Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Degrassi Hi

It was a wise decision by the Urney management to not field their senior team away to Gortin. I'd say they looked at the top half of Division 3 and concluded that they'd beat the pick of them in a play off.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on October 03, 2015, 08:54:26 AM
It was a wise decision by the Urney management to not field their senior team away to Gortin. I'd say they looked at the top half of Division 3 and concluded that they'd beat the pick of them in a play off.

Very likely. However what happens if they lose the Div 2 play off game?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

So, if Edendork win the league and Championship - does second go up automatically and then it's 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on October 03, 2015, 11:31:58 AM
So, if Edendork win the league and Championship - does second go up automatically and then it's 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th?

That's it.

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 03, 2015, 11:25:27 AM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on October 03, 2015, 08:54:26 AM

Very likely. However what happens if they lose the Div 2 play off game?

Then Urney will most likely do a Division 3 league and championship double in 2016 with a healthy all ireland run to follow

Club boi

So Trillick ain't fielding against Clonoe and Killyclogher ain't fielding against Dromore 1 week before Championship Final.
Nobody on here can now argue with my fact the League is a secondary competition to the Championship. Defending champions giving up points

LeoMc

Quote from: Club boi on October 03, 2015, 03:54:47 PM
So Trillick ain't fielding against Clonoe and Killyclogher ain't fielding against Dromore 1 week before Championship Final.
Nobody on here can now argue with my fact the League is a secondary competition to the Championship. Defending champions giving up points
Your fact!
Are the rest of us allowed to borrow it sometime?

As an aside did anyone argue that the league was the primary competition?

Gonzalo15

Quote from: Club boi on October 03, 2015, 03:54:47 PM
Obviously you clown. Who would rather win a league than a championship? Are you just writing shite for the sake of it on here or what

vallankumous

It's the right call for both teams.

In saying that, with EC beating Omagh and Clone handed points it makes a joke of the league.
I suppose it was lucky neither team were fixed to play bottom of the table teams.

redzone

Somebody told me today that Adrian kilpatricks son was playing for Edendork in the intermediate final.surprised he didn't play for dumgannon. He's a good player.

Norf Tyrone

Two poorish games today in Healy Pk. I felt that Aghaloo had the winning of the JNR but kicked it away especially in the 2nd half. They took on a number of pot shots from distance that could've been worked in closer. I thought their young corner forward, McIlroy I think he was, was very good. However they failed to give him the ball enough. He looked one of the few that didn't get grabbed by nerves and his pace was causing a lot of problems for the Brackavile defence.

Urney just came up short in a game that only burst into life in the last 15 mins. I was surprised of the pace of the game, or the lack of it. The quality performers stood out namely Johnny Lafferty, McCurry and Morgan hit some great free kicks.

A nod to the two refs too who had decent games today. Sometimes we're quick to slag them off.

A wee bit of a faux pas in the speeches too. Brackaville in the play offs?  :)

bogball88

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 04, 2015, 09:24:13 PM
Two poorish games today in Healy Pk. I felt that Aghaloo had the winning of the JNR but kicked it away especially in the 2nd half. They took on a number of pot shots from distance that could've been worked in closer. I thought their young corner forward, McIlroy I think he was, was very good. However they failed to give him the ball enough. He looked one of the few that didn't get grabbed by nerves and his pace was causing a lot of problems for the Brackavile defence.

Urney just came up short in a game that only burst into life in the last 15 mins. I was surprised of the pace of the game, or the lack of it. The quality performers stood out namely Johnny Lafferty, McCurry and Morgan hit some great free kicks.

A nod to the two refs too who had decent games today. Sometimes we're quick to slag them off.

What happened with the speeches Norf? Play offs??

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: bogball88 on October 04, 2015, 11:38:31 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 04, 2015, 09:24:13 PM

What happened with the speeches Norf? Play offs??

Our chairperson congratulated Brackaville on their win, and said they still have a good chance of going up in the play offs as well.

Degrassi Hi

Brackaville should enjoy a good run in Ulster after they finish drinking for a week, with Derg, Owen Rose, Glenelly & possibly the tatts fighting for that play off opportunity. Owen Roes should progress here.

Edendork on balance deserved to win yesterday, Morgans place kicking a big factor. McCurry took his first half goal well but first touch was cat. Johnny Lafferty showed flashes of brilliance but looked disinterested at times with a divil may care attitude. Urney didn't fully utilise the big man at the edge of the square towards the end as Edendork looked suspect under high ball.

Refereeing has been of a very poor standard in this year's championship. Meehan again was inconsistent with the advantage rule which cost Urney a few scores in the second half but did apply the rule on the other side of the field in Edendorks favour.  Other petty fouls awarded here and there with blatant misdemeanours going unpunnished.

Soup an Samajiz

Surprised by Brackaville's ecstatic celebrations, thought it would have been slightly more muted, is it really that much of an accomplishment to yoyo up and down every other year? a few steady years in Div 2 would warrant greater respect.

Urney's gamble coming back to bite them now, goin to be a long slog to keep at it for the playoffs to come around. Would have been fairly happy to have see them win but as far as next year's Div1 status I'd feel that both Edendork and the team's vying for automatic promotion thru the league are better equipped to deal with the step up.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people