Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMG1

It was a pleasure to be on Killyclogher on Friday evening to witness  a great game of underage football in the minor league final between Carrickmore and Dromore, some tremendous displays on show as both teams pushed each other to the limit, great tackling and some unbelievable scores, the way the game should be played.  Credit to killyclogher too for hosting such a big crowd, can't wait for the replay.

redzone

When is the replay? Looked to be a massive crowd there. Minor football is prob the best games U will see

sam03/05

Niall McKenna was excellent for Donaghmore the other night, think it was his first game in 7/8 months after a bad injury. Could be another very strong option for Tyrone in the coming months. Can certainly win his own ball in the full  forward line and gives a different kinda option, especially if Big Sean had to go out the pitch.

PMG1

No date yet redzone, could be a week or two with it being in the middle of exam season

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: PMG1 on May 29, 2016, 10:40:17 AM
It was a pleasure to be on Killyclogher on Friday evening to witness  a great game of underage football in the minor league final between Carrickmore and Dromore, some tremendous displays on show as both teams pushed each other to the limit, great tackling and some unbelievable scores, the way the game should be played.  Credit to killyclogher too for hosting such a big crowd, can't wait for the replay.

Is Emmett McNabb as big a talent as I'm hearing?

Is he Ronan's brother?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 29, 2016, 12:58:54 PM
Niall McKenna was excellent for Donaghmore the other night, think it was his first game in 7/8 months after a bad injury. Could be another very strong option for Tyrone in the coming months. Can certainly win his own ball in the full  forward line and gives a different kinda option, especially if Big Sean had to go out the pitch.

McKenna has had some horrid luck with the timing of his injuries from a county perspective. Hard to see him get much of a look in this summer given the form of those in front of him but I hope he sticks it out as I think he beginning to fulfill his potential.

PMG1

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 29, 2016, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on May 29, 2016, 10:40:17 AM

Is Emmett McNabb as big a talent as I'm hearing?

Is he Ronan's brother?
Emmet is a brother of Ronan McNabb jnr who is on the Dromore senior team, not the county Ronan.  Certainly playing well at the minute, will be interesting to see how he develops

take_yer_points

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 29, 2016, 12:58:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMRCtt0CUDo

Quarterback

Please can they Tyrone county board change fixtures to mid week or Friday nights.  For the older man who has family its difficult to spend a complete Sunday away whilst leaving the wife at home minding children.  This issue is driving so many older men out of our games.  Any thoughts on this 

laceer

Quote from: Quarterback on May 31, 2016, 10:00:43 AM
Please can they Tyrone county board change fixtures to mid week or Friday nights.  For the older man who has family its difficult to spend a complete Sunday away whilst leaving the wife at home minding children.  This issue is driving so many older men out of our games.  Any thoughts on this

Completely agree. Even a Saturday evening game would be preferable.

WeeDonns

Been harping on about this for a while. It wouldn't suit everyone, but I think Friday/Saturday evening football would benefit Reserve football at least

blewuporstuffed

The trouble is that is is impossible to get a  time slot that really suits everyone, from the guys with young families, to the students or the fellas travelling home from dublin or where ever from work
I would say though that over the summer most players would be more than happy to play the games on a Friday or Saturday evening rather than a Sunday.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redzone

Dromore v carmen should be on Sunday evening at 7. Standout fixture this weekend

Tyrone95

Any word on the u21 championship this year? Who are the teams to beat?

LeoMc

Quote from: WeeDonns on May 31, 2016, 12:02:09 PM
Been harping on about this for a while. It wouldn't suit everyone, but I think Friday/Saturday evening football would benefit Reserve football at least
I would roll it up to IC football nationally also. 2 first round matches on a weekend would shorten the IC calendar.
Week 1: Preliminary round. 15 May: Fer v Ant
Week 2: QF1 & QF 2              21 May: Tyr v Der & 22 May Cav v Arm
Week 3: QF3 & QF4               28 May: Dow v Mon  & Don v Fer
Week 4: SF1                          05 Jun: Tyr v Cav
Week 5: SF2                          12 Jun: Mon v Don(!)
Week 6: Break
Week 7: Ulster final              26 Jun: Tyr v Mon(!)

Overall fixtures need sorted nationally first.