Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maco

I heard Barry Dillon was lined up as Cassidy's number 2, though not sure if that is confirmed.

allseasons

Surely if the players vote overwhelmingly for a change of management the present managers position is now untenable? Bit like yer man with the Galway hurlers a couple of years back

Jeremiah O

I think Barry Dillon's joining Liam Donnelly at Ballinascreen.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Club boi

Mikhailov

Quote from: Jeremiah O on November 11, 2016, 12:43:30 PM
I think Barry Dillon's joining Liam Donnelly at Ballinascreen.

Jeremiah O - you are obviously well connected by the sounds of it. Any other sound bites regarding the managerial merry-go-round?

Surely there have been some new appointments to date...or at least rumours of some!

Tyrone Gaa

What clubs are searching new management teams?  You would imagine that phone calls are being made all over the county sounding men out for the new season.
Living the dream!!!

leenie

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 10, 2015, 09:59:36 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on November 10, 2015, 08:51:25 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 09, 2015, 09:12:34 PM
No one in the O Rahillys wants him to leave, not just yet anyhow. 2 sen championships, two senior leagues , u21 Tyrone & Ulster championship. We have had half of our team changed since our first championship, with more introductions of young to ensure we compete at the top. Getting managers is easy, getting ones who deliver consistantly and develop a culture is a different story altogether.

I am sure that no one in Clonoe would wish Cassidy to leave but I heard there were a few dissenting voices earlier in the year about the style of football be coached and some Rahilly men thought it was too conservative and that the team were not allowed to play with freedom. I am sure they are all happy now that the ACL title is secured but IMHO I think that team has underachieved - they lost a county final and threw away a 7 point lead to Dromore a few years ago and have lost to Fianna twice in Championship football in recent years. They are a top team with a lot of quality players on the team and a lot of good youth coming also and will be about for a few years to come.

We could have won another one in 2011, we had the chance but we kicked an easy chance wide and lost it, Dromore took their chance and won, no complaints we had our chance. But I think you have to acknowledge that our county championship is very hard to win, no body has done back to back in a long time. You are being disrespectful to other championship winning teams like Omagh last year and Dromore in 2011 and Trillick winning it this year, but it has shown how any one of a number of teams could win it, and with straight knock out, and no back door and an silly very early first round where you have four league games of which you only have two games with a full panel, that leaves 1st round matches some what of a lottery,  if you have injuries like we had this year you are in big bother. All the other counties have back doors so the best teams will get a second chance if they mess up or have injuries to set the record straight.

I was looking for something on board and came across this from a year ago.. imagine a yr ago ppl were talking about clonoe and Cassidy and whether he should stay or go
I suggest next year we have a clonoe / loughshore thread

Anyway here's to a good weekend and the right results 🏐🙏
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 11, 2016, 02:36:44 PM
What clubs are searching new management teams?  You would imagine that phone calls are being made all over the county sounding men out for the new season.
There's a rumour doing the rounds that killyclogher might be needing a new management team next year

Timber Time

Unlucky again Norf at the final hurdle
Bit of boxing near the end?

Tyrone Gaa

A Conor McKenna inspired Eglish condemned Augher to Division 2 football.

Eglish v Urney for the last spot in Division 1
Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Timber Time on November 12, 2016, 04:20:30 PM
Unlucky again Norf at the final hurdle
Bit of boxing near the end?

Again being the word. Threw it away in fairness. Had themy on the ropes and let them off.

Don't know what you mean re the boxing.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tyrone Gaa

Pomeroy through to the Ulster Intermediate Final to face the Monaghan champions Donaghmoyne!!

Wish Pomeroy all the best
Living the dream!!!

longballin

Killyclogher overhyped after easy wins in last two games? Very comfortable for Slaughtneil

Ty4Sam

Any word on whether Conor McKenna will be playing in play-off final this coming Sunday? Regardless, I think Urney may cause a surprise here.