Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 26, 2015, 09:35:23 AM
Ardboe played in the 1972 Ulster club final and retained the county title the following year.

Forgot about ye.  :(

winghalfback

Reading todays Irish News back pages I have to say I agree with Mickey Donnelly regarding the motion going forward to congress that post primary schools should get first choice of players over county minor teams. In my opinion I think it should be 1.Club 2.County 3.School as an order of priority for lads playing football. My reason for this is the same as Mickey their season is over drawn and has a lot of needless games in it but the biggest reason is the lack of insurance or injury care provided by these schools. My own club has had man lads starring for their respective schools in the latter stages of both vocational and colleges football for many years and on more than one occasion these lads have come back to us injured and out of football for some time in some instances we have had player out for a full season, the schools attitude being tough luck not our problem. County teams to be fair always sort out any injuries or niggles and are easy to work with and communicate with.
I also am of the opinion that the motion going forward that county minors should not be allowed to play for their club senior teams until their county minor season has finished is the right call. I appreciate that some clubs claim they need these players as they would not be able to field but I feel it will encourage the lads who tend to drift away to maybe stay on if there is the chance of club football. There are two sides to this argument and both have valid points.

youhavenofans

Quote from: winghalfback on February 26, 2015, 02:09:06 PM
Reading todays Irish News back pages I have to say I agree with Mickey Donnelly regarding the motion going forward to congress that post primary schools should get first choice of players over county minor teams. In my opinion I think it should be 1.Club 2.County 3.School as an order of priority for lads playing football. My reason for this is the same as Mickey their season is over drawn and has a lot of needless games in it but the biggest reason is the lack of insurance or injury care provided by these schools. My own club has had man lads starring for their respective schools in the latter stages of both vocational and colleges football for many years and on more than one occasion these lads have come back to us injured and out of football for some time in some instances we have had player out for a full season, the schools attitude being tough luck not our problem. County teams to be fair always sort out any injuries or niggles and are easy to work with and communicate with.
I also am of the opinion that the motion going forward that county minors should not be allowed to play for their club senior teams until their county minor season has finished is the right call. I appreciate that some clubs claim they need these players as they would not be able to field but I feel it will encourage the lads who tend to drift away to maybe stay on if there is the chance of club football. There are two sides to this argument and both have valid points.

But then again you could agrue that it is reducing the chances of player progression in playing senior football at an earlier age but then again could agrue that it puts more pressure on these young lads with more games which can lead to more injuries at a young age

longballin

Quote from: youhavenofans on February 27, 2015, 02:12:01 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on February 26, 2015, 02:09:06 PM

But then again you could agrue that it is reducing the chances of player progression in playing senior football at an earlier age but then again could agrue that it puts more pressure on these young lads with more games which can lead to more injuries at a young age

How many clubs in Tyrone would struggle to have say 35 players in their senior/reserve panels?

rrhf

Surely we are due a change at minor management.

In hiding

The league fixtures are out. I see there are two games pencilled in for Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd of May. I'd expect mickey to go to the press to whinge about that.

LeoMc

Quote from: In hiding on March 01, 2015, 09:53:32 AM
The league fixtures are out. I see there are two games pencilled in for Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd of May. I'd expect mickey to go to the press to whinge about that.
So you are getting your whinge in first!

laceer

Are they online anywhere?

In hiding

Quote from: LeoMc on March 01, 2015, 10:28:34 AM
What whinge do you mean ?
Whinging about mickeys whinging?  :o

Redhand Santa

Like everyone else I want to see the season running smoothly and regular games for the players. And I always loved double weekends, though given the way the games have gone they're probably becoming tougher on players.

But as the county manager Harte would be more than right to complain if they schedule 2 games that weekend. It is running a serious risk of injury to players just 2 weeks before a huge clash with Donegal and we've seen key players ruled out over weekends like that before. You can guarantee donegal players won't be playing 2 league games that weekend. In armagh the county boys were out for a month before the first round last year. I'd hate that situation but everyone has to be reasonable.

1 game that weekend would be plenty and no point rushing ahead with to many starred games early on. They should be saved for the summer when there is too much inactivity.

In hiding

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 01, 2015, 10:29:32 PM
Like everyone else I want to see the season running smoothly and regular games for the players. And I always loved double weekends, though given the way the games have gone they're probably becoming tougher on players.

But as the county manager Harte would be more than right to complain if they schedule 2 games that weekend. It is running a serious risk of injury to players just 2 weeks before a huge clash with Donegal and we've seen key players ruled out over weekends like that before. You can guarantee donegal players won't be playing 2 league games that weekend. In armagh the county boys were out for a month before the first round last year. I'd hate that situation but everyone has to be reasonable.

1 game that weekend would be plenty and no point rushing ahead with to many starred games early on. They should be saved for the summer when there is too much inactivity.
I agree with the above. However why would the fixtures men have a double weekend that particular weekend, as close as possible to the Donegal game as they are allowed to. It's almost as if the fixtures makers are trying to sabotage Tyrone's preparations. Now that theory sounds ridiculous but the facts do look suspicious

LeoMc

Quote from: In hiding on March 01, 2015, 10:40:05 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 01, 2015, 10:29:32 PM

I agree with the above. However why would the fixtures men have a double weekend that particular weekend, as close as possible to the Donegal game as they are allowed to. It's almost as if the fixtures makers are trying to sabotage Tyrone's preparations. Now that theory sounds ridiculous but the facts do look suspicious
Stick 2 games in, then if Mickey complains they reduce it to 1 and can be seen to be accommodating.

LeoMc

Quote from: In hiding on March 01, 2015, 01:30:53 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 01, 2015, 10:28:34 AM
What whinge do you mean ?
Whinging about mickeys whinging?  :o

;D Aye, wait until he whinges before whinging about him whinging.

Archie Mitchell

laceer

Cheers. Weren't up there when I looked yesterday!