Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Dromore could do well in Ulster club. Didn't The Loup won it few years back after their first Derry championship? Mayobridge won't fancy coming to Healy Park. Likely be in Casement the next game after that, no matter who wins through.

orangeman

86 - Since you're defending the fixtures situation, can you tell me how one club can get fixtures off and others can't ? Why is that ? I can give you plenty of examples of clubs who were able to games off - I'm not getting at individuals here but if some clubs can get games off, then everybody should benefit - fair enough ?

And why is it that Tyrone ( who by the way do an awful lot of excellent work in other areas ) continue to make a shambles of fixtures - eg. why is the under 21 competition starting on 17th November ? Our under 21s ( and indeed the other teams as well ) started training for this competition in July and when there was no sign of it, they gave up at the end of September -  why have a fixture list if you can't stick to it ? One was published at the start of the year and it may as well have been torn up ? We agreed with Cookstown to play each other last weekend just to get the matches wrapped up - we contacted co. board - guess what ? we weren't allowed to - guess what else ? Cookstown are playing two matches this weekend - one under lights on Friday night and one on Sunday along with all the rest ! So it certainly seems to depend on who is doing the asking -

RSEULT - A TOTAL FIXTURES SHAMBLES THAT CAN'T BE DEFENDED NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY !

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on October 15, 2007, 11:42:12 PM
86 - Since you're defending the fixtures situation, can you tell me how one club can get fixtures off and others can't ? Why is that ? I can give you plenty of examples of clubs who were able to games off - I'm not getting at individuals here but if some clubs can get games off, then everybody should benefit - fair enough ?

I can't tell you why they get them off. But I personally think, short of a death of a player, a committee member or a member of their immediate family (i.e living in the same house), there should be a no postponement policy, just like the youth fixtures. At least that way everybody knows where they stand.

QuoteAnd why is it that Tyrone ( who by the way do an awful lot of excellent work in other areas ) continue to make a shambles of fixtures - eg. why is the under 21 competition starting on 17th November ? Our under 21s ( and indeed the other teams as well ) started training for this competition in July and when there was no sign of it, they gave up at the end of September -  why have a fixture list if you can't stick to it ? One was published at the start of the year and it may as well have been torn up ?

If you want to talk about a shambles look at last years u21 competition. Half the teams withdrew because of fixture congestion and it was played at the height of summer. It's a case of you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. It's ok for the big clubs that have the numbers and haven't that big a crossover between Minors / u21 and u21/senior. Lets look at our near neighbours in Derry and Armagh - neither have their U21 Championships played either. In fact, I can remember a few Armagh u21 championship finals that where played in the January/ February of the following calender year. I don't think we have it that bad regarding fixtures. It's been worse in the recent past.

QuoteWe agreed with Cookstown to play each other last weekend just to get the matches wrapped up - we contacted co. board - guess what ? we weren't allowed to - guess what else ? Cookstown are playing two matches this weekend - one under lights on Friday night and one on Sunday along with all the rest ! So it certainly seems to depend on who is doing the asking -

RSEULT - A TOTAL FIXTURES SHAMBLES THAT CAN'T BE DEFENDED NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY !

If the Cookstown v Ardboe game is a refixture then that's unacceptable and they should have let you play it. If it's part of the upcoming programme of fixtures and it can have a bearing on the relegation playoffs then they've every right not to let you play it. Surely you can see in that context all teams have to be treated equally.

tyrone86

Before I get accused of it, I would like to point out I'm not Mickey McGoldrick, Aodhan Harkin, Cathal Daly or anyone else on the CCC  ;D

phpearse

Easy game for Beefy to referee, although he did make a very good job of any decisions he had to make. I think he is one of the best referees in the county, talks to the players, doesn't get fooled for the handy free and will take the necessary action if a player crosses the line (although Orangeman may disagree after lining a few Ardboe players). Unusual for a county final that not one yellow card was issued and I think only 1 player got a tick. Kinda shows how poor the Coalisland performance was that they didn't even put up a bit of a fight.

