Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 02, 2015, 08:01:47 AM
I think this is one occassion where the clubs all have to stick together and refuse to play the games on 21st July.
To refix these games ,on a tuesday night, in the middle of the holiday period is a big "fcuk you" to every club and club player involved.

Another thing i would like to know is what on earth we are 'saving' the starred games for?
[/b]

Exactly!

LeoMc

Quote from: on the sideline on July 02, 2015, 11:19:31 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 02, 2015, 08:01:47 AM
I think this is one occassion where the clubs all have to stick together and refuse to play the games on 21st July.
To refix these games ,on a tuesday night, in the middle of the holiday period is a big "fcuk you" to every club and club player involved.

Another thing i would like to know is what on earth we are 'saving' the starred games for?
[/b]

Exactly!
+1. I cant see any down-side to burning them off now.
Worst case Tyrone reach an All-Ireland Semi- or final. In that unlikely scenario I think we would live with a dearth of matches in August.

Scoring Zone

There's no point yapping and gurning about the fixtures, a blind man could have seen it coming, year after year after year this has been pulled, Harte and the senior county players running the show, a simple solution i would loved to have seen would be, (on the point that the CB are a bit light in terms of cash flow) all first round championship games played to a draw, and every body stay away and fleece them (similar to what carrickmore and dromore did a few years ago after the row in ballygawley)- create a complete an utter nightmare for them, for the pure contempt that they and Harte have for the clubs and the players preparation and holidays, but i appreciate it may be a bit extreme but it would be the only way to be taken seriously  >:( >:( >:(

tiempo

Quote from: Scoring Zone on July 02, 2015, 09:13:28 PM
There's no point yapping and gurning about the fixtures, a blind man could have seen it coming, year after year after year this has been pulled, Harte and the senior county players running the show, a simple solution i would loved to have seen would be, (on the point that the CB are a bit light in terms of cash flow) all first round championship games played to a draw, and every body stay away and fleece them (similar to what carrickmore and dromore did a few years ago after the row in ballygawley)- create a complete an utter nightmare for them, for the pure contempt that they and Harte have for the clubs and the players preparation and holidays, but i appreciate it may be a bit extreme but it would be the only way to be taken seriously  >:( >:( >:(

What about going down the Cork route, although it was the county players on strike, club players on strike in Tyrone?
Or create a local TCGPA - Tyrone Club Gaelic Players Association, that lobbies the CB on behalf of club players?
The current situation is farcical and there is no respect being shown to 1000+ club players in Tyrone.

Moortown Spuds

No starred games because the county panel withdrawals have made a farce of them.

redzone

Is that big a deal really that a round of fixtures were cancelled.mayb the players didn't want them on anyway. We hav half the league played and a round of champ played. Not. bad compared to other counties

PMG1

Quote from: Max Payne on July 01, 2015, 11:40:26 PM
Eglish v Carrickmore seems to be the only fixture in Division 1 left standing?

Dromore v Greencastle still going ahead also

on the sideline

Quote from: redzone on July 02, 2015, 11:14:31 PM
Is that big a deal really that a round of fixtures were cancelled.mayb the players didn't want them on anyway. We hav half the league played and a round of champ played. Not. bad compared to other counties

Yeah of course it is! By players do you mean the county boys or the ordinary club players? Because I can tell you now as an ordinary club player I wanted them to go ahead, as I'm pretty sure every other club footballer would have wanted as well.  Who wants to be sitting with no football from 21st June til the 21st July, and in reality it's going to be longer - possibly into August? And before you say it I know that period includes the 2 weeks holiday period.  No one has a problem with that, it's a welcome necessity - well until they deciceded to 'rearrange' this weekends fixtures to the middle of them! ::)

redzone

County players I meant. I think they should have played them mid week this week instead. Not bring smart but aren't they refixed after the 2 week break, it starts this weekend.hard to suit everyone I know, see dromore are Going to play on without there men

Legoman5

No there refixed in the middle of the club break! It starts on the 11th July as they stated at the start of the season that the final fixture before the break cud have been on the 10th July

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Legoman5 on July 03, 2015, 08:20:52 AM
No there refixed in the middle of the club break! It starts on the 11th July as they stated at the start of the season that the final fixture before the break cud have been on the 10th July
There is no way clubs should agree to play those games on the 21st July.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Club boi

Quote from: on the sideline on July 01, 2015, 11:21:58 PM
Quote from: The Trap on July 01, 2015, 11:11:19 PM
Sorry one thing.......if tyrone beat Meath when do they play again? If they do there will be no games on Tuesday 21st so don't postpone any holidays!!!!!!

So at minute no football from last game on 21st June until 21st July, and potentially longer - God knows how much longer, if Tyrone keep winning?

Completely sick of it every year. What's the point anymore hi? And to top it of the championship being played at least a month too early. Whole thing really is a total joke.

And all for what? A county team who are goin nowhere?

Exactly why I don't play Football anymore

Knock Yer Mucker In

More examples of the crap us clubs have to live with, we have lost D Quinn, D Mc Nulty, D Magee, D Mc Clure, C Hughes to the states as a result of the magnificent timing of club championship in early June, and the only reason they are gone is due to our conscientious club ordinated CB doing the opposite of every CB in Ulster that start their knock out series at the earliest in August. Dereliction of their duty of care. But I will accept that no one gives two fecks as the same people will be back because none of us including myself will step forward at convention time.

Redhand Santa

The talk last year was that clonoe don't care about the league so surely it's not a big deal that they were away and missing 3 or 4 games? Chances are some of them would have went anyway and missed championship preparations if it had been early September which would have been worse. If they wanted teams to get a 2 week break for ulster it could have been worse again as they'd have missed it.

The season is to disorganised and disjointed but I don't see the championship being early and boys going to America when out as the biggest issue.

redzone

Exactly rs. No mention at all of not being good enough to beat the island. Instead the county board gets blamed for there early exit. Hear Cassidys for glen next year, he will want go out with silverware so id fancy clonoe for the league