:48 AM »

Name?

Heard that Cookstown have lost a good few players to Pomeroy too.

Maor Uisce

• View Profile
« Reply #39739 on: January 07, 2019, 09:57:14 AM »
Both those players have shown consistent quality in Div 2 over the years. Again had they been playing for a senior team they definitely would have merited a trial/McKenna cup campaign. I could make the same argument for majority of intermediate teams, with their top 2/3 players being there or thereabouts. But that path is closed for too many adult footballers in Tyrone. It is just a lazy recruitment/development policy imo.

I think the idea of a Junior intercounty team would be brilliant but something tells me the purse would be firmly closed on that one.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #39740 on: January 07, 2019, 10:30:55 AM »

Name?

Leo Meenagh

The Golden Years

• View Profile
« Reply #39741 on: January 07, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »

Explain what you mean by off the field?  Leo's best days are well and truly over.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #39742 on: January 07, 2019, 02:45:23 PM »

Explain what you mean by off the field?  Leo's best days are well and truly over.

Yes best days are over him but to bring a man like this into a young Lough team is massive, experience and guidance from him and attitude is second to none
As for how they will benefit off the field?
Firstly im sure Leos children will now play for Loughmarory?
Secondly the work and history that the Mennagh family have brought to KC for years with the running of the club/coaching of youngsters/fund raising, there one of those familys that every club has and you need etc etc etc
This now id imagine is gone and buried with KC and Loughmacrory will now benefit from this!!

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #39743 on: January 07, 2019, 06:04:44 PM »

Yes best days are over him but to bring a man like this into a young Lough team is massive, experience and guidance from him and attitude is second to none
Secondly the work and history that the Mennagh family have brought to KC for years with the running of the club/coaching of youngsters/fund raising, there one of those familys that every club has and you need etc etc etc
This now id imagine is gone and buried with KC and Loughmacrory will now benefit from this!!

Is this all to do with the mess from last year that was mentioned on twitter?

NotedObserver

• View Profile
« Reply #39744 on: January 07, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »

Name?

Are these in the starting 15 players?

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #39745 on: January 08, 2019, 09:26:49 PM »
Fionntamhnach any truth one of your club men is taking the Eskra job?

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #39746 on: January 08, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »
Sorry twouptwodown, but their is nobody in augher team close to kavanagh. Scored 2-9 in champ semi final and averaged close to 7 points a game over 15 league games. I'm not sure if he proper county standard but deserved a crack at trials or Mc Kenna cup.

Augher, Clogher, Fivemiletown. I'm prepared to offer them to Fermanagh or Monaghan. Nothing beyond the Ballygawley roundabout.

allezlesbleues1904

• View Profile
« Reply #39747 on: January 10, 2019, 01:41:55 PM »

He has been one of the top club forwards since 2001. Multiple club championship and all Ireland winner. Senior League winning captain. The brother was the first captain in the club's history to lift the ONeill Cup. Absolute joke the way his family have been treated by the club. A family that owe the club nothing and have been responsible for making the club enjoy its best days both on and off the field in recent years.  The current committee have a lot to answer for running the whole facade. The recent AGM was a total embarrassment for the club members both old and new. This has really split the club the past number of years to the point where people don’t goto matches or get involved with teams otherwise would be accused of taking sides. Travesty that a player of this quality and stature feels forced to play his football elsewhere when really should be continuing to wear lesbleues jersey he gave many special days in. Wouldn’t blame the siblings, cousins and next generation throwing their lot in elsewhere given how shamefully the club executive handled this in ostracizing the family. Perhaps the chosen few can discuss this at tonight's meeting!!!!

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #39748 on: January 10, 2019, 04:29:34 PM »
Still got to the county final last year TBF.

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #39749 on: January 10, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »

He has been one of the top club forwards since 2001. Multiple club championship and all Ireland winner. Senior League winning captain. The brother was the first captain in the club's history to lift the ONeill Cup. Absolute joke the way his family have been treated by the club. A family that owe the club nothing and have been responsible for making the club enjoy its best days both on and off the field in recent years.  The current committee have a lot to answer for running the whole facade. The recent AGM was a total embarrassment for the club members both old and new. This has really split the club the past number of years to the point where people don’t goto matches or get involved with teams otherwise would be accused of taking sides. Travesty that a player of this quality and stature feels forced to play his football elsewhere when really should be continuing to wear lesbleues jersey he gave many special days in. Wouldn’t blame the siblings, cousins and next generation throwing their lot in elsewhere given how shamefully the club executive handled this in ostracizing the family. Perhaps the chosen few can discuss this at tonight's meeting!!!!

That's saying alot without saying anything.