Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6000323 times)

Tyrone95

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #37575 on: May 13, 2018, 09:31:05 PM »
Just hearing the news about Greencastles mark carson, Heard he had to be air lifted to hospital which is never a good sign. Hoping for a full recovery for him!

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37576 on: May 13, 2018, 09:57:37 PM »
He was talking and responsive before being airlifted but looks to be a really nasty injury. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #37577 on: May 13, 2018, 09:58:00 PM »
Did Sean Cavanagh not play for the Moy today because he was on the Sunday Game?
Living the dream!!!

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #37578 on: May 13, 2018, 10:11:56 PM »
Heard about the Edendork/Clonoe incident, surely there will have to be sanctions, it happens far too often and wasn't it last year that Daisy ended up in hospital after a dangerous hit from behind and now Barton ends up in hospital!!
Also wasn't it Clonoe and Dromore who battered lumps outa each other aswel! Im not picking on Clonoe here im just naming a few incidents that come to my mind!
Has it really come to the stage where men leave their home for a game and end up in hospital after on field fights, sooner or later someone is going to end up really bad in hospital from a blow to the head and we can't say we haven't seen it coming!

Cant say its not been comin!!
Speedy recovery to Mark Carson, up in Belfast at the minute getting brain scans I heard, The Lough player shudnt be allowed to play the sport again as i heard it was a disgusting act, i hope he's proud of himself tonight, I hope the County board come down hard on him!!

omagh_gael

• View Profile
« Reply #37579 on: May 13, 2018, 10:49:42 PM »
I was at game and Sludden didn't even give a free for initial incident which I think was the injury. Not 100% sure that was the exact cause of the injury though as I had taken my eye off the play for a second. A full on brawl started after that but Mark was still down from initial incident.

Archie53

• View Profile
« Reply #37580 on: May 13, 2018, 10:51:55 PM »
Just got this message
Loughmacrory boy and Greencastle boy were pulling at each other and boy from loughmacrory hit Carson off the ball knocked out cold. And it wasn't his ponytail that did it.

TheWaterBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #37581 on: May 13, 2018, 10:58:00 PM »
I was at game and Sludden didn't even give a free for initial incident which I think was the injury. Not 100% sure that was the exact cause of the injury though as I had taken my eye off the play for a second. A full on brawl started after that but Mark was still down from initial incident.

No mention of the loughmacrory supporter jumping the wire and striking a Greencastle player? this is totally unexceptional and the individual & club should be punished for this.

omagh_gael

• View Profile
« Reply #37582 on: May 13, 2018, 11:04:42 PM »
I was at the other side of the pitch and didnt see that. No excuse for that at all.

Regarding the strike, I think it was in play, as In not a strike from behind. Open to correction on that though as so much was going on.

Jeremiah O

• View Profile
« Reply #37583 on: May 13, 2018, 11:25:33 PM »
Ardboe management doing a good job.Lost 5 or 6 players due to emigration and retirements But they’ve won 4 from 6 so far.
A lot of tough games to come though but I would say the aim for the next couple of years will be to retain division 1 status and bring some new talent through.
Unconquered and unconquerable

mountain4sam

• View Profile
« Reply #37584 on: May 14, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »
Also at the game in Greencastle, it was actually the lough lines man that told the ref what happened, and then the red card was issued! hopefully the lough as a club will deal with the player and the lad that jumped the wire. Hoping Mark makes a full recovery 

omagh_gael

• View Profile
« Reply #37585 on: May 14, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »
Also at the game in Greencastle, it was actually the lough lines man that told the ref what happened, and then the red card was issued! hopefully the lough as a club will deal with the player and the lad that jumped the wire. Hoping Mark makes a full recovery

Did you see when the injury occurred? Was it the incident that occurred in play that led to the melee or was it during the melee. Nearly certain it occured in play.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #37586 on: May 14, 2018, 09:01:21 AM »
Hard to know what to make of that incident.

As someone said there was so much happening it was impossible to see everything.

Didnt see the actual punch as was following the play

Referee cant see everything on the pitch - about time players took responsibilities for their behaviour on the field.

As for the boy that jumped the fence - the club need help responsible if he is a member

mountain4sam

• View Profile
« Reply #37587 on: May 14, 2018, 09:07:28 AM »
Happened in open play, late strike after the ball was played, the ref waived play on, then the melee started. the lad that jumped the fence played in the res' game before hand, so would say he's a member. will the Lough take action???? will they sweep the whole thing under the carpet and say its one of them things? if I'm a betting man, id put a £5'er on the res' player starting the next game, and the senior player back doing what he does best after his 1 match ban! 

Bendyerback

• View Profile
« Reply #37588 on: May 14, 2018, 09:24:11 AM »
When is the Draw for the Championship?

outsideoftheboot

• View Profile
« Reply #37589 on: May 14, 2018, 09:36:56 AM »
When is the Draw for the Championship?

I believe this Thursday along with the championship team being named for sunday? now that they have a club championship sponsor they can make the draw.