Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I wouldnt worry too much ec, I think you can get back up there again. you had 2 championships and one O Neill cup in Ballygawlly out of 4 before Errigal Ciaran was formed.   the decison to join up and form errigal Ciaran has been a wonderful one for the parish.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on September 14, 2007, 12:26:31 PM
Brian is fairly positive about his return next year - he gets an artificial lens inserted in the next week or two - he should be fit to return to training in about 8 weeks aster that barring any further setbacks - so fingers crossed for him.

Good news om, hope it works out for him.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on September 14, 2007, 03:51:57 PM
I wouldnt worry too much ec, I think you can get back up there again. you had 2 championships and one O Neill cup in Ballygawlly out of 4 before Errigal Ciaran was formed.   the decison to join up and form errigal Ciaran has been a wonderful one for the parish.

Im sure its just a little over sight on your behalf RRHF but no one 'joined up' to form Errigal Ciaran. It is just Ballygawley St Ciarans continued under a Different name after a split formed. The original club covered the same ground geographicaly as today.

rrhf

Sorry that is an oversight on my behalf.  It has, you must admit coincided with an amazing turnaround in fortunes.  I remember watching Coalisland destroying Ballygawley in an O Neill cup final in Omagh and theres been some changed times since. The 2 horse race has been on its last legs for the last 5 years and now that its over Ive no doubt Errigal will undoubtedly periodically win championships in years to come, because they are as strong as any club out there is.  You will only notice that these great  players are gone when you compare the next 15 years to the last 15 years. The next team capable of dominating Tyrone football looks like it could be Coalisland.     

orangeman

rrhf - you're being very diplomatic there - might you be talking up Coalisland by any chance ?  :)  ;)

Any way - let the best team win - it should be a fascinating contest cos both have great credentials - and  both are capable of going all the way - as are Dromore and to a lesser extent Cookstown - 

Tombraider

The Fianna U16s were beaten by Carrickmore today in the league quarter final. Do you know of any other results Kiddo?

KIDDO

Augher 5.6,Dromore 0.14, before I travel to Donaghmore.

ziggysego

Tyrone Ladies Intermediate Championship Final. Ardboe 2.08 Sperrin Og 1.04. Hard Luck girls.
Testing Accessibility

KIDDO

Dromore defeated Donaghmore 3.13 to 1.4 in the senior league tonight ,at Donaghmore.

KIDDO

Coalisland 4.14, Ardboe 3.13 , all county league tonight.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roes 0-9 Tatts 3-10

Tatts look like they have Div 3 in the bag.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhandfan

Quote from: KIDDO on September 15, 2007, 08:15:39 PM
Dromore defeated Donaghmore 3.13 to 1.4 in the senior league tonight ,at Donaghmore.

Did Donaghmore field their minor team in this match?????  I have put my head on the block by saying this will be the pairing for the 2007 Tyrone SFC Final, but the manner of Donaghmore's defeat has me just a little worried.  What happened here, rrhf?

Quote from: ziggysego on September 15, 2007, 05:09:22 PM
Tyrone Ladies Intermediate Championship Final. Ardboe 2.08 Sperrin Og 1.04. Hard Luck girls.

No surprises here....I saw Ardboe ladies in action against Moy in a friendly match earlier this year and thought they were a super team.  From what I saw of them that evening, I fully expected them to achieve success in the Intermediate grade.  Their joint manager, Gavin Devlin, will be a happy 'horse' tonight!

na cleirigh

was told both teams were fieldig rederve teams in this fixture. wouldn't read too much into it
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

orangeman

First of all - congratulations to the team and management of the ladies team on Saturday on a well deserved win over Sperrin Og. The ladies got off to a great start and never looked in trouble. Hard luck to Sperrin Og who played their part -

Next up was Coalisland in the league - Coalisland got off to an absolute flyer and had three goals scored in about 15 minutes.

Coalisland weren't at full strength but did bring on some good subs. We competed well but were always chasing the game. The major talking point of the game was the sending off by the referee of 3 Ardboe players in the second half. The referee treated Ardboe with contempt  - there were two straight reds and one case of two yellows. 

Question : why was a referee from Aygharan sent 60 miles across the county to referee this fixture ? Given the history this year with Aygharan and Ardboe, the incident where Brian Mc Guigan sustained serious injury - why would anybody in their right mind appoint an Aygharan official to referee ANY game involving Ardboe ?.
Coalisland mentors were amazed at his handling of the game and then the sendings off - this was NOT a dirty game and I'm sure Oneill 2007 will confirm this.

Answers please. But I'm not holding my breath.

loughshore lad

Orangeman, I thought the sendings off were harsh enough too. Was that the same guy who referred one of the reserve championship games in Dungannon (cant remember if it was the semi or the final)?