Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Dell on August 01, 2016, 11:35:26 PM
Ref's getting a lot of grief these last few weeks but excellent display tonight
Good to hear, because the performance of the referee we had on sunday was terrible.
To be told after the game, he issued a yellow card for an offence rather than a black because
'it wasn't a  black card offence , it was only a body check'
WTF.
the combination of poor standard of referees + a poor rule = a complete mess at club level.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Legoman5

Monday night football is the way forward, massive attendance in Dromore and served a good physical game!
Errigal started on top and where by far the better footballing team until Dromore decided to stop that, namely when McCusker eye gauged Cathal McCrory half way through the first half, this unsettled Errigal and affected McCrory (who by the way was outstanding anyway) a little and you cud see he was constanly rubbin at the eye then, Big Tierney in the middle was superb but ran outa steam aswel as Stefan Tierney!
For Dromore the switch of McDonnell into midfield and the introduction or Ricey turned the game! McCusker always a handful aswel and you always know what your guna get the scores from him!
A well drilled performance from Dromore last night!!

Christmas Lights

Any word on the big row there was at the game?  Rumours of jaw breakings?

HalfBack7

I was up at the Tattyreagh game on Sunday. Disgraceful scenes.
To see a referee getting assaulted twice at the end of the game was not on. A lot of upset Tattyreagh men in the stand at the thought of their grounds possibly now being closed as a result of two clowns who couldn't take their beatings.
Fair play to the Beragh men who helped get the referee out of there safely.

The Trap

We hear of field fights and officials getting assaulted regularly but nothing is ever done about it........that's probably why it happens so often! .........we are in Croke park you know!!!!!

giveherlong

If the referee was assaulted up in Tattyreagh as has been reported on here, the CCCC have no option but to close their pitch as a minimum along with whatever suspensions follow.

WT4E

Looks like Kildress are doomed to relegation as its going to take a big effort to get points from 4 very difficult remaining games.

I was just wondering it may be likely that we could be relegated before having a kicked a ball in the championship - this must be a first? Any other instances of this happen in the past?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2016, 11:40:52 AM
Looks like Kildress are doomed to relegation as its going to take a big effort to get points from 4 very difficult remaining games.

I was just wondering it may be likely that we could be relegated before having a kicked a ball in the championship - this must be a first? Any other instances of this happen in the past?
What are kildress remaining fixtures?
any of the teams down there still to play?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

If its true as reported that Tattyreagh supporters or players assaulted a referee, the book should be thrown at them.  That is disgraceful, referees don't get every decision right and they can influence the outcome of a game based on a dodgy decision but that doesn't mean they can be used as a punchbag.  We see every weekend the bias linesman or umpire (every club has them) that the referee sometimes relies on influencing games.  I hope the CB come down hard.

Is it possible to deduct points or even prevent promotion?  I actually think its that serious
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone95

Quote from: inowbest on August 02, 2016, 10:23:15 AM
Any predictions for the u21 semis tonight? I would be expecting coalisland to get past carmen but after a good battle. Errigal should beat Stewartstown easy enough.
Cant say I know much about Coalisland, should be a good game up in Galbally however with both teams confident of progressing.  Errigal could get a surprise from Stewartstown if they are not on top of their game.  My predictions would be Carmen and Errigal though.

HalfBack7

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 02, 2016, 12:06:42 PM
If its true as reported that Tattyreagh supporters or players assaulted a referee, the book should be thrown at them.  That is disgraceful, referees don't get every decision right and they can influence the outcome of a game based on a dodgy decision but that doesn't mean they can be used as a punchbag.  We see every weekend the bias linesman or umpire (every club has them) that the referee sometimes relies on influencing games.  I hope the CB come down hard.

Is it possible to deduct points or even prevent promotion?  I actually think its that serious

Completely agree, County Board needs to come down hard on them here. Referee's are never going to get EVERY decision right, but it doesn't justify an assault.
I actually felt the Ref on Sunday had a very good game in the middle. He gave an early yellow card to midfielder Johnny Harkin which was spot on, and followed that up with a Black Card in the 17th Minute for a completely obvious black card offence and this seems to be where the Tatts grievance with him came from.
He was surround at half time by the Tattyreagh Management, continued to get abuse throughout the second half and then got put to the ground twice after the final whistle. The man doing waterboy for tatts on Sunday should feel ashamed of himself, he was asked to leave the field of play and refused to do so and then was the man who attacked the ref and put him to the ground for the second time.

Home venue lost for the rest of the season for their Senior Side maybe? Point deduction? Fine? Will be interesting to see how the County Board react to this one.

Christmas Lights

They are some craic those Tatts. 

Division 3 dwellers there whole lives in fairness.

TabClear

Quote from: HalfBack7 on August 02, 2016, 12:33:53 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 02, 2016, 12:06:42 PM

Completely agree, County Board needs to come down hard on them here. Referee's are never going to get EVERY decision right, but it doesn't justify an assault.
I actually felt the Ref on Sunday had a very good game in the middle. He gave an early yellow card to midfielder Johnny Harkin which was spot on, and followed that up with a Black Card in the 17th Minute for a completely obvious black card offence and this seems to be where the Tatts grievance with him came from.
He was surround at half time by the Tattyreagh Management, continued to get abuse throughout the second half and then got put to the ground twice after the final whistle. The man doing waterboy for tatts on Sunday should feel ashamed of himself, he was asked to leave the field of play and refused to do so and then was the man who attacked the ref and put him to the ground for the second time.

Home venue lost for the rest of the season for their Senior Side maybe? Point deduction? Fine? Will be interesting to see how the County Board react to this one.

If that's true the book should be thrown at them.  Any wonder itis hard to get referees to give up their free time when that's the kind of crap that they have to go through. We all know there are bad refs out there but most of them are trying to play it fairly.

What I don't understand about these morons who abuse the ref is what they expect to achieve? If i am reffing a game and getting constant abuse from one side and then there is a genuine fifty fifty call to be made, what way am I going to give it? ? Idiots.

Year bans if it's players and life time ban and pitch closed if it is supporters.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on August 02, 2016, 12:19:22 PM
Quote from: inowbest on August 02, 2016, 10:23:15 AM
Any predictions for the u21 semis tonight? I would be expecting coalisland to get past carmen but after a good battle. Errigal should beat Stewartstown easy enough.
Cant say I know much about Coalisland, should be a good game up in Galbally however with both teams confident of progressing.  Errigal could get a surprise from Stewartstown if they are not on top of their game.  My predictions would be Carmen and Errigal though.

I think we are in bonus territory tonight with this particular team but we will see how it goes

Legoman5

Who was the Tatts waterboy, name and shame him on this at least because the county board wont do a thing about it, all will be brushed under the table, maybe a small fine giving, nothin to stop the Tatts from laughing about it in the bar after...