Quote from: redhandefender on April 27, 2017, 10:16:18 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on April 27, 2017, 09:00:29 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on April 27, 2017, 08:21:01 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on April 27, 2017, 07:42:57 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on April 26, 2017, 02:24:20 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on April 26, 2017, 12:07:57 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on April 26, 2017, 09:12:19 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 25, 2017, 02:53:46 PM
I never see any club games any more as live in Dublin but from the games played so far are there some teams moving away from the overly defensive systems and lining out more traditionally?

I think you are buying in to the southern media fella, some big teams might employ that against certain teams they need to stop and certainly some teams will still play with a sweeper if needs be but I don't think it has ever been a widespread thing in tyrone. Games I have seen have all been enjoyable.

Are you deluded?  We played Pomeroy, Killyclogher and Strabane to date and everyone one of them used very defensive systems.  Its leaving games hard to watch.

Deluded in what sense? How do you know what games I have watched. Pomeroy are only up of course they were gonna try go defensive, strabane had just been destroyed the week before so had to go defensive I don't know about killyclogher. I always found your games hard to watch to be fair, they are generally more about brute strength and defence than football

Your deluded to the fact that you think that the defensive systems used in Tyrone football is a myth created by the southern media. Watch Tyrone play for start, they play defensive system. A lot of clubs play it to because they think it will get them success but all it will do is create a poor spectacle with the stronger team still winning. You also contradict yourself by first stating that some big teams use it when they need to stop certain teams but when I mentioned teams that we played which are not classified as the big teams that play defensive you say that they have to use it. No team has to play that way. Also respect people's opinions with out giving a remark trying to get a response. It shows your level of intelligence. You just go and watch this entertaining football. It would suit you better if you could even tells us what or where these games are and maybe we could have an intelligent discussion on these.

Firstly I didn't say they were a myth, maybe read my comments. I said sweepers were being used but not all the time. Secondly, I have not seen a match where a club set up the way tyrone currently do unless they are in complete desperation. I would imagine as they don't have the players to break like that.

Fair enough, what I meant to say was some teams use it to stop big teams, I may have got that the wrong way around.

Fella if you go look at the Division 1 league table after 3 games, Carrickmore have scored less than anyone in the entire league in fact its 4th lowest in the entire county so I am not surprised you are having a cry. Maybe go see another club this weekend

Do I sense I touch of envy in your posts? And there is you trying to prove your intelligence by using stats. As the famous quote goes "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Envy of what? Being from Caaaarmen hi boy lol. Its football lad, I have a life outside it, I go to games some are good some are bad its not all doom and gloom (unless you are a carrickmore fan) by the looks of it.

Show me the lie in what I said? I provided figures and provided you with empathy for your current plight.

You used the Donald Trump school of retorts!

when you're a trillick reserve it doesn't take much to entertain
ah here.... leave our Reserves out of this :)

Man Marker

Would rather watch a club championship game in Tyrone then Derry, some seriously class games the past few years and I think it has to do with up to 5 teams could realistically win it. makes for some serious competition.

Fuzzman

Jaysus lads ease off on the aul quotes there. Half the page is being repeated.

I don't think I'm any the wiser after all that. A few seem to think teams do play a bit more open but by the sounds of things a lot of games have sweeper if not two and even underage teams play the same.
Fair enough of teams get men behind the ball when they're not in possession but do most club teams line up like the county team with 13 or 14 men behind their own midfield or 40?

redhandefender

I can confirm that they don't against trillick reserves, I can see from the bench

The Golden Years

Quote from: redhandefender on April 27, 2017, 10:16:18 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on April 27, 2017, 09:00:29 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on April 27, 2017, 08:21:01 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on April 27, 2017, 07:42:57 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on April 26, 2017, 02:24:20 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on April 26, 2017, 12:07:57 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on April 26, 2017, 09:12:19 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 25, 2017, 02:53:46 PM
I never see any club games any more as live in Dublin but from the games played so far are there some teams moving away from the overly defensive systems and lining out more traditionally?

I think you are buying in to the southern media fella, some big teams might employ that against certain teams they need to stop and certainly some teams will still play with a sweeper if needs be but I don't think it has ever been a widespread thing in tyrone. Games I have seen have all been enjoyable.

Are you deluded?  We played Pomeroy, Killyclogher and Strabane to date and everyone one of them used very defensive systems.  Its leaving games hard to watch.

Deluded in what sense? How do you know what games I have watched. Pomeroy are only up of course they were gonna try go defensive, strabane had just been destroyed the week before so had to go defensive I don't know about killyclogher. I always found your games hard to watch to be fair, they are generally more about brute strength and defence than football

Your deluded to the fact that you think that the defensive systems used in Tyrone football is a myth created by the southern media. Watch Tyrone play for start, they play defensive system. A lot of clubs play it to because they think it will get them success but all it will do is create a poor spectacle with the stronger team still winning. You also contradict yourself by first stating that some big teams use it when they need to stop certain teams but when I mentioned teams that we played which are not classified as the big teams that play defensive you say that they have to use it. No team has to play that way. Also respect people's opinions with out giving a remark trying to get a response. It shows your level of intelligence. You just go and watch this entertaining football. It would suit you better if you could even tells us what or where these games are and maybe we could have an intelligent discussion on these.

