Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Quote from: White Goodman on June 22, 2015, 12:33:03 PM
Seen the incident, man from omagh (mcsorley is he?) is a prat. Sludden was just right

Have to agree. Plus McSorley showed no remorse. Was laughing and joking as he walked to the stand.

In hiding

Seen the incident, man from omagh (mcsorley is he?) is a prat. Sludden was just right
Certainly not condoning the incident, in fact it was ridiculous thing to be at. I'm a bit surprised though that so many people seen it happen when there was a small crowd at the game.
How did you see the incident White Goodman, where you there ?

redhandefender

Quote from: In hiding on June 22, 2015, 12:54:12 PM
Certainly not condoning the incident, in fact it was ridiculous thing to be at. I'm a bit surprised though that so many people seen it happen when there was a small crowd at the game.

Well I was there and I'm neither Killyclogher or Omagh. Whatever about shouldering, ball being kicked away wtc, the guy on the omagh bench should not have got involved and he certainly through the first punches. As someone said above to absolute disgrace walking off laughing his head up whilst covered in blood. Its understandable for players to be fired up and incidents occurring but for some idiot to walk on to the pitch and start throwing punches at someone more than half his age is a disgrace.

nrico2006

Quote from: redhandefender on June 22, 2015, 01:07:36 PM

Well I was there and I'm neither Killyclogher or Omagh. Whatever about shouldering, ball being kicked away wtc, the guy on the omagh bench should not have got involved and he certainly through the first punches. As someone said above to absolute disgrace walking off laughing his head up whilst covered in blood. Its understandable for players to be fired up and incidents occurring but for some idiot to walk on to the pitch and start throwing punches at someone more than half his age is a disgrace.

Too many tubes on the sideline constantly at it and I don't understand how someone in the club doesn't have words with them as they are an embarrassment more than anything to the clubs reputation.  In saying that, if someone fires a shoulder into you they deserve a drive to the head. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

youhavenofans

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 22, 2015, 01:43:44 PM

Too many tubes on the sideline constantly at it and I don't understand how someone in the club doesn't have words with them as they are an embarrassment more than anything to the clubs reputation.  In saying that, if someone fires a shoulder into you they deserve a drive to the head.

Too many tubes on this board too,

Tommo2

Too many tubes on the sideline constantly at it and I don't understand how someone in the club doesn't have words with them as they are an embarrassment more than anything to the clubs reputation. In saying that, if someone fires a shoulder into you they deserve a drive to the head.

Are you serious??!!! How many times in a game, do people shoulder each other, but realise the boundaries. For a start, the official should not have been on the pitch. He certainly should not have kicked the ball away. Even though the player shouldered him, his reaction was not in keeping with the shoulder. Anyway, never mind all this, he should be nowhere near a football pitch. he is a liability and should receive a long ban. It would be good to hear that Omagh had banned him from the club independently.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tommo2 on June 22, 2015, 03:28:47 PM

Too many tubes on the sideline constantly at it and I don't understand how someone in the club doesn't have words with them as they are an embarrassment more than anything to the clubs reputation. In saying that, if someone fires a shoulder into you they deserve a drive to the head.

Are you serious??!!! How many times in a game, do people shoulder each other, but realise the boundaries. For a start, the official should not have been on the pitch. He certainly should not have kicked the ball away. Even though the player shouldered him, his reaction was not in keeping with the shoulder. Anyway, never mind all this, he should be nowhere near a football pitch. he is a liability and should receive a long ban. It would be good to hear that Omagh had banned him from the club independently.

I agree with you on the Omagh man, my point is in general is that why is it seen as acceptable to fire a shoulder into an unsuspecting man in the GAA?  Running and firing a shoulder into a man is no more sever than a punch to the body, yet there would be no issue with a red card for that.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

redhandefender

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 22, 2015, 04:16:51 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on June 22, 2015, 03:28:47 PM

I agree with you on the Omagh man, my point is in general is that why is it seen as acceptable to fire a shoulder into an unsuspecting man in the GAA?  Running and firing a shoulder into a man is no more sever than a punch to the body, yet there would be no issue with a red card for that.

A punch and a shoulder are very different in knowing how much damage each are going to cause. If you get involved in a a game from the sidelines by kicking a ball away then you should be expecting a shoulder. You don't want to be involved then leave the football alone, take your seat and shut up

redzone

Stans not wise that's for sure.first thing Meyer did was get rid of him but he is back again under strain. Did he beat many ardboe men that day up in ardboe.no

omaghjoe

Didnt see the incident so cant comment but why was Sludden reffing? Doesn't he live in KC and have ties to the club?

Club boi

Don't know on your comment but he Hardly had an influence if he sent of a KC man and they were well beat

ose 14

Tommo apologies if you think my post was condoning the actions of the omagh official as it most certainly wasn't. hitting any man a punch on a football field wether you think your right or wrong should never ever be tolerated by anybody. the referee was correct and dealt with the incident accordingly as sludden would have been sent off for inciting the melee in the first place never mind his retaliation. stepping over the line was referencing his actions not the physical action of stepping over the line if that makes sense. Im sure stal mcsorley when he has time to reflect today knows he was wrong to strike sludden and I hope the killyclogher man is equally as reflective as you seem to be implying his striking and subsequent punishment was a lesser crime. a punch is a punch. no example to children by either man. time the gaa  got serious and  rid our games of this nonsense once and for all. I also am man enough to realise that my use of the word karma referencing the best player on the pitch Ciaran mclaughlin being taken out by no 10 was inflammatory and does nothing but deepen the chasm. move on please the game is over and both individuals will have to suffer the consequences. 

oakleafgael

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 22, 2015, 05:33:35 PM
Didnt see the incident so cant comment but why was Sludden reffing? Doesn't he live in KC and have ties to the club?

He wasn't, he was playing for Killyclogher and got the line. But Sludden the ref does live in Killyclogher but refs for Dromore.

omaghjoe

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 22, 2015, 09:24:26 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on June 22, 2015, 05:33:35 PM

He wasn't, he was playing for Killyclogher and got the line. But Sludden the ref does live in Killyclogher but refs for Dromore.

Ahhh it was Sludden junior!

redhandefender

Gabhan sludden who got sent off is the refs son