Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Yea pomeroy hard done by.......are most clubs not playing away at lads that age? Especially in reserves to make up numbers.......

delgany

The unfortunate thing is....Pomeroy  broke the rules.... played a 17 year old .....this rule has been widely discussed...so I'm not sure the club secretary was consulted about playing the young lad.... thems. The rules

In hiding

Quote from: WT4E on November 06, 2016, 08:48:00 PM
Extremely poor form from aghyaran re pomeroy complaint.

Wonder how players feel about winning be default??

Hope they get beat next day out - stupid rule IMO.
Maybe aghyaran had 17 year olds they wanted to play but didn't bacause it was against the rules

Moortown Spuds

It's a stupid rule. But they should have known better.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: delgany on November 06, 2016, 09:19:52 PM
The unfortunate thing is....Pomeroy  broke the rules.... played a 17 year old .....this rule has been widely discussed...so I'm not sure the club secretary was consulted about playing the young lad.... thems. The rules

Name me one team in tyrone that hasn't used a 17 year old in this years league or championship? I believe every club has! In fact a division one side used six 17 year olds in there recent reserve championship win!

The Trap

Will other clubs do the same as Aghyaran?

The Bearded One

So long as the 17 year old turns 18 before the end of the year then it isn't an issue. If they are still eligible to play minors next year then they shouldn't be playing. My own club hasn't broken the rule this year despite finding it a struggle to field reserve teams at times.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Club boi

Quote from: WBF on November 06, 2016, 04:11:34 PM
I see teamtalk have it up about being the final round of the league fixtures this weekend, anyone know the story with the Carrickmore and Killyclogher game that had been postponed! Won't make much difference to Carmen but could decide where killyclogher finish in the top 4!

I was talking to a Coalisland friend last night and they've heard Killyclogher will do a Kilcoo and Pull Out Of the League completely. Also said Cassidy wasn't on the line for Clonoe

Onthe40

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 06, 2016, 04:23:27 PM
Aghaloo defeat Derrytresk.

Sounds like some implosion by Derrytresk, 8 up middle of 2nd half and beat by a point...

tothetop03

Quote from: Club boi on November 07, 2016, 09:10:23 AM
I see teamtalk have it up about being the final round of the league fixtures this weekend, anyone know the story with the Carrickmore and Killyclogher game that had been postponed! Won't make much difference to Carmen but could decide where killyclogher finish in the top 4!

I was talking to a Coalisland friend last night and they've heard Killyclogher will do a Kilcoo and Pull Out Of the League completely. Also said Cassidy wasn't on the line for Clonoe

Strange that the two men who where "sacked" where on the line and the man who is staying wasn't..

WBF

Quote from: Club boi on November 07, 2016, 09:10:23 AM

Surely they will wait until after this weekend before deciding that?

The Sweeper.com

I see the 'giving' off points in Senior was in full flow yesterday with 2 very obvious ones!!

Although some that were 'given' were off no use to the recipients.

Relations between 2 neighbouring South Tyrone Clubs would certainly not have improved much as a result!!

DEL

Who's ref from Stewartstown did Strabane Errigal game?
Believe he gave an 'interesting' performance and had a new allstar tackle him about it after final whistle   >:(

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on November 07, 2016, 10:36:55 AM
I see the 'giving' off points in Senior was in full flow yesterday with 2 very obvious ones!!

Although some that were 'given' were off no use to the recipients.

Relations between 2 neighbouring South Tyrone Clubs would certainly not have improved much as a result!!

*of
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Ty4Sam

Quote from: leenie on November 03, 2016, 03:56:10 PM
Not knowledge your sources ...
( regarding arboe/Augher)

Turns out my 'sources' weren't far wrong!