Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on October 18, 2007, 04:56:45 PM
Derrytresks finest hour, they created Errigal ciaran 1sts.  Only for them Carmen woudl have won 12 out of the last 14 titles.

Thank God for Derrytresk :D :D :D

clarshack

come to think of it it might have been a 19 team division 3 in 1990 as dunamanagh were still about then as well.

rrhf

How did Canavan play against the Windmill?

clarshack

my memories not that good but i'll bet he was sore after it!

Aaron Boone

Why's there so many more teams in East Tyrone than in the West? It can't be just more population in the East.
Omagh only has 3, yet the smaller Coalisland has arguably 4 (Brackaville, Coalisland, Clonoe, D'tresk).

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

dont forget stewartstown is part of coalisland parish.

Aaron Boone

Name the other club in Trillick parish?

tyrone86

tyrone86

I wouldn't just be 100% sure of that league table Norf Tyrone. To my recollection Windmill hadn't won a game for a few years before they packed up.

Aaron Boone

Correct on Coa.

Here's an interesting map of Fermanagh clubs :
http://fermanagh.gaa.ie/page/fermanagh_clubs.html

However, it's nowhere near the fab quality of the map of Tyrone clubs on the Tyrone GAA website.

orangeman

Some of you lads have great recall - all that stuff about Errigal is very interesting - Errigal have got a lot better in the interim - Derrytrest hadn't a bad team this year but lost a lot of players to USA - it crippled them - surely this USA thing should be looked at again ?

clarshack

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 18, 2007, 10:35:04 PM
I wouldn't just be 100% sure of that league table Norf Tyrone. To my recollection Windmill hadn't won a game for a few years before they packed up.

that league table would be correct. i think the windmill got some new players in 1990 for one last go at it and ended up winning quite a few games (compared to the previous years anyway) before packing it in.

clarshack

Quote from: tram on October 19, 2007, 10:52:27 AM
I see that Noel McGinn managed to get one over some people but in doing so had to cut short celebrating Dromore's win on Sunday night. The following day three educational directors from Belfast turned up at the school where he's the principal in Greencastle for a "meeting" where from what I was told wasn't much said or done. And it wasn't planned too.

Call me cynical, but why did these directors come all the way from Belfast on Monday to do nothing of real note?

seems a bit fishy alright!

healypark

surely this USA thing should be looked at again ?

Been here before a long time back but been a casual browser since. Always enjoyed the exchanges. In agreement with Orangeman re US. A thing close to the heart this summer with a few students going. And will probably continue to be a trend whilst newer pastures are explored. Our present senior team is very young.  Cant fault them, all been there.

To keep these guys (i.e. excellent club players but not there at county level yet) over the summer whilst the county is going well, believe need to alter the championship format for all grades. Need to make club football more attractive esp c'ship. Cant remember if discussed before here. Always thought tyrone's championship format of straight knock-out was the best around, but not now.

Our season make or breaker was 1st round against Coalisland. Won that likely it would have been more difficult for those guys to head to the States whilst the club was still in the c'ship. Then again maybe not. Probably the same for a few other clubs with c'ship openers.

Re format thinking along the lines 4 groups of 4/5 teams across all grades. Top 2 in each qualify for quarter final. Possible open draw then after. With fewer league games next year then this should be possible. If not a change in format, then look at starting the championships later in the summer (again dependent on tyrone's progress). Probably not feasible. Or else a 2 year trial version. Just hope next season we're not in a group of death for the intermediate c'ship!!!