Rossa

Game was over by half-time and the second half was like a challenge match. Fair play to Dromore they've been threatening for a few years and deserve their breakthrough. Coalisland are a good young team but not ready yet. They have a lot of potential up front with most of their forwards still under 21. Their day will come though Carmen, Errigal, Ardboe and a few others will have something to say about that.

Deal_Me_In

86 if you don't think that the fixtures are a shambles, take a look at division3. My club (Beragh) have 7 senior and 9 reserve games left to play having player 4 senior and 2 reserve league games in the previoue 2 1/2 months (yes i know the championship has affected this but not that much). Now even if we play a game every weekend the league woni't be completed until the 2nd Dec for Seniors and 16th for Reserves and thats not even taking into consideration the free weekend because of the odd number of teams, the fixtures are a complete joke.

orangeman

Honestly 86 I can't see how you can defend the ixtures and say we're not that bad - we're pathetic - that's how bad we are !

Over the Bar

QuoteDromore fully deserved their win as they were awesoe but my question was : are Dromore really 10 points a better side than Coalisland ? Are Kildress ( based on their performance against Dromore ) a better side than Coalisland ?

Orangeman you cannot make any comparisons between league & championship.  Crossmaglen lose league games every year so what does that mean when it comes to Championship?  Diddly squat.

tyrone86

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on October 16, 2007, 10:04:57 AM
86 if you don't think that the fixtures are a shambles, take a look at division3. My club (Beragh) have 7 senior and 9 reserve games left to play having player 4 senior and 2 reserve league games in the previoue 2 1/2 months (yes i know the championship has affected this but not that much). Now even if we play a game every weekend the league woni't be completed until the 2nd Dec for Seniors and 16th for Reserves and thats not even taking into consideration the free weekend because of the odd number of teams, the fixtures are a complete joke.

Junior football in Tyrone has always seemed to have been treated with dubious respect by those in the higher echalons of Tyrone football. But answer me this, how come Newtownstewart, one of the few sides in the Division with a county man, have more games played than any other side? If Errigal 3rds hadn't been allowed to enter the league (and I don't think they should but I digress) Newtownstewart would be finished their programme this weekend if you take into account the earlier free weekend. Clogher, Drumragh and Glenelly would also be on the verge of finishing their campaigns. There's certainly a problem this year but I think it's fair to say that as soon as the fate of the league title is established you'll not see any more junior games played. The 16 team leagues (or 17 in your case) should solve all fixture problems next year.

Porky

Alot of the problems with adult fixtures imo is a result of the ability and attitude of the people involved in their organisation.
It is frightening that some of these people will be moving on to higher positions!!
From my experience there appears to be a much more commonsense and club friendly approach to fixtures at youth level within the county. On any occasion this past couple of years that we have needed to move an underage game it has never been a major problem.
I'm sure Youth fixtures are also difficult to organise as well??

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on October 16, 2007, 10:29:12 AM
Honestly 86 I can't see how you can defend the ixtures and say we're not that bad - we're pathetic - that's how bad we are !

When clubs insist on having county players available for as many games as possible delays are an inevitable result. You'll find we're in as good a situation as most other counties. I've saw many articles in counties that asks how are we able to get the games played in Tyrone when they're struggling to do it?

Any points I've made you want to refute directly or is a sweeping "we're pathetic" as articulate as it gets?

loughshore lad

Quote from: Rossa on October 16, 2007, 09:45:56 AM
Game was over by half-time and the second half was like a challenge match. Fair play to Dromore they've been threatening for a few years and deserve their breakthrough. Coalisland are a good young team but not ready yet. They have a lot of potential up front with most of their forwards still under 21. Their day will come though Carmen, Errigal, Ardboe and a few others will have something to say about that.

Welcome to the board Rossa, judging by your handle are you an Ardboe man?

orangeman

Let's not be pedantic about the language used on the board 86 - we may not all be as articulate as you - buty being articulate doesn't get the fixtures mess sorted out - just deal with the issue that you're so desperately trying to defend - fixtures in Tyorne senior football are a shambles - I can give you examples of how clbs are treated differently and you know that I'm right and no amount of excuses can rectify this position -

oneillcup2007

Could you not just post under the handle Tyron times ;)