Firstly I didn't say they were a myth, maybe read my comments. I said sweepers were being used but not all the time. Secondly, I have not seen a match where a club set up the way tyrone currently do unless they are in complete desperation. I would imagine as they don't have the players to break like that.

Fair enough, what I meant to say was some teams use it to stop big teams, I may have got that the wrong way around.

Fella if you go look at the Division 1 league table after 3 games, Carrickmore have scored less than anyone in the entire league in fact its 4th lowest in the entire county so I am not surprised you are having a cry. Maybe go see another club this weekend

Do I sense I touch of envy in your posts? And there is you trying to prove your intelligence by using stats. As the famous quote goes "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Envy of what? Being from Caaaarmen hi boy lol. Its football lad, I have a life outside it, I go to games some are good some are bad its not all doom and gloom (unless you are a carrickmore fan) by the looks of it.

Show me the lie in what I said? I provided figures and provided you with empathy for your current plight.

You used the Donald Trump school of retorts!
Envy of the success that we have had, although if you are from Trillick then youse have had your own fair share of success down the years.  I never said you telling lies.  The quote is saying that stats dont tell the whole truth and people read to much into them and miss whats is actually happening in front of their eyes. people use statistics to bolster weak arguments. The only stat that counts is the one on the scoreboard at the end of the game.

ThreeStones

Pretty sure he's not from Trillick.... we rarely have a reserve bench!

redhandefender

I am not quoting the entire thing again but the only "stat" I used was in respect of your score which is the score on the board at the end of the game. End of 3 games to be precise. I have no issue with carrickmore just trying to wind you up.

All I was saying that I have encountered teams going as defensive as the county team often with 2 sweepers and 14 in own half. I have watched a couple of enjoyable games this year and sweepers have been involved at times

Wee Roddy

Carrickmore have played 3 games this year.
Pomeroy had 2 sweepers
Killyclogher set up very defensively and Strabane parked the bus. It is more prevalent than you think

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 27, 2017, 05:21:00 PM
Pomeroy had 2 sweepers
Killyclogher set up very defensively and Strabane parked the bus. It is more prevalent than you think

Carmen also set up with 2 sweepers against us, what's your point. Carmen are a defensively minded team.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on April 27, 2017, 07:20:03 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 27, 2017, 05:21:00 PM
Pomeroy had 2 sweepers

Carmen also set up with 2 sweepers against us, what's your point. Carmen are a defensively minded team.

We didn't set up with 2 sweepers. There is a difference between when our half backs sit in front of our fullback line because there the half forwards they are marking are sitting in front of their fullback line. Our setup was determined by our opponents tactics. Not once this year has carrickmore set out to bring forwards back to permanently sit in front of their fullback line

leenie

Div 1 a lot more defensive than div 2

Golden years what's your prediction for carmen the year ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

southtyronegael

watched omagh v clonoe in champ first round last year and was shocked by how negative and defensive both were. short kick outs and running game from both teams. 3 years previous both team played great attacking football and won county titles doing so. same players and management on both sides but style of play had changed fundamentally. and not for the better.

The Golden Years

Quote from: leenie on April 27, 2017, 09:27:19 PM
Div 1 a lot more defensive than div 2

Golden years what's your prediction for carmen the year ?

i honestly think if Brendan McLaughlin comes home when he says he is and mark Donnelly continues his good form then we will be there or there abouts. Seamus Seams to have the lads back enjoying their football and it's great to see some of last years minor team getting game time. My concerns would be our lack of ability to break a packed defense but hopefully this something they are working at in training and come the business end of the season with will have a solution.

Club boi

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 27, 2017, 09:57:47 PM
watched omagh v clonoe in champ first round last year and was shocked by how negative and defensive both were. short kick outs and running game from both teams. 3 years previous both team played great attacking football and won county titles doing so. same players and management on both sides but style of play had changed fundamentally. and not for the better.

This could easily be said about most teams setting up now but 100% agree. Defensive set ups don't suit these 2 teams in particular and both have failed to produce the same form since retracting into a defensive shell. If poster above is correct and Clonoe went 15 on 15 last week and demolished Killyclogher then why don't they go out more often like this?? Question Clonoe Posters!!

tothetop03

Quote from: Club boi on April 27, 2017, 10:32:16 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 27, 2017, 09:57:47 PM

This could easily be said about most teams setting up now but 100% agree. Defensive set ups don't suit these 2 teams in particular and both have failed to produce the same form since retracting into a defensive shell. If poster above is correct and Clonoe went 15 on 15 last week and demolished Killyclogher then why don't they go out more often like this?? Question Clonoe Posters!!

Done it the last 2 games hope it continues win loose or draw... but i suppose the opposition dictate sometimes how you set up...our best 2/3 games last year was v carrickmore league and champ...easy on the eye no mass defenses...