Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 5830533 times)

redzone

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #38040 on: July 03, 2018, 11:12:52 PM »
The more you hear from posters the more it seems that it might have actually happened. Imangine someone actually needed that ambulance and died because it wasn't available because someone called it to get a game called off. Police should be involved if it turns out that it's true. Aboulste disgrace to the club if he did that

Quarterback

• View Profile
« Reply #38041 on: July 03, 2018, 11:40:30 PM »
Was in Galbally last night not sure how bad keeper was..The way Gavin Devlin run across the field and got the length of the keeper makes me very suspicious... Gavin Devlin did not cover himself in glory in my opinion... 90 per cent of the Ardboe team and management where home at the tea before the ambulance ever arrived.. disappointing behaviour..

What’s disappointing about looking out for your own players welfare?
[/quote

Devlin weren’t too worried about his players welfare!!! He was in his car on the way down the road.  He also instructed his players to tog in within mins after the incident had happened.  The county board need to make a statement here - cheating can not be tolerated.

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #38042 on: July 04, 2018, 12:03:31 AM »
Was in Galbally last night not sure how bad keeper was..The way Gavin Devlin run across the field and got the length of the keeper makes me very suspicious... Gavin Devlin did not cover himself in glory in my opinion... 90 per cent of the Ardboe team and management where home at the tea before the ambulance ever arrived.. disappointing behaviour..

What’s disappointing about looking out for your own players welfare?
[/quote

Devlin weren’t too worried about his players welfare!!! He was in his car on the way down the road.  He also instructed his players to tog in within mins after the incident had happened.  The county board need to make a statement here - cheating can not be tolerated.

As with most other issues on here this is getting out of hand very quickly.

Bendyerback

• View Profile
« Reply #38043 on: July 04, 2018, 12:13:29 AM »
The more you hear from posters the more it seems that it might have actually happened. Imangine someone actually needed that ambulance and died because it wasn't available because someone called it to get a game called off. Police should be involved if it turns out that it's true. Aboulste disgrace to the club if he did that

“Police should be involved”

Wise up.

That’s a bigger issue.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #38044 on: July 04, 2018, 09:21:21 AM »
I was just looking at Ardboe results there - why did they not try this ‘cheating’ against Donaghmore or Derrylaughan when they were getting well beat? Or maybe horse rang Mickey at half time and asked him what he should do? Some of you lads have too much time in your hands coming up with conspiracy theories! God love youse!

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #38045 on: July 04, 2018, 10:13:49 AM »
It didn't happen against other teams because the opportunity didn't arise. If it did happen it was a spur of the moment of madness from one person, not preplanned. Bigtogs was at the game and I'm sure his version isn't wrong.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #38046 on: July 04, 2018, 10:25:24 AM »
I dunno it all sounds a bit far fetched to me with certain posters on this board happy to stick the boot into Gavin Devlin and/or ardboe.

sam03/05

• View Profile
« Reply #38047 on: July 04, 2018, 10:37:45 AM »
They did the same thing against Coalisland a couple of years back & against Cookstown in a minor semi final that’s three times in about 5 years - very dubious

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #38048 on: July 04, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »
They did the same thing against Coalisland a couple of years back & against Cookstown in a minor semi final that’s three times in about 5 years - very dubious

What? They got games abandoned when ambulances were called for injured players? Genuinely didn’t know that.

DEL

• View Profile
« Reply #38049 on: July 04, 2018, 11:01:55 AM »
It’s cheating. Pure and simple. Disgraceful for a club to stoop so low. Not sure what county board can do. Will depend on referees report and if Ardboe left pitch without referee telling them. Honestly it’s the lowest action I’ve heard off in a long long time.

outsideoftheboot

• View Profile
« Reply #38050 on: July 04, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »

It happened last year was it against coalisland in ardboe start of the league? Genuienly couldn't see this being planned, seems too far fetched. I'm sure ardboe will try fulfil the replay later in the year when tyrone season is over so that they have M Cassidy and DD Mulgrew back playing. I suppose only fair when playing against galbally who lose no players anyway.

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #38051 on: July 04, 2018, 01:13:33 PM »
99% of the Ardboe players and management where gone within half an hour or less from the game was stopped.... i did not know at the time how bad the keeper was and still do not know but i would hazard a guess he is not too bad.... as a neutral it looked really bad when the game  was stopped the way Gavin conducted himself....only my opinion... it also is off my opinion Ardboe should not be playing Galbally in a starred game.... Galbally will be sick as they had the game won Ardboe where never going to come back from 11 points down...

The Golden Years

• View Profile
« Reply #38052 on: July 04, 2018, 03:07:24 PM »
I remember Kildress pulling a similar stunt against us in a league semi final back on ‘06 (I think it was ‘06)).The player who the ambulance had to come for was out partying in the glenavon that night. That game had to be replayed with Kildress getting a bigger tanking than they were getting the first day.

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #38053 on: July 04, 2018, 03:40:05 PM »
I remember Kildress pulling a similar stunt against us in a league semi final back on ‘06 (I think it was ‘06)).The player who the ambulance had to come for was out partying in the glenavon that night. That game had to be replayed with Kildress getting a bigger tanking than they were getting the first day.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!  ::)

The Golden Years

• View Profile
« Reply #38054 on: July 04, 2018, 06:33:12 PM »

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!  ::)

I think you will find this story is fact!!