Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Omagh v Dromore be a tasty final game imo.

Moortown Spuds

Looks like Cookstown are bound to be in the play offs.

4 points against their neighbours  :o :o :o

Club boi

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 21, 2017, 12:27:09 PM

I dont think there will be too many tears around the county if Cookstown go down

TabClear

Quote from: Club boi on August 21, 2017, 03:02:11 PM

I dont think there will be too many tears around the county if Cookstown go down

Except for in the likes of Dregish, Glenelly and the rest of the Junior Clubs!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TabClear on August 21, 2017, 04:38:25 PM

Why?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 21, 2017, 04:41:14 PM
Quote from: TabClear on August 21, 2017, 04:38:25 PM

Because Cookstown would win Junior at a canter

Why?

HalfBack7

Errigal and Coalisland into the league play offs, with a few teams still in the hunt to join them.
Greencastle relegated at the weekend. With both Strabane and Urney both going into the relegation play offs, will be some craic at that game.

In division 2 it's still tight at the top. Derrylaughan have a tricky away trip for their final game while Aghyaran should have enough to beat the Lough at home. Eglish also keeping the pressure on the top two.
At the other end of the table Eskra relegated at the weekend, big shock there considering it wasn't so long ago they won the Intermediate Championship and were playing Division 1 ball.
With Rock and Castlederg still to play eachother in the final game the loser will be in the play off, with most likely Cookstown as I can't see them getting anything off Eglish. Especially after the weekends poor performance.

In division 3 it looks to be all Owen Roes. Can't see them being caught at this stage. Expect them to do the double this year, so a lot of teams left fighting for second place and the automatic promotion spot.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: HalfBack7 on August 21, 2017, 05:39:39 PM
Errigal and Coalisland into the league play offs, with a few teams still in the hunt to join them.
Greencastle relegated at the weekend. With both Strabane and Urney both going into the relegation play offs, will be some craic at that game.

In division 2 it's still tight at the top. Derrylaughan have a tricky away trip for their final game while Aghyaran should have enough to beat the Lough at home. Eglish also keeping the pressure on the top two.
At the other end of the table Eskra relegated at the weekend, big shock there considering it wasn't so long ago they won the Intermediate Championship and were playing Division 1 ball.
With Rock and Castlederg still to play eachother in the final game the loser will be in the play off, with most likely Cookstown as I can't see them getting anything off Eglish. Especially after the weekends poor performance.

In division 3 it looks to be all Owen Roes. Can't see them being caught at this stage. Expect them to do the double this year, so a lot of teams left fighting for second place and the automatic promotion spot.
Rumour has it Cathal McShane injured his shoulder in an inhouse game. Potentially dislocated but never heard for definite if thats true.
If Tyrone get beat on Sunday and the championship gets run off Owen Roes could struggle in the championship without him.
Fancy Derrytresk for the championship with or without McShane anyway.

WT4E

Was happy with the result yesterday after a frustrating enough season it's good to be safe with 1 game to go.

Performance was good but have to say was surprised how bad cookstown have gotten since i last saw them. Not that that makes me in anyway unhappy!  ;D

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on August 21, 2017, 09:20:50 PM

Was happy with the result yesterday after a frustrating enough season it's good to be safe with 1 game to go.

Performance was good but have to say was surprised how bad cookstown have gotten since i last saw them. Not that that makes me in anyway unhappy!  ;D
+1

clarshack

Quote from: HalfBack7 on August 21, 2017, 05:39:39 PM

Derrylaughan will beat Augher handily enough in the last game.

I suppose no-one is officially relegated until they are dumped out of the championship.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: driveherin on March 09, 2017, 10:26:49 AM
JUST AN OPINION...... ::)

SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP: DROMORE
SENIOR LEAGUE: DROMORE

INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONSHIP: EGLISH
INTERMEDIATE LEAGUE: AGHYARAN

JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP: TATTYREAGH
JUNIOR LEAGUE: OWEN ROES/BROCKAGH

Now the leagues are almost at an end time to post the championship predictions.  A lot of people do this pre season but now that everyone has seen the strength of each club a chance to assess I'm wondering if there is much change in the predictions. (example above)

Senior: Dromore
Intermediate: Dungannon
Junior: Derrytresk
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Senior: Clonoe
Intermediate: Eglish
Junior: Owen Roes

Wee Roddy

Senior: Coalisland
Intermediate: A toss up

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 22, 2017, 01:27:37 PM
Senior: Coalisland
Intermediate: A toss up

No doubt Division 2 is a toss up!!!  Looking at the league there is no one dominant side, its so close
Living the dream!!!