Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

If Pomeroy have any sense they will use this window to get a new management team in place by the start of January and in time for the AI semi final...........

driveherin

Truth is....Harte & O'Donnell don't believe they can take Pomeroy any further and fear relegation!! (I don't believe they will have this problem) Liam Donnelly was the same last year with Edendork. Its an easy way out......very bad form!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on December 07, 2016, 09:26:14 AM
Rouse for Dungannon is that true? Four clubs in four years - ridiculous industry management in club football in Tyrone has turned into

Has he had any success in his previous clubs?
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: driveherin on December 07, 2016, 09:47:43 AM
Truth is....Harte & O'Donnell don't believe they can take Pomeroy any further and fear relegation!! (I don't believe they will have this problem) Liam Donnelly was the same last year with Edendork. Its an easy way out......very bad form!!

That couldn't be further from the truth, there are too many average teams in the bottom half to be worrying about relegation. Obviously we're not going to be winning an O'Neill cup but there is definitely an opportunity to break into the top 8 with this team.

tothetop03

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on December 07, 2016, 11:47:09 AM

That couldn't be further from the truth, there are too many average teams in the bottom half to be worrying about relegation. Obviously we're not going to be winning an O'Neill cup but there is definitely an opportunity to break into the top 8 with this team.

Pomeroy.. i think should stay up easy if they dont lose the plot, Bearing in mind derrytresk Beat them in the championship last year they are capable of anything, I don think they have the defense to break into the top 8 just yet....but they could keep improving as they have a lot of young players....

Ty4Sam

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on December 07, 2016, 11:47:09 AM

Hhmmm!! Not sure about that statement. Pomeroy have struggled for years to get out of Intermediate football and now suddenly they are going to break into the top 8 in Tyrone. Staying up next year will be a good year for Pomeroy. I believe this coming year will probably be strongest Division 1 has been for a good few years.

The Trap

Tyroneforsam - who are the average teams that you think Pomeroy will not have to worry about? I presume you mean Urney, Donaghmore, Strabane, Edendork, Galbally, Greencastle and possibly Carrickmore............apart from one good year at Intermediate level what puts Pomeroy above these teams? It will be a lot tougher next year when they don't get the championship run are fighting with these teams to stay up........

Galer

Cant believe they have handed there notice.loyalty to errigal dont think that has anything to do with it more loyal to there cash flow than damaging there cv.only go places where there are certs to win.if they go to ballinderry they will get there year  ok,but wont get a second bderry on way down and outsiders dont last any longer than a season.rem james mc cartan

Galer

Sorry bit of a rant but cant believe that they would do that naive as that sounds but surely at some point some managers have to show loyalty go they not?

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: The Trap on December 07, 2016, 12:41:07 PM
Tyroneforsam - who are the average teams that you think Pomeroy will not have to worry about? I presume you mean Urney, Donaghmore, Strabane, Edendork, Galbally, Greencastle and possibly Carrickmore............apart from one good year at Intermediate level what puts Pomeroy above these teams? It will be a lot tougher next year when they don't get the championship run are fighting with these teams to stay up........

We've beaten all the teams you've named in recent years and I would count us a better side now than two/three years ago, so why not aim higher than staving off relegation! There does seem to be a growing trend that Harte and O'Donnell chase immediate success and when they think they can take club no further they call it a day. They've taken us to senior football, a feat no other man could manage so I suppose we should be grateful towards them for that.

WT4E

Gone are the days of the mighty men like Tony Scullion - I mind he took the tones the year after they narrowly avoided relegation to div 3 at the hands of Greencastle and got them back to back promotions through Div 2 - Div 1B and into the top league where we where competitive in the senior championship and even topped the div 1 league for a while one season.

Was in it for the love of it and I'd say he was only getting diesel money (red diesel at that)

Too many mercenaries about now! :(

on the sideline

I'd say that Pomeroy team, on their day with everyone available and playing the system they currently have, could beat Errigal at the minute.

Club boi

Quote from: maco on December 07, 2016, 12:44:57 AM
New Balinderry managers apparantly.

I thought I heard a man saying recently Ballinderry don't pay any managers so can't imagine the mercenaries going there

Who would want to touch them if they improve a team then jump ship almost immediately!!!

driveherin

You think Damien Barton, James McCartan etc.....managed ballinderry for the craic???