Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legoman5

Any story on fixtures this wk,im hearin 6 O'clock on Sat for clubs with U21 involvement? any rumours goin around?
Are the players only guna get there 2 days recovery after a tough fought Ulster final?? Surely this isnt right!!

Quarterback

Quote from: Legoman5 on April 09, 2015, 08:29:32 AM
Any story on fixtures this wk,im hearin 6 O'clock on Sat for clubs with U21 involvement? any rumours goin around?
Are the players only guna get there 2 days recovery after a tough fought Ulster final?? Surely this isnt right!!

What is your issue with players 'only' getting 2 days recovery!!  This is more than suffice.  Our senior team played against Kerry in a hard fought game Sunday and were back out training again on Tuesday night.  Is that sufficient recovery?  Club football in Tyrone needs to go ahead - this stop starting fixtures scenario cannot happen this year.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Legoman5 on April 09, 2015, 08:29:32 AM
There is a rumour going round that the round 1 league fixtures might be pulled due to teh U21s.
Havent heard anything confirmed yet though.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Legoman5

Obv ur club has no players involved in the U21 panel as u have no interest in the welbeing of the players, For recovery and to avoid injury then any man wud know that 2 days isn't enuf time but in sayin this I wud expect all players will play for clubs this wkend if they go ahead but still dont think this is right as they wont be 100%.
And I dont think training 2 days later after the Kerry game is the same as an Ulster 21 final and an opening league game..

Quarterback

Quote from: Legoman5 on April 09, 2015, 09:25:18 AM
Obv ur club has no players involved in the U21 panel as u have no interest in the welbeing of the players, For recovery and to avoid injury then any man wud know that 2 days isn't enuf time but in sayin this I wud expect all players will play for clubs this wkend if they go ahead but still dont think this is right as they wont be 100%.
And I dont think training 2 days later after the Kerry game is the same as an Ulster 21 final and an opening league game..

I would hope/expect that Tyrone training would be MUCH MORE competitive than Tyrone league games - all off a sudden players seem to need so many days recovery after a game.  What ever happened to getting to bed early and getting a good nights sleep.  We need to put an emphasis on our club football.  What about lads that are not getting any football - the subs on the county squads - look at what happened just this week with 4 lads leaving the county panel due to lack of football.  Players confidence is rotting away when they don't play. Also for the average club footballer that make arrangements with work to be off for games yet you feel its ok to pull the plug on games with 3 days notice?... What would you say to clubs who have booked flights for lads working in England months ago??  Most of these U21 lads are at college and are off this week so will not be working or studying hence they will get plenty of rest..!!!   

BennyHarp

Mid week dates for big underage championship matches are a relatively new thing over the past 4 or 5 years. If these games were still at the weekends there would most likely be no club football at all this weekend. But if the solution to player burnout is for them to go to bed early and get a good nights sleep then these lads should probably play on Saturday and Sunday. ::)

We haven't won an u21 title since 2006, the semi final is 9 days away, let's stop whinging and give the lads the best opportunity possible, God knows it's most likely our only realistic chance of AI silverware this year.
That was never a square ball!!

Soup an Samajiz

"Quarterback" the point your trying to make about making club football more of a priority is fine but your arguments are absolute nonsense. Playing a game that close is definitely not enough time to be at the level you would want to be at going into an All Ireland series. And no, Tyrone training would absolutely not be as intense on a Tuesday night during the season as a club match would be.. you've no idea what your talking about if you think that's the case.

Anyway, as has been said, I'd be very surprised if any of the u21 county lads that have any aspirations of starting during the week will take part in club football this weekend. It's not a perfect scenario but sure when is it ever guna be, just have to make-do. I for one am just mad looking forward to getting the league up and running.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on April 09, 2015, 10:39:38 AM
"Quarterback" the point your trying to make about making club football more of a priority is fine but your arguments are absolute nonsense. Playing a game that close is definitely not enough time to be at the level you would want to be at going into an All Ireland series. And no, Tyrone training would absolutely not be as intense on a Tuesday night during the season as a club match would be.. you've no idea what your talking about if you think that's the case.

Anyway, as has been said, I'd be very surprised if any of the u21 county lads that have any aspirations of starting during the week will take part in club football this weekend. It's not a perfect scenario but sure when is it ever guna be, just have to make-do. I for one am just mad looking forward to getting the league up and running.

