Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

When quality players head off on their travels it's very short-sighted of clubs to moan about the loss.  The ambassadors they become for their club and parish by playing abroad is something you cannot put a price on. 

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: rrhf on April 17, 2015, 05:39:35 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on April 16, 2015, 09:46:27 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 16, 2015, 04:27:47 PM
Quote from: Legoman5 on April 15, 2015, 04:01:44 PM
I hear 3 greencastle starters headin to the states! Tickets all booked! Guna be a massive blow to them! Guna be a tough season for there senior team now to avoid the drop!

Wouldn't be overly concerned if i was a greencastle man, not exactly 3 of their best players that are leaving just a few players on the outskirts of the 15.
Can see Greencastle having a good season and maybe even a championship run given their side of the draw.

The 'castle must have some squad now if they deem John McCullagh, Sean Warnock and Mark Carson on the outskirts of their starting team....maybe they are going to send 3 look-a-like reserves to San Fran instead !! Them 3 would get on most senior teams and will be badly missed if the rumours are true that these 3 are definitely going to San Francisco soon.
Did my cullough ever get a trial with Tyrone seniors

Never got one. Maybe if he was from Omagh or Errigal he might have gotten a trial but being from Greencastle he was overlooked which is pity as he is as good as any forward tyrone have at the minute.

time ticking away

Are Colly Doris and Stephen Mc Nally away for the summer
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

redzone

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 17, 2015, 11:38:21 PM
Quote from: rrhf on April 17, 2015, 05:39:35 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on April 16, 2015, 09:46:27 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 16, 2015, 04:27:47 PM
Quote from: Legoman5 on April 15, 2015, 04:01:44 PM
I hear 3 greencastle starters headin to the states! Tickets all booked! Guna be a massive blow to them! Guna be a tough season for there senior team now to avoid the drop!

Wouldn't be overly concerned if i was a greencastle man, not exactly 3 of their best players that are leaving just a few players on the outskirts of the 15.
Can see Greencastle having a good season and maybe even a championship run given their side of the draw.

The 'castle must have some squad now if they deem John McCullagh, Sean Warnock and Mark Carson on the outskirts of their starting team....maybe they are going to send 3 look-a-like reserves to San Fran instead !! Them 3 would get on most senior teams and will be badly missed if the rumours are true that these 3 are definitely going to San Francisco soon.
Did my cullough ever get a trial with Tyrone seniors

Never got one. Maybe if he was from Omagh or Errigal he might have gotten a trial but being from Greencastle he was overlooked which is pity as he is as good as any forward tyrone have at the minute.

abouslte crap. u must be judging him on his tyrone minor performances. after that he never pushed on, and id say he wasn't interested in playing for the county seniors. its not for everyone. yes there was potential but sure every player has that.

Gonzalo15

Quote from: time ticking away on April 18, 2015, 12:15:24 AM
Are Colly Doris and Stephen Mc Nally away for the summer

Yes, doris in america mcnally in oz if i'm not mistaken

rrhf

Obviously the Tyrone management don't share your.opinion.

laceer

Club matches on Friday night now that the under 21s won I'm hearing?

Tommo2

Quote from: laceer on April 18, 2015, 07:29:08 PM
Club matches on Friday night now that the under 21s won I'm hearing?

Tomorrows games?

laceer

rrhf

Our under 21 players were sharp and in form.  I think that round of club league games last week helped their sharpness. Maybe there is a message in that for our county management at other levels as well.  More football with clubs and less in house training keeps the guys developing. As well as Feargal, Peter and Brian the role of Peter Donnelly appears to be paying up.  Has he now been involved in 4 Ulster under 21 championships in a row.   

Mikhailov

Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2015, 06:42:46 AM
Our under 21 players were sharp and in form.  I think that round of club league games last week helped their sharpness. Maybe there is a message in that for our county management at other levels as well.  More football with clubs and less in house training keeps the guys developing. As well as Feargal, Peter and Brian the role of Peter Donnelly appears to be paying up.  Has he now been involved in 4 Ulster under 21 championships in a row.

Think it is 5 - 4 with Cavan and 1 with Tyrone plus he won 3 in a row as a player. Must like this competition.

On another note - our club season is now f**ked up big time... this U21 season wasn't in the planning and now it messes up the early season but in a good way - imagine the chaos if the final is a draw or Tyrone v Donegal is a draw at either minor or senior game !!!!. Hope the U21 lads go and win it now - have played very well in the 4 games to date, everyone knows their job, plays to the system and puts team first. Have serious fitness levels and physically strong in all areas. Defenders are comfortable on the ball but can mark as well
as we seen yesterday with Hampsey and Mullan particularly and Cassidy played well and managed to attack at will into the bargain. Think we have to start Bradley the next day, no second chances from now on....

Club boi

An who exactly would you drop from Bradley??

winghalfback

Big win for clone today against Carrickmore. Both teams had a few men missing and both teams trying out new game plans by the looks of it.
Omagh also had a big win away to Coalisland . Moy got a bad beating by Killyclogher.

tiempo

Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2015, 06:42:46 AM

+1

I believe Cork had a policy the other year whereby if a player wasn't in the 15 for the next game he could play club. Ok you take a risk of injury etc but they can and will happen anyway. I think there needs to be a major rethink from the Tyone CB, club and county managers and one giant climb down too. The game is there for the players, players at the top level should not be strong armed into neglecting their clubs if they need game time, and clubs should be willing to accept that if their players are playing at a higher level and developing that they will reap the rewards too. It is sickening how county players are flogged for every ounce of flesh while simultaneously holding up the season for >500 other players due to no fault of their own (the county players are blameless here).

I appreciate not all clubs are born equal (in terms of size or catchment) or are at the same stage of development, and some are in need of their prized assets but a common policy to support all would be a breath of fresh air. I personally believe that players should not be playing more than 3 games in 7 days across all codes, be it hurling/football, U21, colleges, sigerson, club, etc etc. and that there must be more than 24 hours between the end of one game and the beginning of another to allow for down time/rest/injury prevention.

The 3 games in 7 days would require a full scale rethink nationally, which we already know is required. If some grades/competitions had to be removed altogether then so be it, we are at the tipping point of ridiculous currently.

time ticking away

How many of the under 21 starters from the Roscommon game played for their clubs less than 24 hours later. According to teamtalkmag, Danny Mc Nulty played for Clonoe. Is Cassidy on a power trip? Did any others play? Trillick got some result if the Brennan's didn't play !
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......