Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

QuoteOn paper, it's hard to look past The Rock but Palor McNulty has taken more teams out of Junior Football than any other man in the county.

Is that a fact Tyrone?

I know he took, Beragh, Urney (At least once) and Owen Roes out of div 3....Newtown as well?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

dodo

Quote from: who shot jr on September 27, 2007, 02:24:11 PM
I heard the nally stand was opening this weekend in carrickmore. Is there anywhere I could find out more about this? Apparently there is a big over 35 derby match between carrickmore and errigal ciaran. I bought a development ticket off a carmen man in ahurry the other nite. He reckoned both canavans, the quinns and other former greats from ballygawley were playin as well as the gormleys, loughrans,mc callens and ronan mcgarrity from carrickmore. that is something id pay good money to see again. any information anyone?

The big match is Carrickmore vs Balla @ 3.30 on saturday. Balla is the home club in Mayo of P.W. Nally.

who shot jr

I think it would pull a great crowd. I used to love goin to see the great battles between the two teams in the mid 90's. The passion and commitment was
different class and pulled bigger crowds than the present club games. I wonder will there be a few men with an old score to settle, i doubt it.
From what i hear both sides would have great time for other but will still want to win. I might make a night of it and stay for the barbecue as well!

Onion Bag

Well lads, Just wondering when is the Junior and intermediate finals on in Tyrone, Im from Armagh
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Norf Tyrone

They are this Sunday in Healy Park OB.

2pm and 4pm respectivelly.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

orangeman

Any predictions on the league games being played on Saturday ? Will the league table bcome any clearer come Saturday night ?

oneillcup2007

Some interesting debate about the Errigal and carmen over 35s.  To save you paying in just watch a video of last years county final..

oneillcup2007

The Errigal and carmen was good if you were from Errigal and Carrmen but not really for anyone else.  In the early days both teams didnt know how to behave on a football field, and allthroughout their rivalry they ground good foorball teams into the ground.  As for crowds there was more at the Fianna V Donaghmore last Sunday than there was at last years county final, and this years county final will be a record.  Anyone who wants to see a bundle of auld done men take a hand out of each other see the Nally stand opening.  Anybody wants to see  the new and traditional powers that be in Tyrone football go to this years county final.  I know which one ill be going to..     

oneillcup2007

Just to conclude I  would like to say how done these teams are, no one will ever fear Errigal and Carmen again.

orangeman

That's a bit over the top O'Neill cup 2007 ! I wouldn't like to get Carmen or Errigal in the first round or any round next year ?

oneillcup2007

Id fear Ardbe with Brian Mc Guigan on more.  Errigal are done, and carmen are a good league team, I think the championship over the next few years is going to be more and more about the most skillful team winning it.  Thats why this year I fancy the Fianna. 

tyrone86

Unbelievable! Carmen a good league team? Errigal done? O'Neillcup, I'd suggest you look at the roll of honour of your namesake before coming out with statements like that.

oneillcup2007

I think you'll find that if you amagamate any clubs you will create success where there was none.  I have no respect for teams that play such bad football and thump off the ball to start rows etc, in order to wreck the oppositions dreams.
There will be a different name on the oneillcup2007.

Wee Roddy

Never thought i would say this but come on Dromore!!

The Errigal and Carmen players of that era should sell a few of their medals and buy thon Island boy a new Caravan.

Incidentally Carmen have got 13 players still playing who played in last years final. Basically the same team this past few years who played 15 championship games, losing 1 and coming within a bad refereeing decision of winning the 3 in a row. So thats the form of a good league team alright.

oneillcup2007

wee Roddy you have read it wrong.. It always too k the big men to scare of the others,  Brian and Fergal Gormley, ciaran Loughran,  Seamus Mc Callan,  all true greats of Tyrone club football, but the younger generation are i  no doubt are more suited to league football.  Even when Carmen had 2 in a row they still needed to bring on the oldstuff in last years final against Errigal to sort them out - the young guys arent good enough, not the same team at all.  .  The clubs will suffer for failing to give the young lads the opportunities they deserve.  Even if Dromore managed to beat Coalisland, I would put tham as a much better chamspionship winner that the last 2 winners,.