on the sideline

Quote from: leenie on April 24, 2017, 11:17:16 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 24, 2017, 08:35:51 AM
Did the Cavanagh's play against Eskra?

I was wondering the same

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 24, 2017, 03:23:42 PM
Quote from: WT4E on April 24, 2017, 02:54:53 PM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on April 24, 2017, 01:34:06 PM
This thread has gone to the dogs. Let's keep the harte bashing, name a player who isn't on the county panel that should be etc on the county thread.

I don't know about the rest of you but on the club thread i want to hear about club discussion. We're 3 matches into the leagues and not too many comments about any of the games.

Who looks like they're going well in Div1? Clonoe's win over Killyclogher would be viewed as an upset.
Donaghmore with two out of three have started well.
Coalisland don't look as strong this year.
Looks like it could be a difficult year for Greencastle and Strabane.

In Div 2, Eglish are the early pace setters with Dungannon and Derrylaughan a point behind. I think it'll be these 3 along with Augher in the mix come end of the year.
Kildress have dropped down a division and seem to be struggling a bit, 2 bad losses.
Cookstown also on the end of a bad loss yesterday, will they be in relegation trouble?

In Div 3, Derrytresk have started well and look most likely to challenge Tattyreagh and Owen Roes.
I see Stevie O'Neill lined out in midfield for CNG the other week. What kind of shapes he in?

Div 2 hard to read so far - surprised to see Moy get defeated by Eskra this week after a good start - anyone any reports on this game

All clubs have points on the board in Division 2. It's a very competitive Division, it shouldn't be a shock to see Eskra win.  The Moy were a mid division side last year that were knocked out 1st round of the championship.  Eskra probably wouldn't be happy with the start they made to the league  but at the same time I don't think would fear any other side in the Division.

Yes both Cavanaghs played yesterday and Eskra deservedly won the game. I think any Moy posters would agree with that.

square_ball

Yeah Division 2 very tough to call this year. Stewartstown are my dark horse for the championship few players back, a good u21 team coming through and a manager who knows how to get a team outta the division. What way are things shaping up this year Clarshak?

Division 3 is definitely between Owen Roes, Tatts and derrytresk. A lot of pressure on the Tatts after last year I fancy them to win either or both. Although derrytresk probably have the best forward in the division so wouldn't rule them out.

ONeill

Hill v Owen Roes in a couple of weeks is the El Classico of the Junior
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southtyronegael

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 24, 2017, 12:03:01 PM
Quote from: toby47 on April 24, 2017, 11:54:20 AM
Saw a video of Danny McNulty kicking a 65 yard free kick off the ground for Clonoe yesterday. Looks to be exactly what Tyrone are crying out for

You see a guy kicking 1 free over the bar and this is what tyrone are missing ? Where is the substance behind this Toby47 ?
do you actually watch any football seanmc123 or are you fixated on following mickey hartes cult? ur dismissal of players just because mickey doesnt have them on the panel is sickening

leenie

Aye div 2 is extremely open .. hard battles in it.. bit early to say but I'd be inclined to think top 4 could be (in no particular order) augher , eglish, moortown, dungannon. I reckon green castle and strabane are going to find div 1 very hard this year.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

southtyronegael

augher goin very well. would be unbeaten only for sean cavanagh show in round 2. must say ive found the clubs games so far very enjoyable. a great tonic after watchin the county muck. the mark has be an excellent rule and teams seem to be really usin it to their advantage.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2017, 09:57:41 PM
augher goin very well. would be unbeaten only for sean cavanagh show in round 2. must say ive found the clubs games so far very enjoyable. a great tonic after watchin the county muck. the mark has be an excellent rule and teams seem to be really usin it to their advantage.

Hmm, teaminamillions from Augher and southtyronegael showing a keen interest in them also. Is this the first chink in the armour ;)

southtyronegael

apparently im from derry or fermanagh so hard to say.

driveherin

Div 1 could still be any one of 6/7 teams on an given day.... Carmen apparently going well and could cause a few shocks.
Div 2 will be like a few said...Eglish, Augher, Moy....be very surprised if anyone else comes through.
Div 3 will be between Tatts and Owen roes.....there isn't a defender in the division fit for Cathal McShane and Tatts currently have 3 tyrone u21s...hard to look past either!! They play this weekend so will be interesting to see who prevails....

seanmc123

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2017, 09:44:00 PM
Saw a video of Danny McNulty kicking a 65 yard free kick off the ground for Clonoe yesterday. Looks to be exactly what Tyrone are crying out for

You see a guy kicking 1 free over the bar and this is what tyrone are missing ? Where is the substance behind this Toby47 ?
do you actually watch any football seanmc123 or are you fixated on following mickey hartes cult? ur dismissal of players just because mickey doesnt have them on the panel is sickening
Danny McNulty got his chance with Tyrone didnt take it. Carrying to much weight and not sharp enough for county football. Im afraid a lot of people will tell you  !

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 25, 2017, 08:27:46 AM

Danny McNulty got his chance with Tyrone didnt take it. Carrying to much weight and not sharp enough for county football. Im afraid a lot of people will tell you  !
That's a pity. He was a great prospect. I remember him destroying cathal mc carron in a county final a few years ago when cathal was in his prime

tothetop03

He got one game v Antrim was dropped the next week not developed nor did our glourious managemnet try to develope him as he would not fit into the defensive system.... which suits us fine garvaghy regeme could ruin a natural forward if they had him long enough....

toby47

Quote from: In hiding on April 25, 2017, 09:09:28 AM

That's a pity. He was a great prospect. I remember him destroying cathal mc carron in a county final a few years ago when cathal was in his prime

In the 2013 county final he scored 1-3, and I remember him winning a ball and laying it off to PJ Lavery (I think) for another goal in the same game. Caused Carrickmore all sorts of problems. Then kicked 0-4 vs Ballinderry in the first round of ulster. Ballinderry went on to win ulster.

He has definitely deserved a chance with Tyrone. and by a chance I don't mean one McKenna cup game 

seanmc123

Quote from: tothetop03 on April 25, 2017, 09:16:28 AM

He got one game v Antrim was dropped the next week not developed nor did our glourious managemnet try to develope him as he would not fit into the defensive system.... which suits us fine garvaghy regeme could ruin a natural forward if they had him long enough....

Get your head out of the sand, the best forwards in the county are on the county panel. Same goes for people saying Lee brennan is the answer and when Lee does get a shout and doesn't cut it you will move onto someone else.

The best men are playing and on the panel, waken up sunshine and smell the roses

toby47

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 25, 2017, 09:30:51 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on April 25, 2017, 09:16:28 AM

Get your head out of the sand, the best forwards in the county are on the county panel. Same goes for people saying Lee brennan is the answer and when Lee does get a shout and doesn't cut it you will move onto someone else.

The best men are playing and on the panel, waken up sunshine and smell the roses

Lee Brennan is on the panel, and your saying he's not good enough. But then you say the best forwards are on the panel?

Make your mind up. Any supporter writing off a very promising 20/21 year old is complete poison.