Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Some craic for the loser of the county final next week to have to play a league game 2 days later
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

WBF

Quote from: time ticking away on October 17, 2016, 12:12:25 AM
Some craic for the loser of the county final next week to have to play a league game 2 days later

That's assuming that Healy park will be playable, could be a case off playing on Saturday then a league game on the Sunday!

Also the winning team will be playing an ulster quarter final possibly less than 24 hours later!

time ticking away

Nah the ulster club quarter finals are the following week
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Boghopper on October 16, 2016, 01:36:10 PM
I wonder would some Newspaper employ to talk shite? It sure would beat the 9 to 5. If the Moy beat Brackaville then clearly the rumours will be untrue. Sympathise with Na Fianna and Killyclogher they'll both be bitterly disappointed not to be playing today.

Boghopper you talk some shite, where do you hear that Moy are throwing Brackaville points??!! I have been told that Moy have not been trained since their championship exit so they will be there for the taking, if Brackaville have anything to offer.  Moy vs Stewartstown didn't happen at the weekend so I'm not sure of their strength and depth.  However I knowing people from Moy they have suffered at teams throwing points before and wont take to the field to lose a game.  The 15 selected will play to win the game.

I would say like other clubs at this stage they are fulfilling fixtures because of the drawn out process of this years fixtures. It makes me think that an early Championship round is no bad thing.  Something has to be done regarding the fixture calendar
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 17, 2016, 09:50:32 AM
I wonder would some Newspaper employ to talk shite? It sure would beat the 9 to 5. If the Moy beat Brackaville then clearly the rumours will be untrue. Sympathise with Na Fianna and Killyclogher they'll both be bitterly disappointed not to be playing today.

Boghopper you talk some shite, where do you hear that Moy are throwing Brackaville points??!! I have been told that Moy have not been trained since their championship exit so they will be there for the taking, if Brackaville have anything to offer.  Moy vs Stewartstown didn't happen at the weekend so I'm not sure of their strength and depth.  However I knowing people from Moy they have suffered at teams throwing points before and wont take to the field to lose a game.  The 15 selected will play to win the game.

I would say like other clubs at this stage they are fulfilling fixtures because of the drawn out process of this years fixtures. It makes me think that an early Championship round is no bad thing. Something has to be done regarding the fixture calendar

How would the early championship round help?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Regarding the Omagh pitch yes the CB has to take a lot of the wrap for the state of it but I would also share the blame with the St Enda's Club.  They have their grounds maintained for them by the CB.  Surely they should add the extra funds they may feel necessary to have a top quality home surface.  They are not so slow to be selling their HT draw tickets and the other fundraising they do.  Every other club have grounds maintenance costs St Enda's should be making that contribution to make sure the surface is the best in the county
Living the dream!!!

driveherin

2 county grounds - Omagh and Dungannon are the 2 worst pitches (surfaces) in the county.....seriously....correct me if i'm wrong....

driveherin

sorry...the Moy is up there too....

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 17, 2016, 09:53:50 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 17, 2016, 09:50:32 AM

I would say like other clubs at this stage they are fulfilling fixtures because of the drawn out process of this years fixtures. It makes me think that an early Championship round is no bad thing. Something has to be done regarding the fixture calendar

How would the early championship round help?

Then the league would keep on rolling without the 6 week gap or however long its been.  The argument for the late championship was to keep clubs active for the full season.  This obviously hasn't been the case.  When at the close of the season teams haven't had games and have lost focus/interest.

Taking Moy as an example because Boghopper said they have an agreement with Brackaville to concede points, if they were knocked out in June/July they may have seen the League as an attractive alternate and threw everything at it and I'm sure at least would have ended up in a play off place.  Now apparently they haven't been training and they are coasting towards the end of the season.  Now they could still beat Stewartstown and Brackaville but its less likely if most of the team are sitting up for the winter
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

I think The county board have to look at bringing a  second venue in the county up to standard, one that can hold a large capacity (5k plus), be able to hold games at this time of year, and have floodlighting to allow more round of the championship to be played on a friday night.
At the minute we ware limited to Omagh and this has a significant effect on the fixtures backlog.
Dungannon is one option, but i would say Carrickmore is possibly closer to meeting all the criteria as it is a part from the lights.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redhandofgod

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 17, 2016, 09:54:30 AM
Regarding the Omagh pitch yes the CB has to take a lot of the wrap for the state of it but I would also share the blame with the St Enda's Club.  They have their grounds maintained for them by the CB.  Surely they should add the extra funds they may feel necessary to have a top quality home surface.  They are not so slow to be selling their HT draw tickets and the other fundraising they do.  Every other club have grounds maintenance costs St Enda's should be making that contribution to make sure the surface is the best in the county

Great Post!!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: redhandofgod on October 17, 2016, 10:06:11 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 17, 2016, 09:54:30 AM

Great Post!!!

Thanks lad  8)
Living the dream!!!

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: driveherin on October 17, 2016, 09:55:01 AM
2 county grounds - Omagh and Dungannon are the 2 worst pitches (surfaces) in the county.....seriously....correct me if i'm wrong....

Omagh is a great pitch. It just doesn't stand up too well to water.

Whereas Dungannon is a spongey bog year round.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 17, 2016, 10:03:04 AM
I think The county board have to look at bringing a  second venue in the county up to standard, one that can hold a large capacity (5k plus), be able to hold games at this time of year, and have floodlighting to allow more round of the championship to be played on a friday night.
At the minute we ware limited to Omagh and this has a significant effect on the fixtures backlog.
Dungannon is one option, but i would say Carrickmore is possibly closer to meeting all the criteria as it is a part from the lights.

I'm not sure Dungannon has floodlights does it? Regardless, probably easier to floodlight Carrickmore than resurface Dungannon.
Would it be the general consensus that the CB should pay for these items? Can't see clubs putting their hands in their pockets for such things given the meager gate cap imposed during championship matches.

blewuporstuffed

No Dungannon doesnt have lights, but i see they have a major redevelopment planned, so it would be good to have a good venue in the east of the county.