I think this is very unfair, particulary on a club like trillick, who have 4 u21s , who play strabane in thier first game back up in senior.
I would say that this weekends club games wont go ahead, which I wouldnt really have a problem with, apart from the fact that this is now thursday and noone still seems to know what it happening
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quarterback

I don't think that's the case I know that's the case as I can speak from experience.  You choose to ignore the other points I make regarding the organisation lads make for a league game.  With a larger number off lads working away from home flights are usually pre-booked.  Do you have any ideas how this could be sorted or is it just drop everything and fu*k the clubs

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Quarterback on April 09, 2015, 10:57:14 AM

I don't think that's the case I know that's the case as I can speak from experience.  You choose to ignore the other points I make regarding the organisation lads make for a league game.  With a larger number off lads working away from home flights are usually pre-booked.  Do you have any ideas how this could be sorted or is it just drop everything and fu*k the clubs

I don't know what club matches you be watching, but there's not a whole pile would be tougher than match pace football and all the allowances would be made for any man with niggles and tightness and whatever else so don't be silly, its not the same at all nevermind tougher.

I'm not ignoring the other points I just didn't have as big a grievance with them, but if your asking... I'm not saying f**k the clubs at all, I said at the start I agree more priority needs to be given to club, but I'm saying play on regardless and let the county men make their own decisions. Those 4 men that left the panel this week obviously did and I'm not saying they are right or wrong, they just weighed it up for themselves and that was the decision for them. With regards to arranging matches to suit men across the water is just unrealistic, you'll never accommodate that. Them men have decided to go, they knew the downfalls of that when they made their decision to go in the first place, get back for what they can when they can, but just like you say regarding county players, everybody else can't be held to ransom to suit flights booked. It's an amateur game, there's a lot of ball to be played and men work and there's always a million other things, so possible match-daytime frames are a precious commodity, needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... Play away I say

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 09, 2015, 10:51:41 AM

I think this is very unfair, particulary on a club like trillick, who have 4 u21s , who play strabane in thier first game back up in senior.
I would say that this weekends club games wont go ahead, which I wouldnt really have a problem with, apart from the fact that this is now thursday and noone still seems to know what it happening

Everything I've heard is that games will go ahead, but yeah its absolutely a disadvantage to Trillick and every other team involved, theres plenty I know, but postponing the league I wouldn't be in favour of myself. I don't know what the official line will be but I'm just saying I'd be very surprised if any of the lads were to take part in club this weekend, a Saturday match for all the teams affected seems to be the compromise being proposed but we'll know shortly enough

Norf Tyrone

The email was out there weeks ago if not longer.

If U21s are involved in an All Ireland semi final games will be Saturday. If not they'll be Sunday. With that in mind, it has been clear for over 4 weeks what the proviso for this weekend was.

I don't think there has been anything communicated to change that since, and doubt there will be.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 09, 2015, 11:58:28 AM
The email was out there weeks ago if not longer.

If U21s are involved in an All Ireland semi final games will be Saturday. If not they'll be Sunday. With that in mind, it has been clear for over 4 weeks what the proviso for this weekend was.

I don't think there has been anything communicated to change that since, and doubt there will be.

Well i have just heard that the U21s themselves have been told different.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on April 09, 2015, 11:25:39 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 09, 2015, 10:51:41 AM

Everything I've heard is that games will go ahead, but yeah its absolutely a disadvantage to Trillick and every other team involved, theres plenty I know, but postponing the league I wouldn't be in favour of myself. I don't know what the official line will be but I'm just saying I'd be very surprised if any of the lads were to take part in club this weekend, a Saturday match for all the teams affected seems to be the compromise being proposed but we'll know shortly enough

CCC now reaping the result of the decision to play championship at end of May. As regards u21 s not playing this weekend, clubs hav. 5 matches before championship, with 2 starred games, can you imagine how the u21 player will be treated if comes in saying I not playing this weekend to compound the county players missing with starred games, leaving clubs with county Sen and u21s having two games with full squad, playing a blinder there the CCC taking into account August will be free for club football in this county., of that anyone watching and knows football can see

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 06, 2015, 09:15:59 PM
Yes, league starts on Sunday.
if Tyrone under 21s win on Wednesday night then clubs with players involved in Tyrone under 21s will play their league game on Saturday as opposed to Sunday

Dear all,

Please reference my quote above.

I trust this clarifies any queries regarding this weekends club league fixtures.

Regards
Christmas Lights

Tyrone CCC
C/O The Garvaghy Project
Kellys Inn, Ballygawley / Omagh
Co Tyrone