Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: leenie on April 11, 2016, 04:43:17 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on April 11, 2016, 03:54:04 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 11, 2016, 01:44:56 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on April 11, 2016, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 10, 2016, 10:10:15 PM
The Derg were very good today at home to ourselves. The only bright point we have is that we were so poor and only lost by one.
Norf I see the Roes have acquired a new recruit from a neighbouring club-are you pushing on from last year?

Well, we'd hope to push on, but not sure it'll happen to be honest. We've one in, and a few out. One or two with long term injuries, one or two packed up etc. I would not be as confident as I was 12 months ago.

I have to say I was dissapointed for CNG when I saw he had transferred to yourselves. For a Club to develop and mentor a player from U8 and for that player to transfer to a nearby rival is extremely disrespectful.

I guess he'll be "injured" or "sick" when you play Clan na Gael.

What age is d cub ?

18/19

leenie

It would be worse if he'd been older ...

I've mixed opinions on transfers , don't mind them coming in but wouldn't want to see them go out..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Goals_Will_Come

Owen Roes will have no luck at that carry on. Good to see the Derg beating them despite all their infighting.

Under Lights

I wouldn't hold OR accountable. I doubt if they were poaching or tapping up the player.

Norf will fill us in on the story.

bogball88

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 11, 2016, 09:26:28 PM
Owen Roes will have no luck at that carry on. Good to see the Derg beating them despite all their infighting.
Infighting?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GlenMan on April 11, 2016, 03:54:04 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 11, 2016, 01:44:56 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on April 11, 2016, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 10, 2016, 10:10:15 PM
The Derg were very good today at home to ourselves. The only bright point we have is that we were so poor and only lost by one.
Norf I see the Roes have acquired a new recruit from a neighbouring club-are you pushing on from last year?

Well, we'd hope to push on, but not sure it'll happen to be honest. We've one in, and a few out. One or two with long term injuries, one or two packed up etc. I would not be as confident as I was 12 months ago.

I have to say I was dissapointed for CNG when I saw he had transferred to yourselves. For a Club to develop and mentor a player from U8 and for that player to transfer to a nearby rival is extremely disrespectful.

I guess he'll be "injured" or "sick" when you play Clan na Gael.

I don't necessarily agree with the language used there, but I do agree with you that I feel for CNG in this respect. Numbers is tight, and to lose a player as he hits senior football properly is a blow. We've been subject to that ourselves on a few occasions over the years.

Indeed if you look at the transfers in column on the GAA website, I note other Clubs lapping up 3, 4, 5, 6 a season.

I can't comment on the lad's individual reason for moving, as I don't know them, but as a Club when a fella comes with a form and asks to play with you, you're not going to say no.

Quote from: Under Lights on April 11, 2016, 10:25:06 PM
I wouldn't hold OR accountable. I doubt if they were poaching or tapping up the player.

Norf will fill us in on the story.

So there's no story per se, or at least that I know of.

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 11, 2016, 09:26:28 PM

Castlederg looked like a side on the opposite of in fighting on Sunday. A team performance, crowd on their side etc. However I would not be au fait with other Club's business. Good luck to them.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Agree with you Norf- I would doubt that anyone in OR's committee or management team would have been tapping up the player-maybe some of the players if he runs about with him- but it was probably the lads choice himself and as you say if he comes looking to play for you I don't think any of the smaller clubs would be in a position to refuse this application.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on April 12, 2016, 09:34:13 AM
Agree with you Norf- I would doubt that anyone in OR's committee or management team would have been tapping up the player-maybe some of the players if he runs about with him- but it was probably the lads choice himself and as you say if he comes looking to play for you I don't think any of the smaller clubs would be in a position to refuse this application.

Does he not either have to work or live in the parish to transfer? Maybe it is the same parish - just asking1

Tommo2

Any adult club fixtures this week?

TabClear

Quote from: WT4E on April 12, 2016, 10:09:01 AM

Does he not either have to work or live in the parish to transfer? Maybe it is the same parish - just asking1

At the end of the day if someone comes looking a transfer my view is they should be given it regardless of where they live or work etc. I know there is the issue that the big successful clubs just hoover up the local (ish) talent if that was the case.  However it puts the onus on individual clubs to create an environment that players want to be a part of rather than an accident of a postcode.

If you refuse the transfer do you really want someone playing for the club who doesn't want to be there? Or deny a young lad any matches at all because of who his mates are.

GlenMan

Quote from: TabClear on April 12, 2016, 04:47:23 PM

At the end of the day if someone comes looking a transfer my view is they should be given it regardless of where they live or work etc. I know there is the issue that the big successful clubs just hoover up the local (ish) talent if that was the case.  However it puts the onus on individual clubs to create an environment that players want to be a part of rather than an accident of a postcode.

If you refuse the transfer do you really want someone playing for the club who doesn't want to be there? Or deny a young lad any matches at all because of who his mates are.

It doesn't really matter if the Club refuse a transfer anyway, it'll still go through if the parish/address rule is adhered to.

TabClear

Quote from: GlenMan on April 12, 2016, 05:19:05 PM
Quote from: TabClear on April 12, 2016, 04:47:23 PM

It doesn't really matter if the Club refuse a transfer anyway, it'll still go through if the parish/address rule is adhered to.

Yeah I know.  However I have heard of clubs refusing to sign transfers to neighboring parishes etc. In my opinion what's the point. Let them go and move on with the lads who want to be there.

ose 14

apparently hes moved because of the weather cant play on the hill down the brack to much wind and the young lad keept kicking her into touch.

Under Lights

Did Conor Clarke not start for Omagh the other night? Is he injured? Is he still on the county panel?