Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 5853041 times)

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #37035 on: March 12, 2018, 04:03:41 PM »
Really? Heard it was just Audi Kelly. Also heard he's off to a certain Derry club who've recently lost their management team. talks!

Audi Kelly for Slaughtneil? Is that a serious suggestion?

This is what I heard. Not sure how reliable it is. But why would he leave Moy at this late stage? Something has to have turned his head. It definitely wasn't this bullshit line about managing against Edendork. It's not like they were promoted last weekend....

If it comes off its a huge promotion for him and likely be a huge financial gain.  I still wont believe it until its confirmed, I just thought Slaughtneil would be pitching a wee bit higher and that without disrespecting Audi Kelly who has been successful but lacks consistency and isn't proven at the top level when given the opportunity.
Living the dream!!!

Stall The Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #37036 on: March 12, 2018, 04:04:56 PM »
I'm fairly sure that it was the other half of the Moy management team that was Slaughtneil's preferred option.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #37037 on: March 12, 2018, 04:14:05 PM »
Really? Heard it was just Audi Kelly. Also heard he's off to a certain Derry club who've recently lost their management team. talks!

Audi Kelly for Slaughtneil? Is that a serious suggestion?

This is what I heard. Not sure how reliable it is. But why would he leave Moy at this late stage? Something has to have turned his head. It definitely wasn't this bullshit line about managing against Edendork. It's not like they were promoted last weekend....

If it comes off its a huge promotion for him and likely be a huge financial gain.  I still wont believe it until its confirmed, I just thought Slaughtneil would be pitching a wee bit higher and that without disrespecting Audi Kelly who has been successful but lacks consistency and isn't proven at the top level when given the opportunity.

I don't believe it either if I am honest. Time will tell. But it's a strange one nevertheless.

Degrassi Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #37038 on: March 12, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
I'm fairly sure that it was the other half of the Moy management team that was Slaughtneil's preferred option.

That does seem a little bit more plausible. For Moy to lose their management team at this stage of the year could be very damaging or maybe not......
Pomeroy were in a similar pickle last year, started poorly, changed management again & it didnt work out not too bad for them in the end. 3 management teams in the one calendar year! Was that a first?

Stall The Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #37039 on: March 12, 2018, 06:06:02 PM »
Yeah, think its common enough knowledge to most that Gavin McGilly was the brains behind the operation in Moys All-Ireland success. Not sure if both are away, but would be a huge blow to Moy at this stage of the season.

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #37040 on: March 12, 2018, 07:48:39 PM »
Yeah, think its common enough knowledge to most that Gavin McGilly was the brains behind the operation in Moys All-Ireland success. Not sure if both are away, but would be a huge blow to Moy at this stage of the season.

NB Gav,

Easy decision, All Ireland Winner, Stocks are high, going to struggle in Division 1, Leave a Legend...... Simple

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #37041 on: March 12, 2018, 09:56:21 PM »
 ;D  ;D  ;D Nice one Gav  8)

Audi wouldnt be a legend in the Moy, spoke to a few fellas who say they have washed their hands off him. Still waiting on this big announcement from Slaughtneil wonder did he answer their Twitter add. Im not believing it.
Living the dream!!!

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #37042 on: March 12, 2018, 10:28:28 PM »
Audi done an incredible job with the Not, why can't you just accept that  :-\

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #37043 on: March 12, 2018, 11:19:50 PM »

I do accept that (if that comment was directed at me), what the management and team achieved last year many clubs can only dream off. I was only saying, hes left a sour taste in the Moy based on the 2 fellas I know in the side. Im also of the opinion Slaughtneil will be aiming higher with a proven manager at the top level.
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #37044 on: March 13, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »

I do accept that (if that comment was directed at me), what the management and team achieved last year many clubs can only dream off. I was only saying, hes left a sour taste in the Moy based on the 2 fellas I know in the side. Im also of the opinion Slaughtneil will be aiming higher with a proven manager at the top level.

Is the whole Moy management team gone?? I heard turn outs for training was low and Kelly warned them a couple of weeks ago turn outs did not improve and he said he was not hanging about with a team/club who want to except relegation....dont eat me just heard that this morning....

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #37045 on: March 13, 2018, 12:14:48 PM »
All appears not to be well.  I see P. Jordan has tweeted his support for Audi Kelly.  I've now heard several stories firstly Kelly didn't want to compete against Edendork (Balls) second that Audi Kelly was for Slaughtneil (Again I'm not convinced of that) Third that there are a few of the older fellas decided to call it a day and significantly weakens the starting 15 (Possible) and now its that training numbers are low (Possible).  Would they be a reason to walk away so close to the beginning of a new season after appearing to commit?  Play the hand you're dealt.  Are people expecting Moy to win an O'Neill cup? I wouldn't think so.  Are people expecting them to be relegated? (now probably yes).

Time will tell if he rocks up at a new club this season then he's had a better offer or sits if he this year out waiting on a big job to come because he wasn't the fella to take the Moy down but the fella to win an All Ireland.
Living the dream!!!

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #37046 on: March 13, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »
If Audi was offered Slaughneil he would be mad not to accept.

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #37047 on: March 13, 2018, 02:22:57 PM »
Derry thread says its bull

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #37048 on: March 13, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »
From what I heard there is zero substance behind the Slaughtneil story.
People are putting 2 + 2 and getting 17.

Numbers are well down at training which I feel will mean they will have a poor start to the league and get relegated.

Hard to motivate yourself i guess after the win they had considering the age profile of many of the players

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #37049 on: March 13, 2018, 02:49:22 PM »
From what I heard there is zero substance behind the Slaughtneil story.
People are putting 2 + 2 and getting 17.

Numbers are well down at training which I feel will mean they will have a poor start to the league and get relegated.

Hard to motivate yourself i guess after the win they had considering the age profile of many of the players

Its not an unusual occurence. Horse Devlin won intermediate championship with us in 2011 and left sighting that he couldn't manage against Ardboe   ::)

I was more of thinking that he didn't think we'd stay up it would be a blemish on a good start to management.