Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: winghalfback on June 04, 2015, 03:30:25 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on June 03, 2015, 04:29:46 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on June 03, 2015, 04:21:05 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 03, 2015, 04:00:54 PM
Johnny Monroe and Collie McGurl out for Carmen. Could be crippling.

Hope thats not true Roddy, should be a good game but Carmen need big players like McGurk to be available.

As for us against Coalisland. It should be a great game providing we attack and dont play some of the overly defensive drivel we have been recently. IMO we can play some of the best free flowing football in the County when we throw of the shackles. I think if we invite Coalisland unto us then we are asking for trouble.

Can definitley see Killyclogher chinning Errigal with no Peter Harte.

Agree. Clonoe have such a strong team/squad I'm suprised they adopt that approach (or feel the need to at any rate). The norm nowadays I suppose   :(

I think to much is being made of the clonoe defensive strategy. To me their management are only trying to sort out a system for the occasion when a situation like championship v dromore presents itself again. I doubt if that system will be used this sunday.

Onto sundays game it will be tight some of the personal duels on show will be interesting hampsey v mc nulty, mackers v lavery, Jason Carberry v coney, Donnelly v Patrick Doris, Mc nulty v Philly T, Dwayne Quinn v B Toner Louis v Skeet this game will be very tight maybe only a 1 or 2 point game. Kerr and Doris missing kinda even themselves out as bad losses to either team.

Very good player, but how sharp/fit can you expect anyone to be given they've just returned from abroad having played little football? If Mackers fitness was in doubt, perhaps he may be left until the second half to run at a more tired Clonoe defence?

rrhf

Quote from: winghalfback on June 04, 2015, 03:30:25 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on June 03, 2015, 04:29:46 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on June 03, 2015, 04:21:05 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 03, 2015, 04:00:54 PM
Johnny Monroe and Collie McGurl out for Carmen. Could be crippling.

Hope thats not true Roddy, should be a good game but Carmen need big players like McGurk to be available.

As for us against Coalisland. It should be a great game providing we attack and dont play some of the overly defensive drivel we have been recently. IMO we can play some of the best free flowing football in the County when we throw of the shackles. I think if we invite Coalisland unto us then we are asking for trouble.

Can definitley see Killyclogher chinning Errigal with no Peter Harte.

Agree. Clonoe have such a strong team/squad I'm suprised they adopt that approach (or feel the need to at any rate). The norm nowadays I suppose   :(

I think to much is being made of the clonoe defensive strategy. To me their management are only trying to sort out a system for the occasion when a situation like championship v dromore presents itself again. I doubt if that system will be used this sunday.

Onto sundays game it will be tight some of the personal duels on show will be interesting hampsey v mc nulty, mackers v lavery, Jason Carberry v coney, Donnelly v Patrick Doris, Mc nulty v Philly T, Dwayne Quinn v B Toner Louis v Skeet this game will be very tight maybe only a 1 or 2 point game. Kerr and Doris missing kinda even themselves out as bad losses to either team.

This has all the hallmarks of an absolute cracker.  Whilst I am in total disagreement of the timing of the championship.  There is some of the best ties in years to go and see this years championship.  So just do it.. Always loved the Carrickmore approach to the championship but what a challenge they face in this superb Omagh team.  The Clarkes V trillick is another cracker albeit slightly out of the powerhouse bracket.  Killyclogher V Errigal is another interesting bout with both teams always capable of a championship rattle.  Who can join the mighty Dromore and Greencastle in the next round?

redzone

Get post rrhf luv the enthusiasm. Some weekend ahead of gaa. Omagh, moy, strabane, trillick, Clonoe and a draw in the last. After watching ardboe go out tamely last week I've a feeling Carmen will tear into Omagh early on. Will the townies go weak at the knees or prove once again that they are the best team in Tyrone. I've a feeling this one could be nasty.roll on the weekend

macca123

Gonzalo15

Bumper weekend ahead and really looking forward to it. omagh v carrickmore and the clarkes v trillick are real 50/50 ties and could swing either way. I can't call it.  Clonoe, killyclogher, moy and augher to go through in the other games. In the intermediate i'll say Edendork kildress and gortin all to win

Sunny Day

Some weekend ahead.  Cant wait for it.  Some quality games on the horizon.  Wins for Omagh, Trillick, Strabane, Moy, Clonoe and Killyclogher.  Tyrone Club Championship has to be the most contested Championship in Ulster!! Credit to all the clubs.

GJL

barelegs

Quote from: macca123 on June 05, 2015, 09:09:32 AM
Is Morgan fit for Edendork?

Well he played and scored 0-4 from frees against Derrylaughan a fortnight ago so I presume he is

TopGael33

What's s the value bet of the weekend then?

In hiding

Augher 6/4 and killyclogher 15/8 double

GJL

omagh_gael

Penrose and Rauri Loughran sent off. Omagh had 16 (I think) sides as well.

Aaron Boone

It looks like this Omagh team has designs not just on Tyrone, but Ulster Club as well. The foundations are in place.

LeoMc

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 05, 2015, 10:26:25 PM
It looks like this Omagh team has designs not just on Tyrone, but Ulster Club as well. The foundations are in place.
Doubt they will be looking much beyond Dromore at this stage!

longballin

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 05, 2015, 10:26:25 PM

They wont beat Dromore.

Only thing this tame affair showed was Carrickmore are finished as a force in Tyrone championship football for a few years to come.