Quote from: driveherin on April 05, 2016, 10:11:58 AM
Quote from: driveherin on April 05, 2016, 09:13:45 AM

Dromore  v Kildress  DROMORE BY 5/6
Augher  v Clonoe  CLONOE BY 12
Ardboe  v Coalisland  COALISLAND BY 3
Trillick  v Galbally  TRILLICK BY 4
Strabane  v Edendork  DRAW
Eglish v Omagh  OMAGH BY 3/4

Is Killyclogher V Carrickmore not being played? Any reason for this?

Killyclogher are playing Greencastle on Saturday and Carrickmore are playing Errigal on Sunday evening.

bogball88

Back to reserve games being played first in division 3. Thought it worked well last year, meant that you weren't taking reserve players off at half time and saving them for a part of senior game which the mightn't have participated in, or bringing on players during a senior game who have already played a full game. Don't know what other clubs thoughts on this are?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bogball88 on April 05, 2016, 11:14:51 AM
Back to reserve games being played first in division 3. Thought it worked well last year, meant that you weren't taking reserve players off at half time and saving them for a part of senior game which the mightn't have participated in, or bringing on players during a senior game who have already played a full game. Don't know what other clubs thoughts on this are?

Why was it changed back then?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bogball88

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 05, 2016, 11:23:38 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on April 05, 2016, 11:14:51 AM

Why was it changed back then?

That's what I was trying to figure?

The Bearded One

It was voted on at either a Co Committee meeting or Chairman/Secretary meeting and majority decided to revert back to the old schedule. In the middle of last year there was also an attempt to go back to the old arrangement but it was agreed to keep it as was for the rest of 2015. Personally I like the idea of playing senior game first for the reasons outlined by the opening post.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Sunny Day

Dromore  v Kildress  DROMORE BY 7/8
Augher  v Clonoe  CLONOE BY 7/8
Ardboe  v Coalisland  ARDBO BY 4
Trillick  v Galbally  TRILLICK BY 6
Strabane  v Edendork  STRABANE BY 4
Eglish v Omagh  OMAGH BY 7/8

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Bearded One on April 05, 2016, 11:51:59 AM
It was voted on at either a Co Committee meeting or Chairman/Secretary meeting and majority decided to revert back to the old schedule. In the middle of last year there was also an attempt to go back to the old arrangement but it was agreed to keep it as was for the rest of 2015. Personally I like the idea of playing senior game first for the reasons outlined by the opening post.

I dont realyy understand the logic for going back.
They changed it and it seemed to work pretty well, so who voted to change it back?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

I think the reason it was changed originally was to try and see if they could get more games to field at reserve level. However this didn't materialize.

Personally I thought it would've worked out. However the downside was that when the senior game was over the crowd headed on, and the reserves was played with no one watching. It also made the day flat. Hard to beat a decent Sunday afternoon watching the reserves with the senior game to come.

It's like going to a concert and the headline on before the support.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 05, 2016, 12:42:43 PM
I think the reason it was changed originally was to try and see if they could get more games to field at reserve level. However this didn't materialize.

Personally I thought it would've worked out. However the downside was that when the senior game was over the crowd headed on, and the reserves was played with no one watching. It also made the day flat. Hard to beat a decent Sunday afternoon watching the reserves with the senior game to come.

Realistically, how many are there early for the reserve game anyway, is there much difference between the amount taht come early and the amount that stay on?

GaelTheGael

Greencastle St Patrick's v Coill an Chlochair Naomh Mhuire - Killyclogher
An Droim Mór Naoimh Damhnait v Kildress Wolfe Tones - Dromore
Augher St Macartan's GFC v Clonoe O`Rahilly's CLG - Clonoe
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa v Coalisland Fianna GFC - Coalisland
Trí Leac C. Naoimh Mhic Artáin v Galbally Pearses - Trillick
Strabane Sigersons v Edendork St Malachy's - Strabane
An Eaglais, Naoimh Pádraig v Omagh St Enda's - Omagh
Carrickmore St Colmcille's v Errigal Ciaran - Carrickmore

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 05, 2016, 12:47:52 PM

Realistically, how many are there early for the reserve game anyway, is there much difference between the amount taht come early and the amount that stay on?

It's no massive at the start of the game but there's a right few in for the second half.

The reserve game second feels like an anti climax.

GlenMan

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 05, 2016, 01:38:54 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 05, 2016, 12:47:52 PM

It's no massive at the start of the game but there's a right few in for the second half.

The reserve game second feels like an anti climax.

Agreed. Reserve games last year were dead. Nobody stayed to watch even for the first half.

Under Lights

Not sure why a crowd would matter. Surly its about getting lads more football? It will go back to people holding lads off the reserves now in case needed for the senior game and potentially getting no football. Hard on smaller clubs. Alright for people with big picks like Drumragh, Tattyreagh and that.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Under Lights on April 05, 2016, 02:06:00 PM
Not sure why a crowd would matter. Surly its about getting lads more football? It will go back to people holding lads off the reserves now in case needed for the senior game and potentially getting no football. Hard on smaller clubs. Alright for people with big picks like Drumragh, Tattyreagh and that.

It never really produced extra games last year anyhow so didn't really manifest anything positive.

The Sweeper.com

Great to see the League commencing this weekend again.

Prediction Time

Division 1   
Greencastle St Patrick's   V   Killyclogher St Mary's - Killyclogher   
Trillick St Macartan's   V   Galbally Pearse's - Trillick
Dromore St Dympna's   V   Kildress Wolfe Tone's - Dromore
Eglish St Patrick's   V   Omagh St Enda's - Omagh
Strabane Sigerson's   V   Edendork St Malaghy's - Strabane
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa's   V   Coalisland Fianna - Draw
Carrickmore St Colmcille's   V   Errigal Ciaran - Carrickmore
Augher St Macartan's   V   Clonoe O'Rahilly's - Clonoe

Division 2
Gortin St Patrick's   V   Aghyaran St Davog's - Aghyaran